Ever wondered where money sent back to Thailand might be going - here's one answer

webfact

Ever wondered where money sent back to Thailand might be going - here's one answer

2pm.jpg

picture: video screenshot

BURIRAM: -- A Thai woman married to a foreigner sent money she made back to her 16 year old son with instructions to find a good investment.

Entrepreneurial "Rot" couldn't decide the best way to invest his mum's money until he hit on what he thought was a great idea to make easy profits.

Buy Ya Ba to distribute in the area round their Buriram home.

So Rot along with his cousin Rin, 18, met a man named only as Mr O who they paid 70,000 baht a time for a stash of the amphetamines to sell on.

To ensure they were not caught, or so Rot told the cops later, he decided to have a girlfriend, Miss B, 17, do the selling.

No one would suspect a girl of dealing in hard drugs, they thought.

Yesterday they were all caught with 1,000 Ya Ba found at a house in Ban Dan district along with nine telephones used in pursuance of the crime.

Source: Channel 3's news channel on Facebook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-07

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

It will save her sending any more for a good few years.

Doubt it, the court case will cost, and the eventual outcome/sentence may well depend on how much is spent; and if he goes to prison that will cost too, you know, all those little perks that make life a little more bearable.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai woman married to a foreigner sent money she made back to her 16 year old son with instructions to find a good investment.

Who the hell sends money to a 16 year-old and asks them to "find a good investment"???

What did she think was going to happen? Was he supposed to play the market and identify a promising new start-up?

Who the hell sends money to a 16 year-old and asks them to "find a good investment"???

What did she think was going to happen? Was he supposed to play the market and identify a promising new start-up?

This is how they think

58 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Same thing happened in our village. Mum married a German and disappeared off to Europe sending money back to her 16 year old son.

He too took to dealing drugs, also addicted to them which is when he turned to burglary too.

Finally got caught after robbing a local hiso's house and recently finished a jail term.

He also confessed that he was the one who burgled our house just before the hiso's.

Dysfunctional families are everywhere.

1 hour ago, Chris Lawrence said:

I knew one girl who had 4 phones for Darling 1,2,3,4. All sending money for her to live on.

A girl I knew was a serial girlfriend for a number of guys.

Her best time-management coup happened when she went to the airport with darling #1 to see him off (or perhaps to make sure he left the country). She had to wait for at the airport an hour to meet darling #2, taking him to Pattaya in the same taxi.

Knowing how she had her head screwed on, I bet #1 and #2 both paid her for the taxi.

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

A girl I knew was a serial girlfriend for a number of guys.

Her best time-management coup happened when she went to the airport with darling #1 to see him off (or perhaps to make sure he left the country). She had to wait for at the airport an hour to meet darling #2, taking him to Pattaya in the same taxi.

Knowing how she had her head screwed on, I bet #1 and #2 both paid her for the taxi.

this type of situation is quite common .....  they always answer the mobile in private and they will always say '  oh no ... cannot holiday come now  !   I busy my work too mut ...  :shock1:

47 minutes ago, steven100 said:

this type of situation is quite common .....  they always answer the mobile in private and they will always say '  oh no ... cannot holiday come now  !   I busy my work too mut ...  :shock1:

Sometimes the meet on sukhumvit and become friends.

3 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

I knew one girl who had 4 phones for Darling 1,2,3,4. All sending money for her to live on.

Definitely an amateur. With one modern smart phone she would get both a picture and his name as caller ID, even nationality if she cared to add it. Saves confusion, embarrassing lapses of memory, b/f's suspicions about multiple phones, and fingerprint access to the contact list keeps it secure from prying eyes.

9 hours ago, Bangkokazy said:

A tragic story, nice mom, a stupid son.

but one of the easiest ways to double your money

I would say stupid Mum and immature Son.  Much better if sensible Mum had told her Son to find some work and fend for himself, hence improving his ability to grow up and take responsibility.   Problem here is all Women seem to think they should support the whole family until they are Middle Aged in the hope that they themselves will be looked after when they get old.

The headline, where is all the money sent back from overseas going is a bit over the top.

Yes, for sure, there a lots of scammers in the world, lots of silly farang who fall for the

sex scams. Laisse fraire or something like that. Let the buyer beware.

In truth, lots of money returning to Thailand goes to families that would struggle

without the extra income. It is not just sent to drug dealers. Many overseas workers

support families. In this case, a silly concerned and caring mother made a bad choice

to trust an immature young man. It is far from the norm and the headline news is unfair

to legitimate overseas workers and those farang who have decent Thai partners in Thailand.  

18 hours ago, halloween said:

Definitely an amateur. With one modern smart phone she would get both a picture and his name as caller ID, even nationality if she cared to add it. Saves confusion, embarrassing lapses of memory, b/f's suspicions about multiple phones, and fingerprint access to the contact list keeps it secure from prying eyes.

10 years ago that type of device was not used; these are not the smart people we are talking about, and the gigs are even less. Back then importance in the love triangle world was based on the number of phones owned. But as I have said before Hal, you live in a parallel world to many of us.

On 07/09/2017 at 6:02 PM, trainman34014 said:

I would say stupid Mum and immature Son.  Much better if sensible Mum had told her Son to find some work and fend for himself, hence improving his ability to grow up and take responsibility.   Problem here is all Women seem to think they should support the whole family until they are Middle Aged in the hope that they themselves will be looked after when they get old.

Basically agree, but it really is not that easy to come by either gainful employment or decent opportunities. Hence, the ill fated business venture.