Citizens urged to cherish national flag ahead of Thai National Flag Day

webfact

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Their rules apply whether you chose to join them and/or pay their fees or not. That's why they're called "lawn nazis".

I thought housing associations had a set list of rules that applied to all who are part of the association. 

Is it a voluntary thing then?

Unfortunately  love and display of the Thai flag no longer means pride and love of their nation. 

It now equates with supporting a certain political party. Most Thais that do not support that party, do not like to display their beloved flag anymore. 

There must be a law against this grave injustice perpetuated by Suthep. 

Sadly The flag has become a symbol of disunity. 

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I thought housing associations had a set list of rules that applied to all who are part of the association. 

Is it a voluntary thing then?

Put it this way. I am a recalcitrant and stroppy member of the one where my US home is located and they make my life hell. My neighbor of +20 years is a great guy, a fully paid-up member and they make his life hell.

I don't really care too much about their rules as most of them are sensible and easy to comply with. I have no issues with paying my contribution towards the common areas but since the pool, changing rooms, showers, barbecue area and tennis courts had fallen into disrepair and are mostly unusable, I refused to pay for them until they were usable (despite the fact that I probably wouldn't use them even if they were in good condition). My beef is with the extraordinary powers that are bestowed on them to punish the most trivial of offences beyond late dues such as parking my own truck on my own front lawn. This was done to accommodate off-street parking for my neighbors family attending their Thanksgiving celebration weekend. I was away at work and they could use my drive. My home fronts onto a T-junction in the subdivision and the neighbors and cops were happy with my temporary solution but the "lawn nazis" issued a citation which had the admonishment in the small text legalese that repeat offending may result in them placing a lien on my property. Another whine was my choosing to do my own lawn care rather than hire a 'professional' company. My work means I can be home for weeks at a time with DIY lawn care but sometimes I am away for weeks at a time and the grass sometimes passes some unwritten, maximum length criteria but certainly never long enough to completely hide my truck!

6 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Unfortunately  love and display of the Thai flag no longer means pride and love of their nation. 

It now equates with supporting a certain political party. Most Thais that do not support that party, do not like to display their beloved flag anymore. 

It has?

Which Suthep?

(bear with me, I am a bit old)

Flags schmags. The homeowners associations in the US kick the puny UK town councils when it comes to punishment. There they can kick you out of your bought and paid for home if you don't mow the lawn or hide your wheelie bin.

What if you paint your wheelie bin red white and blue and hoist it up a flagpole?

Sorry, Friday afternoon, demob happy...

2 hours ago, JAG said:

What if you paint your wheelie bin red white and blue and hoist it up a flagpole?

Sorry, Friday afternoon, demob happy...

TGIF!!!

Neighbor across the street was nailed for having a large satellite dish on the back of his garage roof that was partially visible from the street. He got smart and stuck a modified beach umbrella parasol over the dish so it looked like a bit of patio furniture instead. Pass!

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

My neighbor has a flag with thaksin and Yingluck in 69 position Its Hysterical. He also has a floor matt with thaksins face on it. LOL.

13 hours ago, choff56 said:

Better known as Thai Military Junta National Propaganda Day. I'm looking forward to it, does anybody know where I can buy a pair of Thai flag shorts. The markets always have USA and British flag shorts for sale but when I inquire about Thai flag shorts, the shop employees always look at me like I have two heads.

Will flip flops work? I've seen them for sale online.

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

TGIF!!!

Neighbor across the street was nailed for having a large satellite dish on the back of his garage roof that was partially visible from the street. He got smart and stuck a modified beach umbrella parasol over the dish so it looked like a bit of patio furniture instead. Pass!

It does sound as if the chap who heads up your homeowners' association has the sort of face one would never get tired of punching!

17 hours ago, greenchair said:

Maybe you are not old. 

Maybe you haven't been around long enough. 

Bear with me while I conjure up some smart ass rejoinder to subtly take a jibe at your obvious Thai language deficiencies and apparent inability to work out my venerable antiquity just from my TV forum name.

Meh...

On 08/09/2017 at 0:50 PM, Happy enough said:

people will fly them. and so they should. but believe me many councils insist on flags on houses be taken down or threaten people with fines. recently a labour councillor posted a picture of a house with a st georges cross and a white van outside with the message "ghastly people"

Usually  seen on "council houses" along with a  pit  bull type  dog and a  couple of nice tattoos, from recollection.

On 9/8/2017 at 1:09 PM, Happy enough said:

just google "forced to remove st georges cross". they'll be loads of examples

While you're at it, google English Defence League .

59b3911e1fa39_ScreenShot2017-09-09at1_58_19PM.png.6c5aa6eb29aaa67ad4cba2ce18f95c96.png

Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels (and skinheaded racists).