proof of income deposited here for mortgage from British Embassy

madmonk888

Hi

does anyone know if you can get a letter or affirmation from the British Embassy to show you bring  x amount into Thailand each month. It is not pension money, nor wages it comes from savings so it's not so easy to prove but there are bank statements in a Thai foreign deposit account showing an consistent amount coming into to Thailand every month in £s. My wife will get the mortgage with her job/income , mine would be used to help bolster the amount we can borrow. Does anyone have any experience , Thank you in advance

Are you seeking an income confirmation letter for retirement/marriage extension of stay purposes? What the Embassy will, I suspect, want to see as evidence are records of outgoings from the UK rather than incomings into Thailand. Are the savings to which you refer held in UK accounts? If so, it is tangible proof of the transfers out of these accounts that the Embassy will probably want to see.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Are you seeking an income confirmation letter for retirement/marriage extension of stay purposes? What the Embassy will, I suspect, want to see as evidence are records of outgoings from the UK rather than incomings into Thailand. Are the savings to which you refer held in UK accounts? If so, it is tangible proof of the transfers out of these accounts that the Embassy will probably want to see.

I recently got a letter provided from the British embassy in BKK showing proof of income for purpose of retirement visa extension. It cost me around 3000 THB and i had to provide last 3 months UK bank statements showing income form dividends from savings and investments which vary every month and all was ok

I’m not sure that the British Embassy (Bangkok) will provide you with a letter confirming the amount that you have coming into Thailand each month in order to support an application for a mortgage. 

The ‘standard’ letter which the Embassy provides is a confirmation of pension/income specifically for the purposes of supporting a renewal/extension of a retirement visa.  The letter being addressed to addressed to the Commissioner – Immigration Bureau

Details of how to obtain this letter, requirements and fees etc are available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

I would suggest that you email the Embassy in the first instance and ask if they will assist you.  Their email address is:  [email protected]

21 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

I’m not sure that the British Embassy (Bangkok) will provide you with a letter confirming the amount that you have coming into Thailand each month in order to support an application for a mortgage. 

The ‘standard’ letter which the Embassy provides is a confirmation of pension/income specifically for the purposes of supporting a renewal/extension of a retirement visa.  The letter being addressed to addressed to the Commissioner – Immigration Bureau

Details of how to obtain this letter, requirements and fees etc are available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

I would suggest that you email the Embassy in the first instance and ask if they will assist you.  Their email address is:  [email protected]

Would the letter addressed to Immigration not suffice as proof of income for the mortgage company?

Thanks all for your replies. I was not looking for a retirement / marriage extension but just for proof to assist with a mortgage application, If it is feasible. The money comes in each month into a foreign currency deposit account in £s but it is not a salary or a pension it comes from my current account.  Is the letter to Immigration in Thai ? and good idea Paulo59 I will email the embassy.

50 minutes ago, madmonk888 said:

Thanks all for your replies. I was not looking for a retirement / marriage extension but just for proof to assist with a mortgage application, If it is feasible. The money comes in each month into a foreign currency deposit account in £s but it is not a salary or a pension it comes from my current account.  Is the letter to Immigration in Thai ? and good idea Paulo59 I will email the embassy.

Why not get a letter from your bank to say x amount is deposited each month im sur a bank letter would suffice.

7 hours ago, madmonk888 said:

The letter is written in English however should be understandable for Thai application

7 hours ago, madmonk888 said:

Interesting that you have a bank that will accept foreign income for mortgage, ours (Siam Commercial) were not interested in my foreign earnings just my (and my wife's) Thai salary.

I suspect the best you will get is the retirement letter, but it's worth contacting the embassy with your requirements, they may be able to tailor things to your needs (does the income letter actually mention "retirement"?). Plenty of places to do translation near the embassy, fees are pretty nominal.