An Art Exhibit at the UN Irish Pub?????

idman

I nearly fell off my bar stool when I read that. I had to re-read that as I was gasping for breath as I was laughing so hard. Who in their right mind came up with that?? The UN Irish Pub would be the very last place in Chiang Mai to hold ANY sort of cultural event. Given the clientel on a daily basis I find it laughable that they would be able to raise their heads from their Archas and Changs long enough to even notice this art exhibit. Perhaps the owner is hoping this Art Exhibit will attract a better class of ExPats to his establishment??? Yeah, right you are Laddie. Thanks anyhow to whomever came up with this idea you made my weekend.

I always found the UN Irish Pub to be rather sedate and laid back with a fairly agreeable clientele. But then I only go there to watch US football so perhaps the rabble that you refer to is mostly missing during my visits.

Try reading the Bangkok Post Friday edition, the insert piece. An up and coming artist by the name of "Goy" will be presenting Giclee print limited editions at various venues in Chiang Mai. As an answer to this Johnpa not once did I refer to the Expat clientel as rabble. Regardless, the notion that Art and the UN Irish Pub are spoken in the same breath is hysterical.

Such pompous assumptions.

It's not just about the clientele of the pub. Do you not think that an art exhibit(ion) would be interesting for people other than the the patrons of the UN Irish pub? There's no reason at all why other art lovers and non-patrons might not go along to see it.

Regards,

Joe

11 hours ago, Johpa said:

I always found the UN Irish Pub to be rather sedate and laid back with a fairly agreeable clientele. But then I only go there to watch US football so perhaps the rabble that you refer to is mostly missing during my visits.

over the years  E/S has  been to the U.N.  pub on a number of occasions, but never to watch the U.S footy, so perhaps  E/S  have missed the Rabble that you  are  referring  to:smile:

a very nice late evening to all

On 9/8/2017 at 11:08 AM, idman said:

Given the clientel on a daily basis I find it laughable that they would be able to raise their heads from their Archas and Changs long enough to even notice this art exhibit.

Neither Archa or Chang beer is sold at the UN Irish. Try John's Place or maybe Mad Dog for the low life clientele.

14 hours ago, evenstevens said:

over the years  E/S has  been to the U.N.  pub on a number of occasions, but never to watch the U.S footy, so perhaps  E/S  have missed the Rabble that you  are  referring  to:smile:

a very nice late evening to all

Did E/S find any other egotistical nutters who refer to themselves in the third person? 

20 hours ago, idman said:

Try reading the Bangkok Post Friday edition, the insert piece. An up and coming artist by the name of "Goy" will be presenting Giclee print limited editions at various venues in Chiang Mai. As an answer to this Johnpa not once did I refer to the Expat clientel as rabble. Regardless, the notion that Art and the UN Irish Pub are spoken in the same breath is hysterical.

Why not mention "Friday edition, Bangkok Post" in your original post?  Not everyone reads the Bangkok Post. In fact, most people don't.

Archived