Thai student apologizes for 160 million baht losses after Ponzi scheme got out of hand

webfact

34 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Bitcoin itself is far from a scam. It is a technology with a proper use and inherent value. Nor is it a ponzi as there is a limit of 21 million Bitcoin (currently 16.5m in circulation), and a ponzi has the premise of unlimited returns. 

Seems the Chinese decided to split their Bitcoins, just like stocks split when the price gets too high..  Kind of shoots that 21 million limit in the butt...

I'm a big fan of the concept of Bitcoin as a digital currency, but it's been hijacked by the get-rich-quickers and looks a lot more like a Ponzi scheme than a currency.

Edited by impulse

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Seems the Chinese decided to split their Bitcoins, just like stocks split when the price gets too high..  Kind of shoots that 21 million limit in the butt...

I'm a big fan of the concept of Bitcoin as a digital currency, but it's been hijacked by the get-rich-quickers and looks a lot more like a Ponzi scheme than a currency.

So true and many being setup in Thailand. 

20 hours ago, impulse said:

Every victim thinks the scheme that they fell for was a lot more credible than the scheme that someone else fell for.

Been there, done that, twice. And I don't really believe I am gullible or stupid.

Greed does blind one.