New Policy at CM Immigration?

FolkGuitar

We went to Immigration today to get re-entry visas.  Got there at 9:15, home by 10:30  I can live with that kind of service. Very quick today.

And speaking of service, we were handed "Customer Service Satisfaction Surveys" to fill out and hand in.

1. Was the area neat and tidy?

2. Was the Officer polite and courteous?

3. Was the service convenient and quick?

And one last one;

Did the Officer ask for a bribe or any personal favor?

My hat is off to these folks... Taking no chances, we had to fill out and HAND IN these forms BEFORE we had submitted our paperwork.

Filled out the same form yesterday referred to by FolkGuitar above.  My paperwork was already submitted but hadn't been processed yet when I was given the form to complete.  I gave them decent marks (while wondering how the completion of my paperwork would have gone had I given poor marks or added in the comment section that I thought the survey was a bit imbecilic). 

We were told by the people sitting next to us that the fellow manning the Re-Entry desk was taking between 20-30 minutes per applicant. Just as our number came up, he stood up and walked out the back door towards the toilets. Fifteen minutes later, the woman who appeared to be running the show sat down at the desk and called my number. My wife an I sat down together, at which point we were instructed to fill out the survey and hand them in. We did so, and then the woman took both our passports and documents, quickly went through both stacks, stamped everything for both of us, and we left the desk 10 minutes later. Ten minutes to process two of us, where as the other fellow was taking 20-30 minutes for one. We thanked the Gods for his weak kidneys.

In case you don't know and it's relevant to your situation, the Re-entry Visa section at Suvarnabhumi Airport is open 24/7 (incl. Saturdays and Sundays). It's on the far right-hand side of the Immigration queues when you go down the escalator to the Immigration area after Security. It takes 5-10 minutes only.

Edited by renaissanc

One of the happiest days in my time living here in Northern Thailand was when they opened a full service Immigration Office 30 km from my home in Lamphun and I no longer have to deal with CM Immigration.  Last 90 day report?  In and out in less than 5 minutes.  Hallelujah!!!  :smile:

19 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

In case you don't know and it's relevant to your situation, the Re-entry Visa section at Suvarnabhumi Airport is open 24/7 (incl. Saturdays and Sundays). It's on the far right-hand side of the Immigration queues when you go down the escalator to the Immigration area after Security. It takes 5-10 minutes only.

Except when it's closed early in the morning...

1 hour ago, anto said:

>>Did the Officer ask for a bribe or any personal favor?<<

Unbelievable ? but then i read you must hand this note in before getting your visa/documentation lol 

If you tick no then the officer involved is reprimanded and given training in how to identify 'opportunities' ;)

When i did mine a couple of moths ago at 1 PM

The lady Officer made a mistake

I was waiting at Immigration with a friend to have their paperwork done with a different area

I had a phone call to say to come to Immigration

i advised i was already their

It seems the office put the Wrong date on My Multi Re Entry Permit

So everyone should check all dates to make sure it is 100% Correct

Other than that mistake i was happy with the Service

40 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

It seems the office put the Wrong date on My Multi Re Entry Permit

So everyone should check all dates to make sure it is 100% Correct

Other than that mistake i was happy with the Service

The Officer was very careful to point out the date to us, to make sure we were given the correct one.  Valid until our latest extensions runs out.

My last two 90 day reports at Promanada I was in and out in fifteen minutes.  And the agents were all very friendly and polite.

I'm about to do an annual visa run for my one year O-A and I'm thinking I should have just re-applied for a extension rather than braving the airport immigration lines!

13 hours ago, casper54 said:

Yes, indeed.  Let someone else deal with the nonsense over at Immigration.  Life is too short.

What nonsense is that?

Seems to be working well nowadays with "retirement" extensions being completed quickly and efficiently and with mail and online  options for 90 days it is becoming only necessary to visit immigration for an hour or two a year, hardly a problem?

On 9/14/2017 at 8:39 AM, Thailand said:

What nonsense is that?

Seems to be working well nowadays with "retirement" extensions being completed quickly and efficiently and with mail and online  options for 90 days it is becoming only necessary to visit immigration for an hour or two a year, hardly a problem?

Go during high season and get back to us.

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

yes very good point,   they seem  to think it works all year long.  (LOL ),  and the  90 DAY report ,  mailing in system,   is Bullett Proof, (LOL) with the online system as well(LOL)

Poor  Bloody Souls

Maybe for an extra 500 baht your agent will join you in a moment of silence for my Poor Bloody Soul.

For I have been using the mail in or online system for years. 

15 hours ago, casper54 said:

Go during high season and get back to us.

And what is your experience going to immigration in the "high season" whenever that may be?

How does it affect 90 day mail in? How does it affect 90 online reporting?(When it is working)