Has everybody who quit in the last year still off them??

ThaiPauly

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started smoking at the age of 12, 40 years later and smoking 30 a day and then one day I just stopped. 

Was at the airport, smoked 4 in a row and then thought enough is enough. Haven't smoked since, don't miss it and can't understand what was the attraction for four decades

There is no one 'cure all' and different things work for different people. Many, here, have stated the 'wake up call' of a heart attack, or the money side or another health issue. The most important thing is this... the outputs must be more than the inputs. If you have no health issues, money is good and no one is worried you smell like an ashtray then motivation is low. Anyone can stop smoking, that's a FACT but it's the motivation to do so and THAT is what trained clinical hypnotherapists enhance.

In the early stages you will chat to yourself about how it relaxes you, about you could stop later after a crisis has past or wait for a special 'date' or birthday. When I stopped I just did it. No special 'date' or reason it just doesn't make any sense to smoke. Once that is clear it's easy and hypnotherapy can help reinforce that. If you feel rough do what NLP teaches you : "fake it until you make it"  tell yourself you're fine, be positive and you WILL BE. We are what we think. Good luck to all although, actually, luck plays no part.

I had my last smoke in the pack and then went to my credit union and asked for my fortnightly smoking money be put in a Christmas club. That was in February. In January the next year went to Singapore, Borneo and Thailand for 4 weeks and paid for all rooms, meals, drinks, flights and fun. Never bothered smoking since.

Used Champex. Medication inhibits brain receptors that crave the nicotine. google it as can have drastic side effects. After 9 days will power.

Yes. My GP prescribed a course of champex for me[emoji30]
Made me have VERY crazy dreams. Not pleasant or sexual. Kind of disturbed and psychotic!!

Never helped me to stop smoking but I never completed the course. Too scary!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Op I can't recommend this book enough even if it didn't work for me. Unfortunately at the time I used to smoke something else as well. So That was why it didn't work for me. I found that really hard to stop because it basically ment I would have to stop seeing all my friends. But now I have stopped both. I know about 5 people who have read this book and have all stopped. Just look at the reviews of it. If is one of the highest rated books on Amazon.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Revised Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1405923318/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_UKfUzb3VYFPPE

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Op I can't recommend this book enough even if it didn't work for me. Unfortunately at the time I used to smoke something else as well. So That was why it didn't work for me. I found that really hard to stop because it basically ment I would have to stop seeing all my friends. But now I have stopped both. I know about 5 people who have read this book and have all stopped. Just look at the reviews of it. If is one of the highest books on Amazon.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Revised Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1405923318/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_UKfUzb3VYFPPE

Edit after reading the rest of this Thread I see many other people are recommending it. And there a free ebook version. Trust me you could quit in the time it takes to read the book. If you don't have a ebook reader download load a free app. It's a good read anyway. And you will probably be free of nicotine and for free. Don't waste money on being hypnotised.

hi guys i stopped smoking decades ago and good luck to all of you. i found the first few days were the hardest the more days that past that i did not smoke the more proud of myself i was and did not want to let myself down after about a month i knew id won and never smoked again. one of the best things that ive done in my life. 

11 hours ago, Binden said:

I'm on month 4 now and feel great.Hit the gym 3 or 4 times a week and it totally puts me off smoking.When i smell them now,or see someone  smoking ,it just looks so stupid and stinky.Keep up the good work???

well done   non purer than the purified eh ?

Yes. My GP prescribed a course of champex for me[emoji30]

Made me have VERY crazy dreams. Not pleasant or sexual. Kind of disturbed and psychotic!!

Never helped me to stop smoking but I never completed the course. Too scary!!

Yeah people have been known to commit murder or even suicide while using it. So important for people to watch your behaviour closely. But this affects a very tiny percentage of the population. The FDA in the US have " black boxed it" meaning it is under scrutiny. It hower helped in the first week for me after 35 years smoking.

Good luck to everyone trying to give up hang in there it is worth it however old you are[emoji5]

If you are really committed to quitting smoking, just do the following...... It is harsh and tough, but it works. Check into a cheap hotel where they don't mind if you smoke. Bring a couple of hundred ciggies with you. Start smoking the first one, then light up the next one from the stub of that one.....continue on like this without stopping until you are vomiting in the toilet. Then check out of the hotel. You won't smoke again unless you have a serious mental condition. Why won't you smoke again? Have you ever got food poisoning from a specific food and ended up vomiting? You never want to eat that food again....same with the ciggies. I said it was harsh and tough, but you will stop smoking......and that is better than slowly killing yourself over the years. 

A smoking friend met some people once on vacation. They became good friends. When it was time to return to America my friend said to them, "Let's do this again next year." The people said, "We don't make long term plans with smokers!" 

almost six years now.

i was smoking, drinking tea, coffee and red wine.

i went to my lovelly dentist for the first time for a scrub up

and she said my teeth were like the road and gave me a pleasant ticking off.

i was using an electric tooth brush as well.

i stopped then, i was to embarressed to go back with dirty teeth.

i did have a relapse for a couple of days a few months later, but that passed.

i had an opened pack of ciggys in my house for months before i threw them out.

i do crave one every once in while, especially if i am out having a couple of beers

and  listening to some old blues band ripping it up!

hang on in there pauly, you can do it.

!

16 years ago I quite, after my 20 year old daughter, who was 3 at the time, slide the balcony door open where I would smoke, and said to me, bubba, if you don't stop smoking you will die and I won't have a bubba, I looked at her sad look on her face and flicked the smoke off the balcony, and said to her, who told you that sweetie and she replied, the preschool teacher tells us everyday that we have to stop mummy and daddy smoking if they smoke, because its really bad for them and they could die and you won't have a mummy or daddy if they keep smoking.

Grateful to the preschool teacher for her teaching this to my daughter, who then passed it onto me, I stopped there and then, never had a craving since, I later found when I didn't see the usual preschool teacher around for a while, that she had passed due to having lung cancer, I hope I wasn't the only one she touched, suffice to say my heart attack followed some 7 years later with the Cardiologist saying that if I was still a smoker, I would more than likely be dead, but as I was fit due to going to the gym and exercising, is what probably kept me alive to live and tell my tale. 

As much as everyone who smokes thinks they are enjoying it, that is one of the 4,000 chemicals in the tobacco that changes your brain to think you are enjoying it, suffice to say, its a dirty habit and the smoke reeks, and I cannot go within Cooee of a smoker.

Stay off the fags is the only advise I can offer you, as you will feel better and see life a whole lot differently, each to their own.

Edit after reading the rest of this Thread I see many other people are recommending it. And there a free ebook version. Trust me you could quit in the time it takes to read the book. If you don't have a ebook reader download load a free app. It's a good read anyway. And you will probably be free of nicotine and for free. Don't waste money on being hypnotised.

Horses for courses id say!!
Never felt that hypnotism was a waste of money for me!! Did the job[emoji848]

On 9/12/2017 at 3:44 PM, LannaGuy said:

Good luck I quit years ago and it ain't easy but think of the waste of effort if you crack now... just keep going.

I stopped over 10 years ago. the easiest thing i have ever done, to stop drinking is not so easy. is all mind over matter, i got sick of sore throat & coughing, when you want to stop you will

Smoked for years in the military never thought I could stop ....... one day my son me asked me to quit smoking so I would live longer & I promised him I would. Afterwards I gave it some serious thought, because I know he would be asking me often if I was keeping my promise. I just made up my mind there & then to quit. Never smoked since ............ the smell or smoke never effects me in bars, but always notice the odour on my clothing the following day. I really had an important reason to stop & it was easy ....... The promise I made to my son.

Horses for courses id say!!
Never felt that hypnotism was a waste of money for me!! Did the job[emoji848]

If it did the job that's great. I just mean better to read the book first because that is also proven to work it sort of un brainwashes you. And perflety explains that smoking Trap. Then if that don't work go for the hypnosis.

20 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

As a non smoker i can spot the real winners.They say nothing ,just quietly move if down wind of smoke.As for the rest, your anti bleatin only confirms you aint won yet.Plus you drink more.!.?emoji481.png

What bleating? You make it sound like this thread is a meeting of the Misanthrope Society. Most of the comments are fairly well balanced as best I can see. 

But just so no one is disappointed: I'M AN EX-SMOKER, and I bloody hate you queers who puff on smokes and make my clothes smell. Stinky bloody people. I quit. So should you. I demand it. :stoner:(I'm running for US president next.)

13 hours ago, catman20 said:

sounds like diabetes  will get you next :sorry:

Sorry but you're wrong. I check regularly and no sign, not even close, to becoming diabetic. Perhaps I should explain that while my weight increased 25 kgs I'm only 3 kgs above my ideal. Prior to the weight gain I was incredibly skinny.

4 hours ago, Keesters said:

Sorry but you're wrong. I check regularly and no sign, not even close, to becoming diabetic. Perhaps I should explain that while my weight increased 25 kgs I'm only 3 kgs above my ideal. Prior to the weight gain I was incredibly skinny.

ok great im happy for you.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:14 PM, waza46 said:

Read Alan Carrs book it is great. Been 4 years now, read the book threw the cigs in the bin and never looked back.

It never worked for me no matter how many times I read it. What DID work was after having Bronchitis my doctor said she wanted to check my lungs for signs of emphosmia.......I never smoked another after those words left her lips

Archived