Al Qaeda warns Myanmar of 'punishment' over Rohingya

snoop1130

Al Qaeda warns Myanmar of 'punishment' over Rohingya

2017-09-13T090019Z_2_LYNXNPED8C0IX_RTROPTP_4_MYANMAR-ROHINGYA-BANGLADESH.JPG

Rohingya refugees go about their day inside their temporary shelter near Balukhali in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, September 13, 2017. REUTERS/Danish Siddiqui

YANGON (Reuters) - Al Qaeda militants have called for support for Myanmar's Rohingya Muslims, who are facing a security crackdown that has sent about 400,000 of them fleeing to Bangladesh, warning that Myanmar would face "punishment" for its "crimes".

The exodus of Muslim refugees from Buddhist-majority Myanmar was sparked by a fierce security force response to a series of Rohingya militant attacks on police and army posts in the country's west on Aug. 25.

The Islamist group behind the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the Untied States issued a statement urging Muslims around the world to support their fellow Muslims in Myanmar with aid, weapons and "military support".

"The savage treatment meted out to our Muslim brothers ... shall not pass without punishment," al Qaeda said in a statement, according to the SITE monitoring group.

"The government of Myanmar shall be made to taste what our Muslim brothers have tasted."

Myanmar says its security forces are engaged in a legitimate campaign against "terrorists", whom it blames for attacks on the police and army, and on civilians.

The government has warned of bomb attacks in cities, and al Qaeda's call to arms is likely to compound those concerns.

"We call upon all mujahid brothers in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and the Philippines to set out for Burma to help their Muslim brothers, and to make the necessary preparations — training and the like - to resist this oppression," the group said.

(Writing by Robert Birsel; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-9-13

With respect, I think you might be missing the point, or at least the likely reality tryasimight.  The people who will suffer from this 'jihad' will be as innocent as the vast majority of the muslims suffering from the Buddhist extremists recently.

26 minutes ago, Slip said:

With respect, I think you might be missing the point, or at least the likely reality tryasimight.  The people who will suffer from this 'jihad' will be as innocent as the vast majority of the muslims suffering from the Buddhist extremists recently.

Errr....the Buddhists 'extremism' is a direct response to the muslim attacks.

I live and work with Myanmar people, and they are not happy with the recent, and not so recent, actions by the muslims.

13 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I live and work with Myanmar people, and they are not happy with the recent, and not so recent, actions by the muslims.

Is that really true?  Reports of buddhist extremism track back several years. Anyhow that was not my point.  My point was that those who will suffer from a backlash caused from this will be innocents.

19 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

tYes, you are right. Nasty Muslims. So are you ok with the nice Buddhists killing children, raping women, ethnic cleansing which seems to be what's going on. 

I would not be OK with anyone doing that... but you seem to be OK with the Muslims doing it and think they should be allowed to do it as they are poor misunderstood muslims doing it form other people oppressing them?

These people are not native to that country... they are in fact ILLEGAL IMMAGRANTS.. who have stayed there.. despite many attempts to get them to leave.. and they UNDERSTOOD they would not be allowed to stay when they first went there... but typical to Muslims, once in they think they are there for good.. as their god will take over that country for Islam.. and none belivers will be punished by death and torture.   

In this situation they have kept having children during their stay.. and now claim they have a right to stay there and are being persecuted.  

You try to come to Thailand illegally or any other country with your family  and then demand to stay there... the least you can expect in imprisonment if you don't leave.  But then if you had a muslim family your family would start bombing stuff, raping and beheading people in revenge for your imprisonment...  and the West would report on the news how YOU and your family were victims or persecution.  

These people are illegal immigrants, not welcome, they hate the religion of that country and the people and culture there... so its time they got out.

I suggest you do some research how and when these muslims came to Burma in the first place before you start defending them.  

Edited by jak2002003

20 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Yes, you are right. Nasty Muslims. So are you ok with the nice Buddhists killing children, raping women, ethnic cleansing which seems to be what's going on. 

The threat from all quaeda sounds quite nasty, so yes it is a nasty ideology.

I am OK with nice Buddhists protecting their own, and sometimes that entails violence, these Muslims should go to a Muslim country I.e bangladesh

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

You can't kill and rape innocent poor people unless you convince the country's population that the killing and raping is justified or the victims are salvages. What is happening in Burma is criminal and intentional. Just like the Americans slaughtering the Indians.  

10 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

You can't kill and rape innocent poor people unless you convince the country's population that the killing and raping is justified or the victims are salvages. What is happening in Burma is criminal and intentional. Just like the Americans slaughtering the Indians.  

Tell that to the Rohingas mate.

If only it was as simple as "Nasty Muslims" or "Nasty Buddhists" in this case, it would be much easier for us all, it is not. The history of Bengali immigration into Myanmar is a long and complicated one, and it appears that the largest movement came when the British Empire used them to help control the indigenous Burmese whist they removed the teak etc - no surprise there then.  The British armed the Rohinga muslims in WW2 to help them fight the Japanese. The Rohingas used the arms to destroy Burmese Buddhist villages (Sound familiar) look up the "Arakan massacres".  Even despite the recent Jihadi attacks on the police stations, the Myanmar army response has been, by all appearances in the western media, which one cannot trust in their totality,  unspeakably harsh. However resentment on both sides has been brewing for centuries, there are no good guys.

8 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

tYes, you are right. Nasty Muslims. So are you ok with the nice Buddhists killing children, raping women, ethnic cleansing which seems to be what's going on. 

I would not be OK with anyone doing that... but you seem to be OK with the Muslims doing it

Where do I say  this? Where do I say I'm ok with Muslims killing children, raping women etc. If you're not ok with what is happening "I would not be OK with anyone doing that" then why is it you seem to be justifying it?

how many countries in the world are muslims unable to either live with each other or live with people from other religious denominations.................how (deleted) many

isn't there a message in this

Yes it's tragic and all that but don't they share some of the blame  ? don't they bring it upon themselves 

If these Muslim that are getting sent out of Burtma were attacking the legal military then I have no sympathy in them getting driven from that country.  Time Burma sends them all away and burns the villages so they have nothing to return to. If there are no other Muslim that will take them and give them somewhere to live, that is what is disgusting with the Muslim countries in the world. Not about Burtma driving out a group of people who were not trying to live peacefully there.

Geezer

Al Qaeda's worldwide jihad continues.

How many muslims from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Philippines believe in their version of Islam? 

Probably enough to instigate terrorist atrocities against innocent buddhists. 

Their call for aid is for violence, not help.

Isn't it amazing how Islamists have made intimidation and threatened violence the "new normal"?  And whenever anyone calls them on it, the PC brigade is immediately on the scene reminding us we must all be more "tolerant" and that's the real reason for the violence. 

On 9/13/2017 at 1:32 PM, tryasimight said:

Tell that to the Rohingas mate.

That is what the Burma government  is telling its chosen people through propaganda to give the army an excuse to kill the Rohingas. This is a crime and terrible human behavior against Rohingas. I was responding to the expat that lives in Burma and has the propaganda view. Peace 

Edited by Wake Up

On 9/14/2017 at 3:00 AM, Kevbo said:

Have you seen factual evidence of these women being raped ?

What ?????

Yes see the interviews on TV of adults weeping. See the people fleeing their homes. 

Have you seen evidence of the Nazi death camps or twin towers burning down?? 

On 9/14/2017 at 1:57 AM, hawker9000 said:

Isn't it amazing how Islamists have made intimidation and threatened violence the "new normal"?  And whenever anyone calls them on it, the PC brigade is immediately on the scene reminding us we must all be more "tolerant" and that's the real reason for the violence. 

All Islamist are not the same just like all Jews and Christians and atheists are not the same. Rape and murder is wrong regardless of the religious beliefs of the victims. Peace 

On 9/13/2017 at 8:55 PM, smedly said:

how many countries in the world are muslims unable to either live with each other or live with people from other religious denominations.................how (deleted) many

isn't there a message in this

Yes it's tragic and all that but don't they share some of the blame  ? don't they bring it upon themselves 

Hate makes smart men stupid. If I can get you to hate I can control you.

Read some history please. 

Religion is evil

offer me one example of were it is not and I will give you thousands of examples were it is completely and utterly "evil"

if there was ever something that needed cleaned and completely disinfected and eradicated from this planet ....religion is it

oh but wait ...........................................................seriously

the most evil, nothing compares

4 hours ago, smedly said:

Religion is evil

offer me one example of were it is not and I will give you thousands of examples were it is completely and utterly "evil"

if there was ever something that needed cleaned and completely disinfected and eradicated from this planet ....religion is it

oh but wait ...........................................................seriously

the most evil, nothing compares

Unfortunately though without it , evil still thrives; broadly speaking 'tis part of the human condition; there'll always be something to fight for, something one person or a group of people will manipulate others to fight for; religion or no.

Interesting post under Buddhism I noticed this morning.