Cookie Dough?

Does anyone know where cookie dough can be bought? Or will I have to hand make it on my own? I would like to make some chocolate chip, oatmeal, macadamian nut, etc. cookies. Like Mom used to make! :o

I know Tesco has cake mix but not sure about the dough? I'm not sure what ingredients go into cookie dough but whatever they are are they available on Samui?

Does anyone know where cookie dough can be bought? Or will I have to hand make it on my own? I would like to make some chocolate chip, oatmeal, macadamian nut, etc. cookies. Like Mom used to make! :o

I know Tesco has cake mix but not sure about the dough? I'm not sure what ingredients go into cookie dough but whatever they are are they available on Samui?

I never understood why people buy premade cookie dough. Most cookies are fairly simple. For indtance, chocolate chip cookies: butter, sugar, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt. Tip: you can use M&Ms instead of chocolate chips. 5 minute prep time and about 10minutes in the oven.

You can find all the recipes you want with google.

Does anyone know where cookie dough can be bought? Or will I have to hand make it on my own? I would like to make some chocolate chip, oatmeal, macadamian nut, etc. cookies. Like Mom used to make! :D

I never understood why people buy premade cookie dough. Most cookies are fairly simple. For indtance, chocolate chip cookies: butter, sugar, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt. Tip: you can use M&Ms instead of chocolate chips. 5 minute prep time and about 10minutes in the oven.

You can find all the recipes you want with google.

Because I would have to buy: butter, sugar, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt. It seems like a lot to buy to just to make one or two batches of cookies and then the rest would go to waste because I don't do much cooking otherwise. Plus I'm sure all those ingredients combined cost more than a package of premade dough.

I like you idea of M&M's though. :o

I don't have an oven, just a little toaster oven so I guess i could only do about 5 cookies at a time!

> Because I would have to buy: butter, sugar, eggs, brown sugar,

> vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt.etc....

Talk to a nearby bakers, agree a time when they have finish their main baking for the day, then turn up with your cookie dough mixed up - add the M&Ms - spoon onto a tray and wait the 10-15 minutes before 'your' moms original cookies are born anew.

If they are really good maybe you will exchange the secret for a future supply?

A place near me was open to the idea of a small change in a type of biscuit they were already making, I just wanted them a bit bigger and shaped to fit a mug of tea/coffee :o .

Because I would have to buy: butter, sugar, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt. It seems like a lot to buy to just to make one or two batches of cookies and then the rest would go to waste because I don't do much cooking otherwise. Plus I'm sure all those ingredients combined cost more than a package of premade dough.

Most everything you need will last for a year or more. I would also wager that if you can find premade dough it will be more expensive than these ingredients in a Thai market.

I like you idea of M&M's though. :o
Necessity is the mother of invention. Chocolate chips can be hard to come by or if you can find then the price can be very high. There is a cheao M&M knock-off that will work fine also. The major difference seems to be the candy coating is not as durable.
I don't have an oven, just a little toaster oven so I guess i could only do about 5 cookies at a time!

That is a major problem and one which I share with you.

Hi, Mogoso. Make up a big batch of dough and divvy up into five-cookie packages and freeze. Then you can make fresh cookies whenever you need to binge.

You can also hack up a chocolate bar for chocky chips. Good to put the mixing bowl in the freezer first before you mix it all up, too.

Definitely google for recipes.

If you make peanut butter cookies, will you give me one?

Seems I've opened the floodgates of some experienced cookie makers out there!

Maybe we should have a Thai Visa Koh Samui & Koh Phangan Forum Cookie Cook Off. It will have to a costume party so that nobody knows who the other people are.

Thanks for all the excellent advice. Just what this forum is good for!