Beer garden soi 7

Blue bruce

Commenting on a thread from last week concerning bulldozing the beer garden soi 7 .

Well good news as I was there last nite and the beer garden  was open and is the same great place to hang out as always. 

I asked a few of the patrons if they heard anything about the beer garden  closing and being torn.  Nobody heard a word which is good news. I always felt comfortable at the old beer garden. 

Cheap beer, not expensive ladies and good farang conversation 

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

It's a  dump and full of slappers who just want to rip you off. Avoid it is my advise. Not a nice place.

You have a better place to go to in the area at Lunchtime and afternoon? :wink:

With easy meeting Falangs and Expats, willing ladies, fun music - oldies, decent food and ice cold beer?

Always something to see and look at - as time goes by - easy going place. :smile:

2 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

The bar on soi 7.1 was named Bangkok Beat a little more upper class than soi 7 beer garden but has closed and converted into a restaurant with pool tables..

Soi 7 beer garden is still alive and kicking. Great old bar.

OH that was a nice place-Disco with 2 Bands live music nearly every evening, that is sorry. :sad:

Sorry that -  as only   -LIVE IS LIFE-   :stoner:

5 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

I asked a few of the patrons if they heard anything about the beer garden  closing and being torn.  Nobody heard a word which is good news.

Might have been better to ask the staff rather than rely on barstool gossip. Not that you could expect a truthful answer from a Thai. Their attitude is to give you an answer that would make you feel good, so they'd tell you it wasn't closing even if the demolition lorries were waiting outside :smile:

The Biergarden is definitely still going. At any given day/evening, you could have a great time. I sure have. I have heard that it is not if but when it closes. the entire area is being developed for condos/office buildings. Most of the soi has already moved out. The only thing I don't like about the place are those awful fans blowing on you. Drives me crazy. 

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Might have better to ask the staff rather than rely on barstool gossip. Not that you could expect a truthful answer from a Thai. Their attitude is to give you an answer that would make you feel good, so they'd tell you it wasn't closing even if the demolition lorries were waiting outside :smile:

They only lie to the smelly guys who don't brush their teeth and wear singlets, dirty shorts and flip flops the rest of us are used to getting the truth from Thai people all the time. 

1 hour ago, khunano said:

Was there Tuesday night, not busy at all, few punters, plenty of hookers though....

Went in there a few days ago.  Looked like the geriatric bus had stopped by and dropped off it's cargo.

A larger than usual number of 'girls' in their 40's and a well-represented number of ladyboys.

Better if I had come close to the end of the month when the place is full of chamber maids and office working girls needing to supplement their rent.

4 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

It's a  dump and full of slappers who just want to rip you off. Avoid it is my advise. Not a nice place.

In all my time in LOS the best girl I ever met was an FL in the Beergarden . I stayed with her for 3 happy years , she ran a hair salon all day and was in Soi 7 every possible night paying for a good education for her daughter and of course sending money north to a do little family. It’s sad to hear you say that. Now the kip up the road Themae, with it’s japanese clientele, is another story . So many happy memories of the Beergarden.  

Beer Garden, spent many a night there, went last month on my way in from a trip outside country, some of the same women that were there 10 years ago and still there  -  Thermae, might as well be Little Tokyo or Little Seoul, used to be a place to meet freelancers that weren't necessarily in the trade but needed to supplement their income.  You were just as apt to meet them working in Boots or Robinson's the next day.

2 hours ago, amvet said:

They only lie to the smelly guys who don't brush their teeth and wear singlets, dirty shorts and flip flops the rest of us are used to getting the truth from Thai people all the time. 

It is well documented that many Thai people tell people what they want to hear rather than offer bad news. Quite nice of them, even though it doesn't actually help you much if what they tell you is later found not to be true.

So your insulting comments are out of place. Hopefully though it was said in jest.

2 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

You have a better place to go to in the area at Lunchtime and afternoon? :wink:

With easy meeting Falangs and Expats, willing ladies, fun music - oldies, decent food and ice cold beer?

Always something to see and look at - as time goes by - easy going place. :smile:

good god, i can think of many better places to go at any time.

the place fair reeks of failure, desperation and the blinding gaze of aging hookers.

and that was 10 years ago.

22 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Beer Garden, spent many a night there, went last month on my way in from a trip outside country, some of the same women that were there 10 years ago and still there  -  Thermae, might as well be Little Tokyo or Little Seoul, used to be a place to meet freelancers that weren't necessarily in the trade but needed to supplement their income.  You were just as apt to meet them working in Boots or Robinson's the next day.

thermae was starwars bar, didnt fill up until nana closed.

it was a cool bar in the day but never looks inviting these days. Another bar called Garden Bar on Soi 1 I think it is but another sleazy hole. Country Road at the end of Soi Cowboy is great bar with happy hour all day until 9pm. After 9 creep around the corner to a bar same place opens on the street. What out for the hottie that works there, she is as crazy as they come,

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

the place fair reeks of failure, desperation and the blinding gaze of aging hookers.

You should go back.  The place is the same but you are older - you might enjoy it now.  

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Please show us where I say that I don't like the place. I do, actually, up to a point.

What's not to like about the place?  The beer is reasonably priced, the food is fair "farang-Thai", the girls have better things to do than hassle time-wasters, and given the company around you, you might really be a 'Hamsun man'!

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Still wait for your really alternatives -

I want - the same or better then in the Beer Garden -

"Place to go to in the area in daytime at Lunch and afternoon,

with always, some Falangs and Expats, willing ladies, fun music - oldies from 30+ years ago, decent food

and ice cold beer?

Always something to see and look at - as time goes by - easy going place." :smile:

2 hours ago, retoohs said:

Another bar called Garden Bar on Soi 1 I think it is but another sleazy hole.

Country Road at the end of Soi Cowboy is great bar with happy hour all day until 9pm. 

That are real alternatives to the Beer Garden in day and lunch and afternoon time?

With always, some Falangs and Expats, willing ladies, fun music - oldies from 30+ years ago,

decent food and ice cold beer?

Always something to see and look at - as time goes by ? In Daytime!?

This is wonderful news.

Every comment about it, in the first of the two recent threads discussing it, increased my disappointment that I had not experienced it and possibly would not be able to.

Any recommendations for moderate price hotel nearby?

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

This is wonderful news.

Every comment about it, in the first of the two recent threads discussing it, increased my disappointment that I had not experienced it and possibly would not be able to.

Any recommendations for moderate price hotel nearby?

Atlas hotel soi 7/1

Beergarden is ok during the day/afternoon/early evening. After 9pm be prepared with garlic and crucifix - silver bullets optional. There are some real horrors left after the other girls go to Thermae.

I mistakenly wandered in there at 11pm recently....I still wake up with cold sweats and shaking...after what I witnessed. No man should knowingly expose himself to this.

Archived