UK and Thailand to hold Joint Military Exercise

webfact

21 hours ago, Heinrich80 said:

Like little cocky children, playing Wargames

Waste taxmoney for nothing

Ah i hate politicians and Military Idiots.

Let them burn in Hell, troubkemakers

To all People out there stand up and fight for your Right.no more Wars

Peace and Love and Happyend

"'To all People out there stand up and fight for your Right.                     no more Wars"'

Now there's a profound and well thought out utterance.

I believe the British and their allies stood up and fought Hitler's Nazis for that very reason.

It is usually the politicians that create the mess we know as wars and they leave the military to clean up the mucking fess.

Edited by ratcatcher

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, mark131v said:

Genuinely interested to see where that information comes from.....

Here you are.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/study-finds-uk-is-second-most-powerful-country-in-the-world/

Researchers at European Geostrategy broke global powers down into four categories: Super Power, Global Power, Regional Power and Local Power.

The United States took the top slot as the world’s super power, while Britain took the only Global Power slot, bringing her in second behind America.

ukgp-640x835.jpg

10 hours ago, Aj Mick said:

Can't see why the UK wants to get involved, given that the Thai military sees more action to defend itself within Thailand, than to any threat beyond the borders……. What benefit to the UK other than getting on the radar for potential arms sales?

That"s all it was ARMS SALES, take a look at the photo except for 2 no farangs there and certainly no Fallon (UK Defense Minster), just another load of BullS>>> photo shoot using the British logo to send a message, for god sake wake up and let your eyes see what others see.

Its a jolly at Taxpayers expense, no orders for arms as yet.

27 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

The United States took the top slot as the world’s super power, while Britain took the only Global Power slot, bringing her in second behind America.

Global Power, eh? . . . I'm feeling that proud, it's bringin' a lump tu mi thruat . . . eh, luv . . . pass us t' Kleenex, will ya?

On 9/15/2017 at 7:09 PM, JAG said:

Tropical climate, good R&R locations, it will be the RAF.

2 fast jets, half a dozen transport aircraft, and a few thousand support staff to keep them in the air. Probably a Squadron of RAF Regiment (aka the Short Range Desert Group) to patrol the NAAFI car park...

Cynical, moi?

Now now. No need to be jealous!

More likely to be the Sea Cadets to teach them submarine skills!

1 hour ago, Ossy said:

Global Power, eh? . . . I'm feeling that proud, it's bringin' a lump tu mi thruat . . . eh, luv . . . pass us t' Kleenex, will ya?

Interesting that Russia, despite Putin's machinations can't get back up there.

Edited by Baerboxer

16 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Just hope your big country never upsets my small one militarily 

Unless you have been living under a rock you will find there have plenty of upsets recently. Latest upset as recent as yesterday on the London underground. If I were you I would catch a wake up. Empire "was".

Just now, Machiavelli said:

Unless you have been living under a rock you will find there have plenty of upsets recently. Latest upset as recent as yesterday on the London underground. If I were you I would catch a wake up. Empire "was".

UK, USA, China, Russia, Australia, Germany, Spain etc etc - all suffered terrorist attacks.

Notoriously hard to defend against, especially the lone wolf and small cell attacks.

So clever clogs, which countries do you think are immune?

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

That NAAFI meaning has been around since Pontius was a trainee pilot.

I used to work behind the bar in the NAAFI at RAF Wildenrath, Germany in the early 1970s. Duty free beer, spirits were only sold as a double as they were duty free too, duty free fags though I had given up smoking in 1970 for the 5th and final time. Duty free petrol coupons that could be used at any BP gas station in Germany. Duty free vodka in the screenwash of the car as it never froze in winter.

:smile: Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we invented the meaning for NAAFI, of course we didn't! But we were the only ones to my knowledge to have painted framed and varnished a sign with the meaning on it and mounted it on a NAAFI in an MOD establishment.

In the early 70's, actually mid 70's, when I joined my first ship, we had NAAFIs on all the larger warships so it was with us all the time. It was a phrase that I knew from training before I ever set foot on a ship. 

Good old days though......................:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

UK, USA, China, Russia, Australia, Germany, Spain etc etc - all suffered terrorist attacks.

Notoriously hard to defend against, especially the lone wolf and small cell attacks.

So clever clogs, which countries do you think are immune?

Glad you are getting the picture. Over 95% of the countries in the world don't experience terror attacks!  You want to know why?  They don't go poking their noses into other people's countries. People are TOUCHY about stuff like that!

:smile: Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we invented the meaning for NAAFI, of course we didn't! But we were the only ones to my knowledge to have painted framed and varnished a sign with the meaning on it and mounted it on a NAAFI in an MOD establishment.

In the early 70's, actually mid 70's, when I joined my first ship, we had NAAFIs on all the larger warships so it was with us all the time. It was a phrase that I knew from training before I ever set foot on a ship. 

Didn't the NAAFI manager on an HMS win a medal down in the South Atlantic - manning a machine gun in the close in air defence roll. I seem to recall that he was an ex soldier - so knew the ins and outs of a GPMG - and took umbrage at being bombed by the Argentine Air Force!

Glad you are getting the picture. Over 95% of the countries in the world don't experience terror attacks!  You want to know why?  They don't go poking their noses into other people's countries. People are TOUCHY about stuff like that!

So you're in favor of isolationism? 

Or do you think it's ago for perverted religious fanatics or someone trying to restore old historical borders to murder other humans as they want?

Perhaps the Allies shouldn't have poked their noses into Nazi Germany's business? 

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

So you're in favor of isolationism? 

Or do you think it's ago for perverted religious fanatics or someone trying to restore old historical borders to murder other humans as they want?

Perhaps the Allies shouldn't have poked their noses into Nazi Germany's business? 

I'm in favour of countries acting however they want and accepting the consequences resulting from such actions. If you go prancing about in other people's countries expect blowback! 

1 minute ago, Machiavelli said:

I'm in favour of countries acting however they want and accepting the consequences resulting from such actions. If you go prancing about in other people's countries expect blowback! 

Anarchism. Sure, that'll work. :wacko:

So you'd have left the Nazis alone to get on with their little ideas then.

Edited by Baerboxer

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Anarchism. Sure, that'll work. :wacko:

So you'd have left the Nazis alone to get on with their little ideas then.

I am not buying into your Nazi narrative. You seem to forget it was the Nazis who were doing the poking. They got what was coming to them. They same applies to the current international order. You go to the middle east after lying about WMDs and creating chaos, you must expect and you will get blowback. 

14 minutes ago, JAG said:

Didn't the NAAFI manager on an HMS win a medal down in the South Atlantic - manning a machine gun in the close in air defence roll. I seem to recall that he was an ex soldier - so knew the ins and outs of a GPMG - and took umbrage at being bombed by the Argentine Air Force!

I believe you're right, on one of the frigates I think.

OK, just looked it up. NAAFI canteen manager John Leake won the Distinguished Service Medal (DSM) while serving on HMS Ardent. That was one of only twelve (DSMs) issued to the British armed forces during the conflict, so he did good!

I am not buying into your Nazi narrative. You seem to forget it was the Nazis who were doing the poking. They got what was coming to them. They same applies to the current international order. You go to the middle east after lying about WMDs and creating chaos, you must expect and you will get blowback. 

Nonsense. The Iraqis, in the main, were glad to get rid of the oppressive corrupt dictator. Only he of course left a void which trying to fill was incredibly difficult due to the divisions between Shiite and Sunni Moslems.

However, the terrorist caught attacking the West are not predominantly Iraqis. Nor is their beef about the war that toppled Saddam. They are supporters of a group wishing to impost a Caliphate based on strict Sharia law on Iraq and Syria and a group wanting to further the spread their brand of Islam. 

I don't forget anything. The West largely ignore the plight of Jews in Germany, the Czechs, as they sought appeasement You can't appease fanatics. The analogy from a how to deal with perspective is similar. Annihilate.

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Nonsense. The Iraqis, in the main, were glad to get rid of the oppressive corrupt dictator. Only he of course left a void which trying to fill was incredibly difficult due to the divisions between Shiite and Sunni Moslems.

However, the terrorist caught attacking the West are not predominantly Iraqis. Nor is their beef about the war that toppled Saddam. They are supporters of a group wishing to impost a Caliphate based on strict Sharia law on Iraq and Syria and a group wanting to further the spread their brand of Islam. 

I don't forget anything. The West largely ignore the plight of Jews in Germany, the Czechs, as they sought appeasement You can't appease fanatics. The analogy from a how to deal with perspective is similar. Annihilate.

Tell that to the people who came face to face with blowback on the London underground yesterday. And these people are just getting started. Adios. 

Edited by Machiavelli

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

That NAAFI meaning has been around since Pontius was a trainee pilot.

I used to work behind the bar in the NAAFI at RAF Wildenrath, Germany in the early 1970s. Duty free beer, spirits were only sold as a double as they were duty free too, duty free fags though I had given up smoking in 1970 for the 5th and final time. Duty free petrol coupons that could be used at any BP gas station in Germany. Duty free vodka in the screenwash of the car as it never froze in winter.

Blimey! Small world.

My Dad was in the RAF, that was his posting just after I was born. I lived there from 3 months old to about 4-5 years old. Guttersloh nearby.

1 hour ago, Machiavelli said:

And look at the crap those countries like burma are today after the Brits got fed up with the lies and got out

17 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Absoloodle.

I agree with you. We probably never thought much about it in the RAF as the NAAAFI was a cheap place to drink in the UK and probably in most places. In Germany it was the cheapest place which is mostly the only thing that could be said about it.

At RAF Shawbury in 1980 I odered a beer and the two people in front of me ordered milk as they were trainees and not legally old enough to drink yet.