Police arrest man at Dover port, search house in London bomb manhunt

rooster59

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Morch said:

Not hard to find, really, if that was the point.

Without comment on the article itself - might be mentioned that the author is a rather well known Turkish journalist, and one of Erdogan's critics. Originally published here:

What’s On a Muslim Refugee’s Mind?

https://besacenter.org/perspectives-papers/muslim-migrants-motivation/

And, honestly, you should ease up on them "never" assertions.

At the start of the article the author states

The autumn of 2015 was unusual in almost every way on the north Aegean Greek island from which I am writing. There were tens of thousands of illegal migrants on the island, the native population of which was scarcely 100,000. New refugees arrived every day by the thousands.

He then quotes three. Three out of those tens of thousands!

You may consider that representative, but I don't.

But it's not 'tens of thousands, on that one island. The introduction to the article gives the truth.

[At the end of July, the number of refugees and migrants in Greece waiting to be granted asylum or deported was 62,407. The five Aegean islands (Lesvos, Chios, Samos, Kos and Leros) are home to 15,222 asylum-seekers and migrants.]

15,222 on five islands doesn't equate to 'tens of thousands' on the 'island from which I am writing!'

Deliberate exaggeration on his part, or a poor reporter who doesn't check his facts (poor editing by his publisher as well).

If you are saying that any opinion polls have asked respondents if they agree with the methods of the Charlie Hebdo murderers, or any other Islamic terrorist or known supporter of terrorism, such as the jailed Anjem Choudray, perhaps you could link to such a poll so we can all see the responses, because I can't find one.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum

On 20/09/2017 at 11:23 PM, funandsuninbangkok said:

Hum, let me guess

Buddhist?

Hindu?

Jew?

Catholic?

Zoroastrian?

Agnostic?

Quaker?

Church of England?

Holly Roller?

geez! Just can't think of any other possibility.  

Are you getting at we atheists?

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

At the start of the article the author states

He then quotes three. Three out of those tens of thousands!

You may consider that representative, but I don't.

But it's not 'tens of thousands, on that one island. The introduction to the article gives the truth.

15,222 on five islands doesn't equate to 'tens of thousands' on the 'island from which I am writing!'

Deliberate exaggeration on his part, or a poor reporter who doesn't check his facts (poor editing by his publisher as well).

If you are saying that any opinion polls have asked respondents if they agree with the methods of the Charlie Hebdo murderers, or any other Islamic terrorist or known supporter of terrorism, such as the jailed Anjem Choudray, perhaps you could link to such a poll so we can all see the responses, because I can't find one.

Another one barking up the wrong tree....

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1002592-police-arrest-man-at-dover-port-search-house-in-london-bomb-manhunt/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-12289718

You may want to pay attention before charging in, implying that I identify with the author's views or what not. As for going on about "deliberate exaggeration", or treating things as "representative", them who live in glass houses and all that.

And please, spare me your usual nonsense, and the dishonest "if you're saying" bits. I said nothing as elaborate as you imply. The one who made the strong assertion was yourself - "It is noticeable that such polls never ask that question!", with nothing much by way of supporting it. As for you can't finding one, well...considering you had trouble locating the article in question, that's not very surprising. Not for me to run all your searches and disprove all of your preposterous claims.

Exactly as I suspected, wait until the outrage has subsided then release the name. Just more special treatment for them. Incidentally, it's not a brilliant sketch but is this middle aged man in the Guardian's sketch supposed to be our 18 year old refugee?

3293.jpg

On a more depressing note, authorities are releasing the ones they arrested without charge, which is completely barmy. The cough..cough..21 year old picked up outside his fried chicken joint, the one that was repeatedly saying "I'm sorry" when arrested has been released. What was he sorry for? Overfrying the chicken? Lord, give me strength.

Edited by FreddieRoyle

23 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Exactly as I suspected, wait until the outrage has subsided then release the name. Just more special treatment for them. Incidentally, it's not a brilliant sketch but is this middle aged man in the Guardian's sketch supposed to be our 18 year old refugee?

3293.jpg

On a more depressing note, authorities are releasing the ones they arrested without charge, which is completely barmy. The cough..cough..21 year old picked up outside his fried chicken joint, the one that was repeatedly saying "I'm sorry" when arrested has been released. What was he sorry for? Overfrying the chicken? Lord, give me strength.

I reasonably sure that the investigators weren't concerned out your outrage in deciding when to charge him and release his name.