After visa run, do I need to report another "Notification form...where alien has stayed?"

I'm going on a visa run. I'll be out of the country about a day. Do I need to go back down to my local immigration office within 24 hours of return and have the "Notification form for house master, owner or possessor of residence wheee alien has stayed" form filled out and put into my passport? I have one there now from this current stay.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, soistalker said:

I am in Jomtien.

The have been reported as wanting a new report every time you enter the country. But is seems to depend upon what you have for your permit to stay. People with extension of stay were not asked for one in most cases. If entering with a visa or a visa exempt entry that want one every time.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The have been reported as wanting a new report every time you enter the country. But is seems to depend upon what you have for your permit to stay. People with extension of stay were not asked for one in most cases. If entering with a visa or a visa exempt entry that want one every time.

I am coming back into Thailand with a ED visa. Do you think  I need to report again?

I was down there the other day extending my Visa. I asked the girl who I get to do my paperwork for me and she said I will probably get fined. But I didn't, I've never done it once but I've not changed address. I have asked before on here and people told me that I probably won't. The Girl did say that someone got fined the other day.But who knows TIT.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I was down there the other day extending my Visa. I asked the girl who I get to do my paperwork for me and she said I will probably get fined. But I didn't, I've never done it once but I've not changed address. I have asked before on here and people told me that I probably won't. The Girl did say that someone got fined the other day.But who knows TIT.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
so aside from UBJ, no one really knows thai immigration

A little confused reading this. I travelled back to Australia two weeks ago. When I return in three weeks I assumed that the arrival card stating my place of residence is enough and as such no need to make a trip to my local immigration office. I know my landlord is required to go there and do that. Am I wrong ?

I have a visa based on retirement 

Edited by Ooladolla

2 hours ago, Ooladolla said:

A little confused reading this. I travelled back to Australia two weeks ago. When I return in three weeks I assumed that the arrival card stating my place of residence is enough and as such no need to make a trip to my local immigration office. I know my landlord is required to go there and do that. Am I wrong ?

The arrival card (TM-6) is not used to auto-fill reporting information for the TM-30 system.  That would be far to easy and logical.
The TM-30 policy varies by immigration office.  If your landlord has been doing this for you, that will work again.  I would ask your landlord on your return if they will be doing this.  If they do, you are set.  If not, let us know your immigration-office and someone here with experience in that office may be able to inform you of that office's particular policy.

Edited by JackThompson

14 hours ago, Ooladolla said:

If you use Jomtien best go and report yourself. Make sure you do it within 48hrs. And while you are there tell them you want to sell icecream on walking street and let us know if they say no problem. Joking. Better not say that.

Edited by stud858

• 9 months later...
On 9/19/2017 at 7:37 PM, stud858 said:

If you use Jomtien best go and report yourself. Make sure you do it within 48hrs. And while you are there tell them you want to sell icecream on walking street and let us know if they say no problem. Joking. Better not say that.

I am doing a visa run tomorrow to Cambodia, and will report my address to Jomtiem immigration the next day.

What documents will I need? Will photocopies of the lease agreement, my passport and visa pages be enough? Many thanks

On 9/19/2017 at 8:22 AM, JackThompson said:

The arrival card (TM-6) is not used to auto-fill reporting information for the TM-30 system.  That would be far to easy and logical.
The TM-30 policy varies by immigration office.  If your landlord has been doing this for you, that will work again.  I would ask your landlord on your return if they will be doing this.  If they do, you are set.  If not, let us know your immigration-office and someone here with experience in that office may be able to inform you of that office's particular policy.

The TM-6 is not used according  to the immigration  police because the info the visitor supplies is often wrong, for various reasons. Not least that Thai addresses have several ways they can be written. My bank book and my driving license both have different ways to describe the location of the house I live in.  Best leave it to a Thai. The onus seems to be on the landlord, not the visitor. 

Happy to be corrected for my own benefit. 

24 minutes ago, oldskoolbeatz said:

I am doing a visa run tomorrow to Cambodia, and will report my address to Jomtiem immigration the next day.

What documents will I need? Will photocopies of the lease agreement, my passport and visa pages be enough? Many thanks

i'm staying with a long term girlfriend who owns her own house.  In my case they want her ownership papers,  copy of her ID front and back, and up to her to complete the TM30. she does not have to appear herself,  but does so, and it seems to help somewhat. 

You should be OK with the rental agreement and a few rent receipts for good measure. Always bring along every bit of paper relating to your stay, then at least you can get a quick photocopy done, and not have to go through it all Again,  two days in a row because of one missing page. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

i'm staying with a long term girlfriend who owns her own house.  In my case they want her ownership papers,  copy of her ID front and back, and up to her to complete the TM30. she does not have to appear herself,  but does so, and it seems to help somewhat. 

You should be OK with the rental agreement and a few rent receipts for good measure. Always bring along every bit of paper relating to your stay, then at least you can get a quick photocopy done, and not have to go through it all Again,  two days in a row because of one missing page. 

Thanks for your prompt reply, so photo copies of lease agreement, owners I.D, my passport + visa pages, and receipts of rent/ bills of electricity. 

Hope it's all good! And is it really ok if i report within 48 hours ? Doesn't have to be 24 hours? Thanks so much

Just now, oldskoolbeatz said:

Thanks for your prompt reply, so photo copies of lease agreement, owners I.D, my passport + visa pages, and receipts of rent/ bills of electricity. 

Hope it's all good! And is it really ok if i report within 48 hours ? Doesn't have to be 24 hours? Thanks so much

48 hours is good,  no more.  You likely won't need the owners ID. 

They did not  ask me for this until I said I wasn't renting because  I'm shacked up with the 'landlady' so to speak. they need a way to verify there's nothing shifty in my claim. 

• Like 1

It only appears an issue if you need to go to Immigration i.e. to get a 30 day extension. If you are just leaving the country before needing to do that then it shouldn't be an issue.
Plus i would have thought they want the landlord to go there and sort it. My landlord does my TM30 online

1 hour ago, oldskoolbeatz said:

They sometimes say not needed after only a visa run because your not away 24hrs, but sometimes they will say need to because left the country.  

Besides what you say,  also copy of ID of room owner signed by owner.  Take last electric bill,  and ofcourse the two page TM30. That should do the trick. 

Smile.and offer happiness. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1