Small 4x4 SUV's pick ups in Thailand

Hello everyone, recently moved to Ratchaburi area. Initially was looking to buy a Honda Jazz for daily commute. But I have found since I need to travel on some 'dirt' road and in rainy seasons, these can be treacherous.

Could anyone suggest some good 'value' small 4x4's that are easily to be found in the re-sale market. Ideally it would have to seat 5 people. Your input is appreciated.

The Toyota Rav4 is not even sold in Thailand. The rare ones you see are grey market imports. The equivalent Honda CRV was sold domestically here though. 

If you want older vehicle options, the Suzuki Caribbean is as tough as 4x4s are/were ever made. If you want something a little more comfortable, the Vitara is also a good 4x4.

4 minutes ago, blakegeee said:

The Toyota Rav4 is not even sold in Thailand. The rare ones you see are grey market imports. The equivalent Honda CRV was sold domestically here though. 

If you want older vehicle options, the Suzuki Caribbean is as tough as 4x4s are/were ever made. If you want something a little more comfortable, the Vitara is also a good 4x4.

I don't believe the Vitara is sold here either, and I was offering a small SUV option, because the choices here are limited. The OP asked for what was available on the used market.

Edited by giddyup

7 minutes ago, blakegeee said:

I was talking about "used" also. The Vitara and Caribbean were both sold here domestically. CRV is the obvious better choice over Rav4 since it didn't have any huge import fees and they are as comparable as any 2 vehicles can be. 

Around 500,000 baht for a 2004 Rav4, you will get a couple of years newer CRV for around the same price. Only offering options here, it's not a competition.

Edited by giddyup