Chiang Mai - Transferring Visa-Non-O/Extension Into New Passport

Hello,

I have a visa Non-O which I have extended at the Immigration Office in Chiang Mai.
I will get a new passport.
I know that I will have to transfer the visa and extension (at least the extension) into the new passport at the Immigration Office.

I would like to know :
1.  if it is necessary to enter in the queue early morning for that, or can I go there at any time and get the transfer into the visa/extension shortly ?
2.  What documents, copies of documents does it needs to bring ?
3.  How much does the Immigration Office charge for transferring of visa/extension into a new passport ?

Thank you.

I just did this last week (although my deal involved transferring an annual extension and re-entry permit).....look for the other post as it answers your questions 2 and 3.  I can't seem to correctly attach the url to that other post....but it was titled "Transfer Stamps to New Passport" and posted in the Chiangmai Forum on September 11, 2017.  

For me, I went last Monday and arrived about 1:30PM and was finished about 3:15PM.  I even had time to go upstairs and update my TM30 (which took less than 10 minutes).  I know that Mondays and Fridays aren't usually the best time to go out there but it worked out for me.  Good luck.  

Edited by CMBob
  • Like 1

I assume you have an extension of stay since visas cannot be extended.

They will not transfer the visa you used to get the permit to stay you have been extending. The will do a stamp that they will enter info about the visa and your old passport.

You will need to complete this form but CM may have their own form. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

You will need a copy of the photo page of your new and old passport. Copies of every page in your old passport that has a stamp or visa or Thailand on it.

There is no fee for the transfer.

• Like 1

You're correct, Ubonjoe, CM has it's own form (I completed the one you linked but they made me fill out an almost identical one which refers to CM versus Bangkok near the top).  

Edited by CMBob

21 hours ago, CMBob said:

I just did this last week (although my deal involved transferring an annual extension and re-entry permit).....look for the other post as it answers your questions 2 and 3.  I can't seem to correctly attach the url to that other post....but it was titled "Transfer Stamps to New Passport" and posted in the Chiangmai Forum on September 11, 2017.  

For me, I went last Monday and arrived about 1:30PM and was finished about 3:15PM.  I even had time to go upstairs and update my TM30 (which took less than 10 minutes).  I know that Mondays and Fridays aren't usually the best time to go out there but it worked out for me.  Good luck.  

Thank you very much.

I could find the link :

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1001661-transfer-stamps-to-new-passport/

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you have an extension of stay since visas cannot be extended.

They will not transfer the visa you used to get the permit to stay you have been extending. The will do a stamp that they will enter info about the visa and your old passport.

You will need to complete this form but CM may have their own form. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

You will need a copy of the photo page of your new and old passport. Copies of every page in your old passport that has a stamp or visa or Thailand on it.

There is no fee for the transfer.

Thank you Ubonjoe