Mickey Mouse museum opens in Lamphun

snoop1130

Mickey Mouse museum opens in Lamphun

By Siriya Chankanta 
The Nation

c0fc067f99f3bc26e21d40dfe1fa6c1f-sld.jpeg

A 51-year-old man has opened a Mickey Mouse museum in his hometown in the northern province of Lamphun with more than 5,000 items on display.

Some of his most cherished items are photos of Their Majesties King Rama VIII and IX taking photos with the world-famous Disney character, Naren Panyapu said.

He said he has loved Mickey Mouse since he was very young. He started off with about two dolls but the number grew as friends learned about his affection for the big-eared mouse and gave him various items as gifts.

“Some in the items in the museum are rare as there are only a small number of them remaining in the world, and I got them for my collection,” he said.

As well as local people, visitors to the museum in Naren’s house come from other provinces such as Chang Rai, Lampang, Phrae, Nan and Chiang Mai. 

The museum is open from 9am to 5pm every day, and is usually crowded on weekends and holidays. It is also open for meetings of young people on Sundays, he said. Naren said he also welcomed donations.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/around_thailand/30327044

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-18

No doubt all the items are originals officially released by Walt Disney corporation, and Mr Naren was duly authorised by them to use Mickey Mouse... In the land of fake and copy, why am I not sure... And as Mr Naren in the last paragraph makes clear he intends to make/is making money with this 'museum', I wouldn't be surprised when he might become some unpleasant writing from some attorney working for WD in Thailand...

Guess Mickey Mouse would have known that, but Mr Naren didn't, or didn't care. As sad it might be for the simple minded man, US companies don't joke with that kind of stuff, and right they are IMO.

It has been open about 3 years. The coffee shop infront does well, but the "western" food (Thai style) operation failed I think. Lots of customers, my daughter enjoys it, but its in no way worthy of any national news coverage or even any marketing in the neighboring province of Chiang Mai. About 10 minutes of entertainment for a three year old. You can draw your own conclusions as to how much entertainment that is for your average Thai adult.

2 hours ago, kevvy said:

If it brings children happiness , well done..

Is that children of all ages? :cheesy:

Seriously, I just love people who have unconventional hobbies  - good luck to Naren