Video: More shocking violence as attendant spills a little gas on the tank

webfact

Video: More shocking violence as attendant spills a little gas on the tank

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- CCTV footage from a gas station in Bangkok showed a gang of seven men attack and shoot at two pump attendants.

Their "crime"?: one spilt a little gas on a motorbike tank enraging the gang.

The footage posted on Facebook by a woman called "Kwang Jittra" and widely viewed showed the two attendants being kicked in the head repeatedly.

One is only left after he is seen to be unconscious. Another is repeatedly assaulted by many of the seven men.

Two shots were fired in their direction.

The poster who is a friend of one of the victims asked people to share the story adding that the thugs "have money and the case may go cold".

They also stated that they "shot to kill". They stated that it started when one attendant spilled a little gas on the tank.

Daily News Online contacted Bang Plat police who are investigating and who confirmed they had received complaints from two friends of the victims. The incident happened on Sunday in Soi Charoen 80.

The attendants said they did not know the men and had never had a problem with anyone.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-20

One of my first motorbike trips was to Chaing Mai back in Dec 2008. After attending the "Bike Week" party there, a large group of us (foreigners and Thais) went on to Chiang Rai. We stopped for gas along that way and this idiot attendant was filling one guy's bike and for some reason pulls the nozzle out while still holding the lever down. He sprayed the bike owner directly in the face with a full blast from the hose before finally letting go of the lever.

Did we kill the attendant ? No.

Did we beat him and the other attendants up and shoot at them ? No.

Did we worry about our friend and rush to flush his eyes out with clean water and clean up the mess so there wouldn't be a fire ? Yes.

In the end the guy was OK. I think the final outcome was that he didn't end up paying for the gas. (Could you imagine ? "Here's some gas in your tank and some more in your face, that'll be 500 baht please.") 
Not sure if the attendant kept his job as we never went back that way. Probably nothing happened. At least he didn't get shot or beat up for what was (most likely) an accident.  

1 minute ago, mark01 said:

Why do they do things like this? Because they can and get away with it.

Plus they are just plain stupid.

If they get caught, there is a good chance they spend several years in jail.

When you think about it, is this worth spending so much jail-time for?

Would they walk out of jail after 5-10 years and look back and say to themselves: "well, i think it was worth it because the guy did spill gas on the bike"?

Unfortunately it all has to do with the effectiveness of the policeforce and the general level of education.

Both are seriously lacking in Thailand.

OK, behavior sucks and you just can't do it.

But... some of the gas stations' attendants really should better do another job. Seen them even being too short to see when the tank of of a big bike is full, overfilling and spilling gas on the paint, banging the nozzle against the tank or bike, etc.  All normal and mai pen rai... it's not my vehicle, is what they might think. OK, not a reason to become violent but still thing to consider.

12 minutes ago, Deli said:

But... some of the gas stations' attendants really should better do another job. Seen them even being too short to see when the tank of of a big bike is full, overfilling and spilling gas on the paint, banging the nozzle against the tank or bike, etc.  All normal and mai pen rai... it's not my vehicle, is what they might think. OK, not a reason to become violent but still thing to consider.

Because they are too short ? You need some resetting.

13 minutes ago, Deli said:

Your post sucks.

Most of these attendants are non-Thais, working for low wages, most of which they send back home.

Maybe if you were doing such a menial job, your attitude wouldn't be much better.

I always slip these poor beggars a few baht tip.

51 minutes ago, mark01 said:

Some people must be proud to be Thai.

Money or not, let's hope on this occasion these scum get what they deserve.

Why do they do things like this? Because they can and get away with it.

This has nothing to do with being "Thai".  It's just thuggish behavior that often appears when your roaming around in gangs.  It happens all over the world eg. The biker gang who beat up the bar owner in Chiangmai etc.

Thailand should have more selfservice gas stations. I don't like to go top up my tank because of these "mai pen rai " people , leaning against your car , spilling diesel on paint , ....

Gas station attendents here are people who can't even get a  "sophisticated" job working at the 7/11. Just 1 nodge above motorsai taxi's.

That said kicking & shooting them is a bit too much !

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

Plus they are just plain stupid.

When you think about it, is this worth spending so much jail-time for?

Would they walk out of jail after 5-10 years and look back and say to themselves: "well, i think it was worth it because the guy did spill gas on the bike"?

Unfortunately it all has to do with the effectiveness of the policeforce and the general level of education.

Both are seriously lacking in Thailand.

f they get caught, there is a good chance they spend several years in jail:sleepy:

These scum doesn't even think that they are doing wrong in beating up or shoot somebody.
I spent a lot time with thai males and the behaviour of some "nice guys" was getting more and more disgusting for me day by day.
Violence is a quite normal thing for them and their mood is switching within seconds...

Some of the staff at gas stations should really do other jobs, but I guess a few are getting nervous when they have to service a foreigner with a big expensive looking bike.
I can remember many overfilled tanks on my bike coz it was too high for them or they tried to end with a straight price, not with 563baht.
I just ask them with a smile, if they are too short and grab the nozzle...
Better then getting upset about their usual "service".

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Maybe you missed this bit in the story which I think mark01 was referring to.

3 hours ago, Gunnar Horpestad said:

the thugs "have money and the case may go cold".

Unbelievable the tough boys on the Honda clicks 

Like how the rest of them lay the boot in when he's nearly unconscious 

What a bunch of  <deleted> wits 

I'm sure they will be pumping themselves up over  some cheap thai whiskey afterwards

Come to my place  boys I'll sort you pieces if shit out  and I won't need a gun 

Unbelievable the tough boys on the Honda clicks 

Like how the rest of them lay the boot in when he's nearly unconscious 

What a bunch of  <deleted> wits 

I'm sure they will be pumping themselves up over  some cheap thai whiskey afterwards

Come to my place  boys I'll sort you pieces if shit out  and I won't need a gun 

I think there is more too it than what we are being fed, i.e. someone has either paid or asked these clowns to take it to these two attendants, callus gutless morons, who couldn't fight on their own if they needed too.

So glad I wasn't there, because I know I couldn't watch this go on and I would have probably taken two or three out with my crowbar, before being shot or set upon by the rest, but it just ain't right. 

Archived