Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Yellow Book at Amphur Hang Dong - how long?

davehowden

I did mine two years ago, and had to have an interview at the Amphur office, but I didn't have to have the Phu Yai Baan attend, just a certification from him. From memory, it didn't take very long to get the YB, maybe a couple of weeks at most, once everything was approved. This was Hang Dong office. 

8 hours ago, davehowden said:

Does anybody have any recent experience of how long it takes from submitting the required paperwork and having the Headman attend to actually getting the Yellow Book?

Many thanks

you can wait for it. provided all documents not more than 15 minutes

It took long for me...

steps

- translate passport and birth certificate in thai. Submit to your embassy. (The translator must be in a list approved by your embassy). And get certification by your embassy

- submit the certifications to the thai foreign affairs ministry. Get their stamp

- go to the amphur with documents, get the yellow book and the alien pink card. (The fastest in the steps)

good luck !

2 hours ago, portroyal said:

It took long for me...

steps

- translate passport and birth certificate in thai. Submit to your embassy. (The translator must be in a list approved by your embassy). And get certification by your embassy

- submit the certifications to the thai foreign affairs ministry. Get their stamp

- go to the amphur with documents, get the yellow book and the alien pink card. (The fastest in the steps)

good luck !

took me even longer ?......the head of the amphur office threw my paperwork away twice as he took a dislike to me ?..i recieved a phonecall from the amphur when the head was on holiday.....and it was done in 10 minutes...but this was months of waiting as i wasnt aware the my paperwork was thrown away moments after i had handed it in ....TIT....

17 hours ago, nongsangcity said:

got me on to the 30b thai health scheme....saved me 1000s of baht over the years...

They have stopped the 30THB scheme for foreigners. If you are still registered, you are very lucky, as the scheme was never intended for Westerners (another loophole, like the Pink ID card)

20 hours ago, portroyal said:

It took long for me...

steps

good luck !

It is always possible of course that they have changed their requirements recently, or that requirements vary country to country (what country you are from?) but this is a very different set of requirements which I experienced (and indeed which many others have posted on). I did my own translation of only my passport with no certifications from anyone. I am from the UK incidentally.

Just as a point of clarification, you have to get the yellow book before you can get the Pink ID card, although if you get the yellow book early in the day, and have your other documentation with you, I can't imagine there is any reason not to get the Pink ID card the same day

When i got mine several years back there was no requirement for head man, only family members of Wife who could confirm where i lived.  All done in one afternoon and walked out with it after paying a 500 Baht tea money fee.   Very useful too as got me on the 30 Baht health list and every time you need to prove your residence for whatever purpose it saves you money and hassle.

In my case, Yellow was done at the Tessaban and Pink was done at the Amphur.  Needed Thai person for both, but not head man.  Translated passport, which I made sure matched the Chinote for my condo.  Haven't used pink yet, but Yellow has been great at the banks without a WP...opened a brokerage account and TMB has been the only Bank to say cannot.  Recently, I was able to switch PEA to my name and set up autopay.  Did that solo, too, without any ID from previous owner or anything.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, portroyal said:

It took long for me...

steps

good luck !

Never had had to to any of that, residence letter from Imm,passport,Details of my parents  in Thai(been deceased for 20 yrs, very important) My Thai wife did translation of my name ,passport details in Thai. We didnt need a witness it was fast tracked :smile:.Thats was 4 years ago ,staff has changed completely since then ,the new head guy is very pleasant unlike 4 years ago,best to go and ask,the goal posts tend to move

Yes, I should have mentioned COR....I forgot about it because I have never had to do one since...and photos were suppose to be one inch, but you know how that goes.  CMULI is a great place for official passport translate..300 THB and they will give you another one with a fresh stamp for 50 in the future..they keep them on file.

An update for anybody who may be interested regarding getting a Yellow Book at Amphur Hang Dong..

It took 3 weeks from the time of submitting the correct paperwork to being told to collect the Yellow Book.

Collection took about 1.5 hours due to the volume of Amphur generated paperwork (in addition to my stuff) that needed to be read and checked by a desk officer and then signed off by a supervisor. There was also a brief "interview" with the supervisor, as she did not speak English and I don't speak Thai I have no idea what the questions were!

One of the the 3 required photos I had provided with my application had been lost by them, told to bring another-one in the next day, yeh sure.

The Pink card was then issued without request on my part, cost 60 B, that took about 20 minutes.

On 21/9/2560 at 9:07 PM, trainman34014 said:

When i got mine several years back there was no requirement for head man, only family members of Wife who could confirm where i lived.  All done in one afternoon and walked out with it after paying a 500 Baht tea money fee.   Very useful too as got me on the 30 Baht health list and every time you need to prove your residence for whatever purpose it saves you money and hassle.

glad to hear it helped you to get on the 30b healt scheme....i do the same every year but nobody believes me on here that iam on the scheme, got my last card this july....

Archived