Teary Amelia “Amy” Jacobs faces detention on drug charges

webfact

Teary Amelia faces detention on drug charges

By The Nation

68274b71dd41d13b65f3f5361501a860.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Despite her tearful plea for another chance from the Thai public, actress and former Miss Teen Thailand Amelia “Amy” Jacobs is facing serious drug charges, including possessing illicit drugs with intent to sell, which could spell the end of her acting career.

Anocha Panupan, managing director of Amerlia’s employer, Broadcast Thai Television Co, said the actress’s employment contract, which had about a year to run, had ended following her drug arrest. Under the contract’s conditions, she is deemed to have tarnished the company’s reputation.

On Wednesday morning, Amelia was subjected to police interrogation over her money transactions and about accomplices in her alleged drug-dealing network. She was due to face Min Buri Court, where police were expected to apply for her to face a first-detention-period order, on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning.

Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpan, the 191 patrol and special operation division chief, said police questioned Amelia as per normal procedures to determine accomplices, the source of the narcotics and related money transactions. Police also seized her mobile phone for investigation.

Surachet said inquiries so far had not identified any other celebrities involved in alleged drug crimes.

Amelia, 28, was arrested along with her boyfriend Poonyawat Hirantecha, 40, early on Tuesday morning in Bangkok after police seized 70 grams of crystal methamphetamine, or “ice”, 16 ecstasy pills, drug-taking tools and a scale. 

On Tuesday night, Amelia tearfully apologised to the Thai public while being brought to Sai Mai Police Station, saying she had no intention of doing wrong and wanted people to give her another chance. 

The actress insisted that she had been charged for taking drugs and she would atone for that by serving society. However, police said she and her boyfriend were charged with possessing drugs with intent to sell them. 

Amelia said she had been dating Poonyawat for two months before he moved into her house, and she had no knowledge of him having a lot of drugs. She admitted to taking drugs but said she never invited other actors or actresses to join in her habit. 

Meanwhile, on Tuesday night, police arrested another woman Natcha Jampasaeng, 34, who allegedly supplied the drugs to Poonyawat.

When arresting the woman at a Lat Phrao condominium, police officers seized 14 bottles of ketamine, 8 grams of “ice” and two ecstasy pills along with drug-taking tools. Natcha reportedly confessed to the drug crime and was sent to the Lat Phrao precinct.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327215

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-20

". . . possessing illicit drugs with intent to sell, which could spell the end of her acting career."

Understatement of the year, unless they do a remake of Oliver and need a female Fagan.

She looks just the part for that role nowadays. What an advert for drug use she is!

1 hour ago, CelticBhoy said:

". . . possessing illicit drugs with intent to sell, which could spell the end of her acting career."

Understatement of the year, unless they do a remake of Oliver and need a female Fagan.

She looks just the part for that role nowadays. What an advert for drug use she is!

According to Mrs tam, poor old Amy's "acting career" was already in the toilet and had been for a fair few years already.

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

From looking at the photo, I would never have guessed she was a junkie. Her room looks like a normal Thai s..thole.

Yes was just thinking the same, most Thai women I know that smoke ice have floors so clean you could eat off them. There must be something about ice that brings the housemaid out of the user.

Much ado about nothing. Meanwhile, the fat cats behind an industry which has addicted millions of Thai men and women - and increasingly children - purr all the way to the bank.

When are we going to read celebratory headlines trumpeting successful raids on the sumptuous homes of domestic cartels behind the importation and distribution of drugs across the Kingdom?

Or have these wealthy traders in human misery already bought or scared off enough cops, venal politicians and journalists to guarantee that only the small fry at the bottom of their lucrative supply chain are brought to justice?

Edited by Krataiboy

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

She will be able to join the Theatrical  society in the nick.:saai:

regards Worgeordie

yes but how much do you want to bet that at the end of the day she will get much softer treatment than the average Thai person would under similar circumstances

23 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

right. Lock her away. She's a useless drug addict.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:37 PM, CelticBhoy said:

Perhaps this is more to your liking . . . . Perfect. Perfectly legal. . . . Good boys

beergut.png

40 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Why is it all these plastic Hi Sos are all scruffy dirty gets....... Spoilt stupid and expect to be treat with kid gloves.......... Enjoy the time love........

Because they are special - so lets see how special this one is, to be gauged by the sentence when it is finally (if ever) handed down. 

Too often the Hi-So's walk out of this easily in Thailand............. I HATE drugs.... 'druggies' ........ and 'drug sellers............

I hope that 'farang dad' don't have enough money for the cops......... and she does her time (along with the boyfriend)...........

We need a few more lessons for the other Hi-So to see that you can't buy your way out of everything..... But with the law-enforcement and courts in Thailand can we expect her/him to do the time ((or just pay (or have it paid for them) the price 'to the cops'? ???????))

On 9/20/2017 at 2:37 PM, CelticBhoy said:

'Great Expectations' immediately came to mind CelticBhoy as IMHO she looks like a shoe-in for Miss Havisham by the time she gets released. Very Sad.

59 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Too often the Hi-So's walk out of this easily in Thailand............. I HATE drugs.... 'druggies' ........ and 'drug sellers............

I hope that 'farang dad' don't have enough money for the cops......... and she does her time (along with the boyfriend)...........

We need a few more lessons for the other Hi-So to see that you can't buy your way out of everything..... But with the law-enforcement and courts in Thailand can we expect her/him to do the time ((or just pay (or have it paid for them) the price 'to the cops'? ???????))

'Too often the Hi-So's walk out of this easily in Thailand..'

Your point is well taken, but in fact she is not HiSo in the true sense as it is known in Thailand. "Boss" the Red Bull killer is from a HiSo family because they have billions derived from their energy drink empire. Most of the "new money" billionaires here, like the Shins etc are worshiped because of their cash and assets. There is also the "old" money, I believe they are referred to as "amart" with certain regal connections etc.

Young Amelia, Amy is in the "TV celebrity" class, the supreme matriarch being IMO Kim Kardashian.

Basically celebrity trash that thinks they are above the lowing herd. 

with the boyfriend for only 2 months? very bad choice for a boyfriend. i suspect he was dealing before and now she's just some little junkie actress that got caught up in it. very short period of time to really screw your life up. no doubt she will have to go to jail. there is no out for her. just some spent actress, not hiso at all as some seem to think

maybe if the boyfriend says the drugs were his and he was dealing and she was just a user, then i guess that might help her case. time will tell

Edited by Happy enough
add another point

28 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Your point is well taken, but in fact she is not HiSo in the true sense as it is known in Thailand. "Boss" the Red Bull killer is from a HiSo family because they have billions derived from their energy drink empire. Most of the "new money" billionaires here, like the Shins etc are worshiped because of their cash and assets. There is also the "old" money, I believe they are referred to as "amart" with certain regal connections etc.

Young Amelia, Amy is in the "TV celebrity" class, the supreme matriarch being IMO Kim Kardashian.

A good assessment. Like so many things here the concept of "HiSo" has so many layers, like an onion skin; (I have two chihuahuas, one has a bit of a pedigree, and is known throughout the extended family and neighborhood as the " hi so dog!). But particularly where justice is concerned it will always boil down to money.

I have no time for drugs - users or seller's, although I think hate is too strong a term to apply. Whilst she may have been stupid and criminal, I feel sorry for her father, struggling to cope with what is happening to his daughter.

I wonder if he will be able to  help her?

On 9/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, webfact said:

On Tuesday night, Amelia tearfully apologised to the Thai public while being brought to Sai Mai Police Station, saying she had no intention of doing wrong and wanted people to give her another chance. 

Why not apoligise to the  Dutch people as well?  For using drugs herself i could forgive her but not for selling..

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:
2 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Thanks for your reply to my post............... Let's wait a few weeks and see what happens......... I still think that 'money talks' with 'Thai justice' and with her TV reputation.... that she will walk away with 'less than justice' PAID............

I go often to the Prison in Pattaya to visit (and take her son and daughter for visit their mom) (and I pay money on account for mom to have some snacks)......... I see what happens to those who don't have money..... the mom has said many times if she had 200,000-500-000 she could be out of there................... I can talk with a bit of experience (30+years).... so please be patient and wait a while to see results........ 'Thai Justice' depends strictly on money.......... If you don't believe.......... stick around a while and learn........ I am comfortable with my belief..........

although I am open to new learning....................................... Let's see.........................