Thai Customs and Immigration - Are They Serious ?

ozbanglamung

On 9/21/2017 at 7:53 AM, hml367 said:

I ordered Vidal Sassoon shampoo and conditioner for personal use on ebay.  The shampoo came through the postal service, no customs and no tax.  The conditioner came via DHL and it is stuck in Bangkok and DHL is asking for the same things as the OP posted. 

I have ordered these things before and they were delivered.

Is that somehow different to the vast array of Vidal Sassoon shampoos and conditioners that are available in Thailand?

36 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Is that somehow different to the vast array of Vidal Sassoon shampoos and conditioners that are available in Thailand?

I have never seen the Cherry/Almond version in Chiang Mai. If you know where that might be sold could you let me know? I would be happy to buy it in Thailand.

when I am out of the one I like, I buy the one available in Chiang Mai if I can find it.  It is very different than the one I like.

Edited by hml367

I have imported a few things in recent years with no problems, but fell foul of the same regulations as the OP. My missis broke a bone in her ankle, and I was advised that after the plaster came off it would help her if she had one of those surgical boots to give some support while the muscles strengthened. The price on Amazon UK was far cheaper than here, even with a hefty carrier charge, so I ordered one (from an Amazon-listed supplier, not from Amazon themselves). Eventually I got an email from DHL asking the nature of the item, and subsequently one informing me that as it was medical equipment it had to be imported by a licensed company. I was offered the alternative of finding one, paying to return the item to the UK or authorising it to be "destroyed" - not much choice, really, so somewhere somebody is limping round in a boot I paid for. I wish I'd declared it as a toy.....

Not just thailand but even in the UK Fedex will not issue an invoice for goods prior to taking payment for D&T. That's very odd not to he able to see the cost of something prior to paying. Verbal advice only on COD. DHL recently changed there bank account and sent a letter to clients. I called them up and asked them to confirm the bank info on the letter they sent and they said they were unable to confirm due to data protection!

Some odd practices in the courier industry.

Has anyone bought food supplements/ vitamin pills through mail order from West/U.K.? These seem so much cheaper on eBay etc than sourced locally. 

I haven’t but from bitter experience as you can see from this thread, if whatever it is. If it is shipped in via courier services it will go under the customs microscope but I can also say from experience that things that are shipped in via the normal postal system will arrive unscathed and un opened. I have had underwater pool lights and prescription medication sent in with no problems whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I pay a coupla baht outside 7 11 to get my body weight.

Ah but does it tell you your percentage of , muscle, visceral fat, subcutaneous fat, BMI, RMI and based on all of that what it considers your actual body age to be. ? When I started my body age was around 66, I am 62. I went on a meal replacement program diet and in three months I had lost 10 Kg’s my Visceral Fat dropped from 15% to 10% my BMI dropped from 29 to 22 and my estimated body age dropped from 66 to 54. Without the BodyComposition monitor I would not have had a clue about my body’s condition apart from looking at a fat bastard in the mirror every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app