Shooting and kicking at gas station: mum tries to buy off parent with 10,000 baht

webfact

Shooting and kicking at gas station: mum tries to buy off parent with 10,000 baht

2pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- The mother of one of the thugs who attacked two teens at a Bang Plat gas station tried to buy off a father with 10,000 baht.

But the dad said "no way" would he not take the money to drop charges.

Yesterday, a lawyer acting on behalf of the two 18 year olds - Thong and Guy - went to Bang Plat police to add to the assault charges already made. Following CCTV that showed at least one shot was fired he has asked that the 7 or 8 men involved be charged with attempted murder.

Lawyer Kertphon Kaewkert said police know the identity of the thugs. An arrest warrant is expected presently.

Bunrit Sutwan, 37, the father of Thong said that the mother of one of the assailants had approached him after the incident to offer him about 10,000 baht to drop the case and pay for the injuries.

"She said when her son arrived home she didn't have a clue that he had done anything.

"When I saw the clip I couldn't drop the charges. It could happen again. They could easily have killed my son. I wont drop it - no way".

Both Thong - who was not actually working at the gas station, just visiting his mate - and Guy spoke of how they were attacked and repeatedly kicked in the head. Guy said a shot was fired at least once as he attempted to flee causing him to stop and be kicked in the face 5 or six times outside a 7/11.

He was then dragged back and claimed the thugs tried to force him into a vehicle only to be stopped by another person. The gang then fled.

Manager did not report as to how the incident began though yesterday it was reported as a case of an attendant overfilling a bike tank spilling some gas, notes Thaivisa.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-21

4 hours ago, webfact said:

"She said when her son arrived home she didn't have a clue that he had done anything.

Yeah, you would not ask a question like, where was your 18 year old son at 2am on a Monday morning. 

My son is in bed, safe and sleeping. Ready for school at 7am. But I am a good parent!

Edited by LotusBoy

14 minutes ago, mark01 said:

There is so much wrong with Thai law.

Being able to pay your way out of a criminal offence is just one-of-many of the things wrong with the law system here.

How can a victim drop the charges? It's a criminal offence...!!!

The laws are designed by the rich who want a way out if they ever get caught.

Justice has never been blind in Thailand. Here justice is an accountant.

27 minutes ago, LotusBoy said:

Yeah, you would not ask a question like, where was your 18 year old son at 2am on a Monday morning. 

My son is in bed, safe and sleeping. Ready for school at 7am. But I am a good parent!

But you are also. NOT the Thai parent of a spoiled "little emperor"!!!! The problems are always at least one if not more generations up from the offending individual.  It is only because of CCTV and Facebook we are seeing these things.  And people wonder about the power of social media.......

1 hour ago, LotusBoy said:

Well said, my belief is that lack of parental guidance; teaching what is right and what is wrong, what is acceptable behavior etc., is often a part of the cause of these situation.

There's two late teens (1F, 1M) in part of my extended family, their parents have been absent most of their lives and the kids from toddlers have lived with numerous other relatives and strangers. They have very poor education and no resources whatever. They see their parents rarely and they are strangers, and the two teenagers show their anger at their parents readily. The parents just don't care.

Their same age friends, pretty much all from the same background are their family, they steal regularly, often with violence involved, to survive.

They basically have no future. 

Edited by scorecard

Disgusting!

If the authorities do not charge all of these low life thugs with attempted murder and get them of the streets they are as responsible for this event as the thugs are, as well as allowing a similar event to happen again...

The fact that this gang have no regards or concern for their action speaks volume of law enforcement!!!

Utterly disgusting!!!

Good for the father but I agree with Tonray next is intimidation and threats these boys have learnt this shit from somewhere and you guessed it probably the parents 

Book them charge them throw them in jail for 12 months and let the inmates take care of the little Ceasars in there 

There scum 

The two attendants were kicked to the point of unconsciousness, apparently shots were fired & the police say

arrest warrants are pending !!!!

What the hell are they waiting for, giving them time to flee somewhere !!!

Jeez just what does it take to get the police off their collective <deleted> & go round up these thugs & put them away where they cannot do any more harm.

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Animals don't do this kind of thing.  These so called 'people' are vicious savages 'educated' in the ways of the vicious savages that went before them.

The reality of Thai culture. Stone Age savages in every respect. Land of Smiles? What a crock of shit!

Who thought it was a good idea that these savages should be allowed to bear arms?