Christmas Lunch 2017

stuarty

I am looking for suggestions for a top class Xmas lunch buffet in the northern part of the island (say north of Kamala) preferably around Laguna area.

I know the Slate (former Indigo Pearl) has a very good one, and looking for something similar to that level of quality

Any of you brunchers out there got any suggestions?

Years ago was at the JW Marriott. Food quality and taste was superb.

Not more back for buffet there but the restaurants at JW are always very good and sure on former Indigo level where i was also once.

Don't know they will have lunch buffet this year but i guess.

On 21/09/2017 at 10:45 AM, stuarty said:

I am looking for suggestions for a top class Xmas lunch buffet in the northern part of the island (say north of Kamala) preferably around Laguna area.

I know the Slate (former Indigo Pearl) has a very good one, and looking for something similar to that level of quality

Any of you brunchers out there got any suggestions?

I was one of the 205, but could not give any suggestions. Now if your title would have mentioned 'north' I would not have read.

I'm sure you can get a hearty, traditional Christmas meal at many pubs in Phuket.

Christmas meals might not be worth paying a lot for. It's not like there'll be foie gras with your turkey.

We're going to Edinburgh for Christmas and there were some Christmas dinners for 200 GBP per person, but in the end, it was only a traditional Christmas meal, with a little extra pizazz. We ended up going for a friendly gastropub which will probably have a better atmosphere as well.

Just my 2¢.

:biggrin:

Yeah thanks but I'm not looking for a pub meal (even a gastro one), as its a big celebration for a table of 12 and am happy to splash out as it's Christmas day. When you consider the scope and scale of the top hotel brunches in Phuket (lobster, various seafood, yes foie gras, steaks, turkey etc etc., and the free flowing good quality wine and cocktails) then the cost of around 2500B is in my view a bargain, in fact a steal.

We are currently looking at Cape Yamu (Como) or Banyan Tree. Both menus look fantastic.