British police make sixth arrest in Tube bomb investigation

webfact

British police make sixth arrest in Tube bomb investigation

tag-reuters.jpg

Police officers stand at either end of a street as officers search a house after three men were arrested in connection with an explosion on the London Underground, in Newport, Wales, Britain, September 20, 2017. REUTERS/Rebecca Naden

LONDON (Reuters) - British detectives have arrested a 17-year-old youth in connection with a bomb attack on an underground train in London last week that injured 30 people, bringing the total number of arrests to six, police said on Thursday.

The young man was arrested in the early hours of Thursday in Thornton Heath, south London. The other arrests had taken place in Dover on the south coast of England, Hounslow in west London and Newport in Wales.

A home-made bomb went off on Sept. 15 during the morning rush hour on a packed underground Tube train at Parsons Green station, sending flames through the carriage, although it appeared that the device did not fully explode.

It was the fifth major terrorism incident in Britain this year.

"This continues to be a fast-moving investigation. A significant amount of activity has taken place since the attack on Friday," said Commander Dean Haydon, head of the Metropolitan Police's Counter Terrorism Command.

"We now have six males in custody and searches are continuing at five addresses. Detectives are carrying out extensive inquiries to determine the full facts behind the attack," he said.

The other men in custody in a south London police station are an 18-year-old, a 21-year-old, a 25-year-old, a 30-year-old and a 48-year-old.

(Reporting by Estelle Shirbon in London and Rama Venkat Raman in Bengaluru)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-09-21

16 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Another 'child' (roll eyes) refugee?  A question, as few facts have been released.

To look on the bright side, if a 30 a 48 year old have also been arrested, hopefully they've caught the ringleaders of this particular terrorist attack.

Did you see the photo of the supposed 21 year old refugee they arrested for this bombing? There are pics of him from 3 years ago freely available and printed by various msm outlets, so he was "18" and yet had stage 4 male pattern baldness. Oh really? Not sure who the target audience for this lie is, clearly this chap, Yahyah is closer to 40 than to 20. And the first guy they caught, the supposed 18 year old living with foster parents still hasn't been named and photographed yet. What is going on?? I suspect he is one of the high profile child refugees photographed by media when the scandal was breaking about the Calais kids being somewhat erm.. wrinkled, bearded and bald and it will prove hugely embarrassing when he is eventually named and shown so they are keeping shtum until the Brit voters have forgotten about this Parsons Green malarkey.

I note these guys getting arrested in Wales were living in accomodation for asylum seekers. This really is a farcical situation, the publics concern the "child refugees" would turn out to be trojan horses has been proved to be a reality. Hopefully changes will be made, and politicians will start putting the Brits safety over their vanity and  Nobel award seeking. 

Well done to the Brit police, but I'm afraid they are urinating into the wind, there just isn't the jail space or spare seats on aeroplanes back to southern climes to rid the streets from this ideological danger. The terror and restrictions on life is going to get worse.

1 hour ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Did you see the photo of the supposed 21 year old refugee they arrested for this bombing? There are pics of him from 3 years ago freely available and printed by various msm outlets, so he was "18" and yet had stage 4 male pattern baldness. Oh really? Not sure who the target audience for this lie is, clearly this chap, Yahyah is closer to 40 than to 20. And the first guy they caught, the supposed 18 year old living with foster parents still hasn't been named and photographed yet. What is going on?? I suspect he is one of the high profile child refugees photographed by media when the scandal was breaking about the Calais kids being somewhat erm.. wrinkled, bearded and bald and it will prove hugely embarrassing when he is eventually named and shown so they are keeping shtum until the Brit voters have forgotten about this Parsons Green malarkey.

I note these guys getting arrested in Wales were living in accomodation for asylum seekers. This really is a farcical situation, the publics concern the "child refugees" would turn out to be trojan horses has been proved to be a reality. Hopefully changes will be made, and politicians will start putting the Brits safety over their vanity and  Nobel award seeking. 

Well done to the Brit police, but I'm afraid they are urinating into the wind, there just isn't the jail space or spare seats on aeroplanes back to southern climes to rid the streets from this ideological danger. The terror and restrictions on life is going to get worse.

If you're going to rant at the very least get your basic info sorted. The level of insinuation of conspiracy with these arrests is unhelpful and insulting to those doing their duty. The 18 year will not be officially named, at least not until he is charged, as legally defined as a child.

To the politicians in charge:

alright, you can't name them, you can't disclose their ethnicity, you can't say if these are terrorists, you can't describe them having beards or not, you can't say if they are refugees... I understand. I see though that you can still disclose their gender and age, I think that is highly discriminatory and incorrect, it has to change!

The article should say this: "The other in custody in a south London police station are a, a, a, a and a."

And if you do this often enough, pretty soon your headlines will be thus: "Nothing has happened by No One. However, British citizens were inexplicably hurt and killed in a non-incident."

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Another 'child' (roll eyes) refugee?  A question, as few facts have been released.

To look on the bright side, if a 30 a 48 year old have also been arrested, hopefully they've caught the ringleaders of this particular terrorist attack.

Do you have children?

Children get older

Someone of 15 is a child

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Another 'child' (roll eyes) refugee?

Nicely put, sums up most people's reaction, after last year's child refugee debacle in the UK.

Grouse, you worry me.

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Do you have children?

Children get older

Someone of 15 is a child

So you'd be happy to have one of these guys (sorry, children) sitting next to your 15 year old daughter in school then.

lbcnew-723298.jpg

calais-722326.jpg

Edited by nausea
More info.

11 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

To the politicians in charge:

alright, you can't name them, you can't disclose their ethnicity, you can't say if these are terrorists, you can't describe them having beards or not, you can't say if they are refugees... I understand. I see though that you can still disclose their gender and age, I think that is highly discriminatory and incorrect, it has to change!

The article should say this: "The other in custody in a south London police station are a, a, a, a and a."

And if you do this often enough, pretty soon your headlines will be thus: "Nothing has happened by No One. However, British citizens were inexplicably hurt and killed in a non-incident."

Obviously you don't understand  integrity and security during an ongoing investigation. Previously security agencies severely criticised leaks of background etc during investigations. To repeat "The level of insinuation of conspiracy with these arrests is unhelpful and insulting to those doing their duty". 

Two of those arrested have now been released without charge, one of whom was previously named, alongwith country of origin. At time of arrest they were immediately found guilty by the all knowing counter terrorism investigators on TV. I understand currently four still detained for further questioning and if sufficient evidence will be charged, at which time some details will be released to the media.

21 hours ago, simple1 said:

If you're going to rant at the very least get your basic info sorted. The level of insinuation of conspiracy with these arrests is unhelpful and insulting to those doing their duty. The 18 year will not be officially named, at least not until he is charged, as legally defined as a child.

Why are you telling me to get my basic info sorted when you are plain wrong.

The first guy arrested is 18. We still do not know his name. He is 18. 18 is not a child. 18 is an adult. Below 18 is legally a child ie a 17 year old is a child. An 18 year old is an adult. Is this clear?

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as "a human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier". 

Now, can you offer a true excuse/reason as to why this adult 18 year old terrorist has not been named??

I would offer a comparison to the van maniac Darren Osborne that drove into the crowd outside a finsbury Park mosque. His van hadn't come to a halt yet and we were told his name and ethnicity, what he liked to drink down the boozer, photos were released showing him being duffed up and held by the mob, and within a few hours we even knew how much his mum's house was worth thanks to the Daily Mail. And this time the train bomber, well the silence is deafening. 

Edited by FreddieRoyle

58 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Now, can you offer a true excuse/reason as to why this adult 18 year old terrorist has not been named??

<sniP

My error. My point remains, about time some people grow up and cease indulging in conspiracy theories when police / CPS do not comply to their social media demands for immediate disclosure/s.

The individual is yet to be charged, you should know it sometimes suits police not to name arrested individual/s during an active investigation.

Edited by simple1