Changing cash in CM

ryanhull

Hi all,

I have a grand in £20 notes, alot of them have bits of ink on them or slight tears, in the UK thats standard however a mate told me no where will accept them. I read however its banks that wont but super rich will? is this correct? there not that bad but certinally not crisp new ones, one or two has ink stains from a pen, and a few have rips or generally been in pockets so scurffled... does anyone know is super rich are fussy about this like banks?

Cheers

Sometime ago had similar problem with pound sterling notes ( about 100 quid ), especially if numbers were written on them.

Eventually went to a shopping mall and tried all the different banks and money changers until I found one that would accept them.   Sorry cant remember name of mall, I think it was Megamall in Bangkok,

Why not go and try one Super exchange with a small amount of the worst notes?

No harm in trying, the worst they can do is say no.  If they do walk around to another with some of the better notes.  Drip feed if necessary.

PS; don't forget your passport, many exchanges need it, other than Super who don't normally bother. (If doing the larger amount(s) you will probably need the Passport at any exchange)

Edited by scottiejohn

Why not go and try one Super exchange with a small amount of the worst notes?

No harm in trying, the worst they can do is say no.  If they do walk around to another with some of the better notes.  Drip feed if necessary.

PS; don't forget your passport, many exchanges need it, other than Super who don't normally bother. (If doing the larger amount(s) you will probably need the Passport at any exchange)

Thanks for the reply you guys, the thing is, I think if you do small amounts your going to get charged more in affect right? or maybe it doesnt work like that... but the reason I asked is becuase I wondered if anyone has tried super rich specificly... I know banks wont take them as I tried bangkok bank earlier and they refused £280 of the £1000, some of the refused notes really wasnt even that bad... I think the women was just having a bad day though as she seemed really rude even before I had said a word but then I was warned so maybe not I do remember way back one of my first weeks in Thailand some 7 years ago they wouldnt accept £60 in £20`s just wanted to change it becuase I had no need for it, that was becuase the notes was scrappy if I remember rightly, ... however from what I hear super rich dont really care but some ppl say they will care (this is chatting to mates, half of them conflict with each other lol) so I was wondering more specificly if anyone here has been to super rich and used any notes which are a little scrappy? surely they have, anyone here want to buy £20 notes for £19 of bhats? lol joke, I will update this thread anyway tomorow for anyone else in the same sitution in the future, cheers all

Hi All,

Just back today from Super Rich CM, ok so out of the £1000 they accepted £800.... they did NOT accept notes with pen on them, in the UK alot of shops etc write on notes. They flat out refused them and said its not becuase of the tiny tears, nor the poor condition its purely becuase they had writing in pen on them. Anyway I changed the £800, walked up the road to another exhchange (orange and chinese just around the corner) and he barely even looked at them and had no problem changing them at all. So anyway the answer is yes you can change notes that are scrappy or even a bit torn, but if they have pen writing on them, go up the road and turn left youll see a green exchange with a chinese guy inside, he didnt care. The lady in super rich did say the green bank would change them but I doubt it.

Also one note which has a large pen ink stain super rich wouldnt allow, she even pictured it and lined it to her boss who said no. But again the guy up the road didnt care.

Hope that helps anyone in the future anyway,

Cheers guys

Anyone know the name of this green or orange exchange kiosk? I have a few inked notes I would like to change. Same road as SK exchange? 

Hi, it's called super rich but they have shops in Bangkok and other places too, the ones in cm are more shops than kiosks though but there all on google maps, they offer the best exchange rates apparently in Thailand, cheers