Flu shot in Pattaya?

soistalker

20 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Every single year I went down with the flu sometime after getting to Thailand and suffered badly from it. The whole thing. You know, the 2 bouts and over a week of misery. Stopped now with having the flu jab. Free in the UK.

I have taken 1000 mg of vit C daily as long as I've been an adult and only had a cold/ flue about twice. Once was when I stopped taking it and the other was recently, so probably just getting too old. Wasn't very bad either, so fingers crossed. I've never had a flue jab.

The injected flu vaccine is offered free of charge on the NHS to people who are at risk.
https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/who-should-have-flu-vaccine.aspx

It only “free” to tax recipients

The government takes half your income and then when people get a $20 flu shot the think it’s “free”.

Again, I think that’s hilarious.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

It only “free” to tax recipients

The government takes half your income and then when people get a $20 flu shot the think it’s “free”.
Again, I think that’s hilarious.

'er no. I pay tax and flu shot no charge. No charge also for prescriptions and medical treatment.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

So it’s not free, it’s like buying insurance, only you have no control over it?

Its free for over 60s and not based on defined contributions. Service I get in London is excellent.

Edited by SheungWan

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

Wow, people over 60 do not pay taxes in GB?

The service I get here and in the US is excellent too, and it’s “free” as well.

Free in the US if you have health insurance or free for short periods of time as a public health service. I bought mine at Costco and Walmart a few years back, $25-30.

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

Wow, people over 60 do not pay taxes in GB?
The service I get here and in the US is excellent too, and it’s “free” as well.

Not all people over the age of 60 pay taxes. It depends on their circumstances. But this does not affect their use of NHS facilities. NHS access is neutral as to an individual's tax situation. So, no charge for flu shot irrespective.

Not all people over the age of 60 pay taxes. It depends on their circumstances. But this does not affect their use of NHS facilities. NHS access is neutral as to an individual's tax situation. So, no charge for flu shot irrespective.

So the people that work pay for the people that don’t work, and everyone gets the same quality of care, correct?

Sounds great

35 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So the people that work pay for the people that don’t work, and everyone gets the same quality of care, correct?
Sounds great

Irrelevant to the thread really which is about the immediate cost of a flu shot. And in the UK there is no immediate charge at the point of application. That you wish to deflect that question into a political question about the general financing of healthcare might be understandable but off the point. That you also appear to understand little of the detail of either how the UK NHS system works or the levels of UK tax, maybe you would like to start a thread elsewhere seeking clarification on these two things.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Thanks 1

Irrelevant to the thread really which is about the immediate cost of a flu shot. And in the UK there is no immediate charge at the point of application. That you wish to deflect that question into a political question about the general financing of healthcare might be understandable but off the point. That you also appear to understand little of the detail of either how the UK NHS system works or the levels of UK tax, maybe you would like to start a thread elsewhere seeking clarification on these two things.

Actually, the the thread is about the cost of a flu shot in Pattaya, you brought the UK into the discussion. I just pointed out the hilarity of a “free” flue shot.

I think I’m pretty clear on how socialized medicine is funded, but thanks.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:29 AM, mogandave said:

I think when you first come over, you have little resistance to the local viruses, the longer your here, the more resistance you built up.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

No the 'flu virus circulates round the world -- there is no 'local' strain. It also morphs every year which is why you cannot "build up a resistance". This is why you need an annual shot as it is a mixture of those thought to be in circulation for the coming season.  
With the advent of mass tourism and flying, the idea of a local strain of anything is outdated. 

• 7 months later...
On 9/23/2017 at 12:03 AM, marino28 said:

I did my flue shot there as well. Bangkok Pattaya clinic on Sukhumvit . 790 thb. Recommended

I went there just today and got the same price. No attempts to pad the bill with other items. Two years ago, the flu shot cost me around 1250 baht at Pattaya International and I had to wait for what I considered an inordinate amount of time. Bangkok Pattaya Clinic will be my first stop for a flu shot from now on. Thanks to those on this forum that mentioned this clinic.