Does music make you melancholy?

thaibeachlovers

4 hours ago, bannork said:

What a kind judge tutsi- but then if you had gone to Vietnam you would probably have gone AWOL whilst on r n r in Bangkok.Just think, you could have been living in Supanburi since 1968/9           55555

or...maybe had defected to the north...but then the VN women who I had 'contact' with in this life wouldn't have been born yet...

sounds like a pitch fer a new 'Terminator' movie; 'I am carrying a child that you won't meet until 50 years from now...'

well...1 to 5 fer 3 joints? a 50 year time warp couldn't be any diffrn't...makes about as much sense...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, bazza73 said:

I don't consider music makes me melancholy from the viewpoint of taking me back to the past. However, it can move me to tears with sheer beauty.

Try Richard Clayderman's " Ballade pour Adeline", Gheorge Zamfir's " Lonely Shepherd" or the intermezzo from "Cavalleria Rusticana".

Or if singers are your thing, Laura Branigan, Gerry Dorsey " You'll never walk alone" or Diana Ross. No disrespect meant to the thousands of other great voices. Damn, I wish I could sing.

If you like Gheorge Zamfir, if you haven't got it already buy the soundtrack to "Picnic at Hanging Rock". He plays on much of the whole thing. Absolutely magic.

Not a bad movie either.

Being reminded of it, I just started it on U Tube. 21 minutes of bliss.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 12:19 PM, mauGR1 said:

I had the same thing for many months, i could not listen to anything, then finally i found the solution.

whenever i feel melancholic, i listen to melancholic music.

Yes that works too, but it wasn't the question.

I was watching Mamma Mia on tv this morning ( worst casting choices EVER- who in their right mind would put Brosnan in a musical and putting Streep in was just soooooooo misguided )

but the music made me melancholy, not because it is melancholy ( probably the best pop music ever made ), but because it made me realise how much I miss their music. They only lasted a few years, but while they shone they burned bright ( perhaps too bright and got burned up by it all ), and any that loved their music will never forget.

Which is what the point of the OP is.

PS. Can't believe it's 18 years since the stage production of Mamma Mia came out. How time rushes by.

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes that works too, but it wasn't the question.

I was watching Mamma Mia on tv this morning ( worst casting choices EVER- who in their right mind would put Brosnan in a musical and putting Streep in was just soooooooo misguided )

but the music made me melancholy, not because it is melancholy ( probably the best pop music ever made ), but because it made me realise how much I miss their music. They only lasted a few years, but while they shone they burned bright ( perhaps too bright and got burned up by it all ), and any that loved their music will never forget.

Which is what the point of the OP is.

PS. Can't believe it's 18 years since the stage production of Mamma Mia came out. How time rushes by.

I don't watch many movies, and i ditched the tv long ago, so i had to google "Mamma mia" and find out ;

..And read again your OP lol.

Anyway, although i'm often in the melancholic mood, like many of my age, i can listen almost only the music of my age, and i'm sure that many youth nowadays agree that the 60s and the 70s were a great time for music ( and many other things )

So, this one is for you.