Transporting a Scooter Khon Kaen to Phattlung

GJ2Thai

Hello to all, and thanks for looking at my thread,

I am looking for a way to tarnsport my new Honda Click 125i from Chumphae, Khon Kaen to Mae Khri Phattalung,

I believe the post office does a good service

can anyone advise of the sort of price i would expect to pay

thanks

Post office is the best way to transport--you have to remove mirrors, (or they will do it wrap them in bubble for you) they then take photos of the bike, note any marks etc.

Its a nice to be able to say something positive about a service in Thailand.... I have moved 3 bikes...found it a very professional service.

2 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

...it is a long way and some very busy roads.. post it.. 

Yes it's a long way, a lot of the main roads you can miss and take different roads. From Phetchaburi you can follow the coast a lot of the way and at Chumpon take the west coast road to Krabi then cross over to Phatthalung. That's what motorbikes are for, riding :)

9 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Post office is the best way to transport--you have to remove mirrors, (or they will do it wrap them in bubble for you) they then take photos of the bike, note any marks etc.

Its a nice to be able to say something positive about a service in Thailand.... I have moved 3 bikes...found it a very professional service.

Post office is indeed the best way to proceed...make sure that the tank is almost empty too.

On 24/9/2560 at 4:39 PM, GJ2Thai said:

Hello to all, and thanks for looking at my thread,

I am looking for a way to tarnsport my new Honda Click 125i from Chumphae, Khon Kaen to Mae Khri Phattalung,

I believe the post office does a good service

can anyone advise of the sort of price i would expect to pay

thanks

On top of the price, make a insurance in the Post office too, when you send it, maybe 15% up on the price - 

they are careless!

Its worth the 15% ? more, I got that TIP here on Thaivisa com from a poster whose BIG BIKE arrived damaged.

I made that insurance choice and guess what - my Honda CBR 400 sent from Patong Phuket to Udon Thani city arrived damaged too, the tank and race cover, wind shield broken!  :sad:

BUT the Post office officer, had been very generous when discussing the damage and rewarded me well!  :wink:

Edited by ALFREDO