Kwang Orakarn asks police for help over reckless Facebook posts defaming her

webfact

Kwang Orakarn asks police for help over reckless Facebook posts defaming her

By Thai PBS

2609005.jpg

True4U channel news anchor Orakarn Jiwakiat yesterday (Sept 25) asked the Technology Crime Suppression Division (TCSD) to take legal action against people posting on Facebook that have defamed her reputation and made her life difficult.

Ms Orakarn and her lawyer filed the complaint with the TCSD saying that the Facebook posts accusing her as being a person who broke up the family of Pol Capt Songkran Techanarong and Aff Taksaorn Paksukcharern.

She denied the accusation saying the reckless posts by Facebook users with false information has gone viral on the social media and seriously affected her daily livelihood.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/kwang-orakarn-asks-police-help-reckless-facebook-posts-defaming/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-26

55 minutes ago, mark01 said:

Sensitive lot these Thai public figures.

Especially if it doesn't go there way. the sooner Thai people realize that FB is a two way process and you take the criticism as well as the likes the better. It is all to fake for me anyway. Who cares about facebook, what you had for dinner and how you look. Look at me. Me again and again blah, blah. Narcissistic is the word for these people. 

1 hour ago, mark01 said:

Sensitive lot these Thai public figures.

Publicly accusing someone of being immoral and breaking up a marriage/relationship of another couple, when that information is fake, will get you into trouble in many countries and cultures.

Here, it could get you into trouble even if true.

Spreading malicious gossip - by mouth, letter or nowadays social media is a pastime for the mentally disturbed.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Especially if it doesn't go there way. the sooner Thai people realize that FB is a two way process and you take the criticism as well as the likes the better. It is all to fake for me anyway. Who cares about facebook, what you had for dinner and how you look. Look at me. Me again and again blah, blah. Narcissistic is the word for these people. 

On the other hand FB offers narcissistic people even with an IQ below room temperature a 24/7 opportunity to engage in a hobby. But there is also danger when they suffer serious depression after failing to send selfies 5 times a day.

Edited by Lupatria

Fever Of Online Gossip Puts Anchorwoman On Knife’s Edge

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

S__5988451-696x464.jpg  

Orakarn ‘Kwang’ Jirakiat files a complaint Monday at the Technology Crime Suppression Division.

BANGKOK — A partial reflection in a dinner knife, a months-old zebra photo and a lot of innuendo were enough for virtual Thailand to pin a scarlet letter of shame on a television news anchor.

After being labeled by an internet witch hunt as a homewrecker, Orakarn “Kwang” Jirakiat filed a criminal complaint Monday against mostly unidentified social media users who accused her of committing adultery in a story she amounts to internet fanfiction.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/09/26/fever-online-gossip-puts-anchorwoman-knifes-edge/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-09-26