Phuket cable tv

Destiny1990

Hi in Bangkok and Pattaya there is Sophon cable it's inexpensive and offers russian french dutch english and usa channels very excellent no decoder box needed etc. Is there something similar in Phuket so i can avoid the True vision hassle?

Edited by Destiny1990

American(2), english, arab, asian, chinese, european news channels all in English

And a variety of other channels in all languages that cater to tourist and expat residents including French and Italian, Indian and Chinese

They stopped using ox carts here many years ago and now use cars and motorbikes and are now getting traffic jams but not as bad as Bangkok

Different areas have different cable companies you do not have a choice, truvision is available in most areas

Edited by madmax2

Depends on where you live. Different companies have slightly different channels in different areas.

It's cheap, but not a whole solution as it has mainly Thai channels, only a couple of English speaking movie channels and a smattering of overseas news, sport and general channels.

I keep it as a supplementary service because it has some features not found on other services and it costs almost nothing. At various times I've coupled it with True, Netflix and now a complete Kodi package.

19 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

American(2), english, arab, asian, chinese, european news channels all in English

And a variety of other channels in all languages that cater to tourist and expat residents including French and Italian, Indian and Chinese

They stopped using ox carts here many years ago and now use cars and motorbikes and are now getting traffic jams but not as bad as Bangkok

Different areas have different cable companies you do not have a choice, truvision is available in most areas

Its in koh keaw what cable company there? Cnn bbc fox bvn sports channels etc i what i looking for but i sceptical it has these channels 

19 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

if good internet supply get an android box    a wealth of free worldwide  tv

possible recommendations could be MOBDRO / FIRST ONE TV

Did you get one locally and?

Edited by beechbum

13 hours ago, beechbum said:

Did you get one locally and?

purchased from Lazada   dont be tempted by the cheapest on offer   2k seems to be bench mark to get the latest version  6.3/4 i think   it comes with a remote  but a wireless mouse seems to make for easier browsing again better the mid priced range  with one AA battery   not the 2xAAA    INSTALL AND OFF YOU GO 

16 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Seems in other tourist towns watching cnn bbc bvn fox is far less complicated issue than in Phuket!

Phuket cable doesn't have CNN any more, but does have  has BBC, Fox,  Aljazeera,  bvn,  Rai, DW, Israeli, Indian, Myanmar,  Chinese, 2 Korean channels, 2 French channels, Australian A+, several Russian,  several muslum,  music, movie, food and fashion channels, Eurosport, golf channel and any amount  of soccering channels.

They have scores of Thai channels covering anything from news to soapies.

I don't know what service is available in Koh Kaew and am not aware of many members from there on thaivisa.. Perhaps if someone living there is not put off by your rude attitude they may give you an answer about availability of cable service.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Phuket cable doesn't have CNN any more, but does have  has BBC, Fox,  Aljazeera,  bvn,  Rai, DW, Israeli, Indian, Myanmar,  Chinese, 2 Korean channels, 2 French channels, Australian A+, several Russian,  several muslum,  music, movie, food and fashion channels, Eurosport, golf channel and any amount  of soccering channels.

I don't know what service is available in Koh Kaew and am not aware of many members from there on thaivisa.. Perhaps if someone living there is not put off by your rude attitude they may give you an answer about availability of cable service.

I have this service as it comes with my apt, but have recently installed TrueVision.

Interestingly on the Phuket cable service was that occasionally I could get rugby from Setanta (All Blacks) and an EPL game, but had to search for them (and not consistent).

I watch the BBC news most of the time and would like to watch the Aussie news but the sound is always well out of sync!

14 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have this service as it comes with my apt, but have recently installed TrueVision.

Interestingly on the Phuket cable service was that occasionally I could get rugby from Setanta (All Blacks) and an EPL game, but had to search for them (and not consistent).

I watch the BBC news most of the time and would like to watch the Aussie news but the sound is always well out of sync!

Yes, always a problem. You can ring them and they fix it, but it goes out of sync again very quickly.

I watch the world on my Kodi system now, and rarely use the cable. The GF watches her soapies on it in another room.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:26 AM, Old Croc said:

What rude attitude are u talking about? 

Within the context of what is available now, any form of cable provider just isn't going to cut it.   They are a dying breed, or at least within the next 2 to 3 years they will be.   Anyone with a half decent internet connection can get at relatively low cost, virtually any channel they choose,   I have a connection that gives me every UK channel, including satellite ones, Thai channels, every Premier League match that I choose to watch, a large library of both films and TV series (right up to date), and the ability of watching any channel programme up to 24 hours after it's originally aired.

I cringe at the posts asking about cable TV etc.   Sad.

51 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Within the context of what is available now, any form of cable provider just isn't going to cut it.   They are a dying breed, or at least within the next 2 to 3 years they will be.   Anyone with a half decent internet connection can get at relatively low cost, virtually any channel they choose,   I have a connection that gives me every UK channel, including satellite ones, Thai channels, every Premier League match that I choose to watch, a large library of both films and TV series (right up to date), and the ability of watching any channel programme up to 24 hours after it's originally aired.

I cringe at the posts asking about cable TV etc.   Sad.

It is obvious  who is acting sad here.

On 9/27/2017 at 6:17 PM, Old Croc said:

Depends on where you live. Different companies have slightly different channels in different areas.

It's cheap, but not a whole solution as it has mainly Thai channels, only a couple of English speaking movie channels and a smattering of overseas news, sport and general channels.

I keep it as a supplementary service because it has some features not found on other services and it costs almost nothing. At various times I've coupled it with True, Netflix and now a complete Kodi package.

Is Kodi free?

Do you just need an android box to use it?