Phuket murderer, victim husband both mentally unstable, say police

snoop1130

Phuket murderer, victim husband both mentally unstable, say police

Shela Riva

1506509999_1-org.jpg

Police inspect the home of Mr Johann Friedrich Speckbacher on Monday (Sept 25). Photo: Chalong Police

PHUKET:-- An officer from the Chalong Police who is involved in the case where a 52-year old Thai woman confessed to killing her 79-year-old German husband on Monday, has told The Phuket News today that he believes that the couple were both mentally unstable.

Speaking to The Phuket News today (Sept 27), Lt Chanat Hongsittichaikul revealed that 79-year-old Mr Johann Friedrich Speckbacher, whose wife confessed to murdering him in the Chalong area on Monday night (Sept 25), may have frustrated Ms Nirandorn Pratumsin, 52, due to his Alzheimer condition.

“The reason she killed him is most likely related to the fact that Mr Speckbacher had Alzheimer’s. She said he would often repeat things, forget things, and accused her of stealing, over and over,” Lt Chanat said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-murderer-victim-husband-both-mentally-unstable-say-police-64064.php#YV5IjbbUxbcd8LDL.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-9-27

“The reason she killed him is most likely related to the fact that Mr Speckbacher had Alzheimer’s. She said he would often repeat things, forget things, and accused her of stealing, over and over,” Lt Chanat said. The Police are giving suspects a line of defense now.as if that is a reason to kill anyone,she could have just left him.

regards worgeordie

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

“The reason she killed him is most likely related to the fact that Mr Speckbacher had Alzheimer’s. She said he would often repeat things, forget things, and accused her of stealing, over and over,” Lt Chanat said. The Police are giving suspects a line of defense now.as if that is a reason to kill anyone,she could have just left him.

regards worgeordie

People who suffer paranoid dementia can constantly accuse people of stealing things. It's their reaction to not remembering, or not being able to find things. They have to blame someone else and believe everyone is out to steal from them etc.

A condition like that needs serious professional care and medication. In the UK I had to fight hard to get that care for my elderly mother years ago. I doubt it's readily available here.

Without that, and if the spouse/relative/carer also suffers some form of mental illness, then violence like this can be the outcome.

Mental illness is incredibly misunderstood, and often untreated.

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

People who suffer paranoid dementia can constantly accuse people of stealing things. It's their reaction to not remembering, or not being able to find things. They have to blame someone else and believe everyone is out to steal from them etc.

A condition like that needs serious professional care and medication. In the UK I had to fight hard to get that care for my elderly mother years ago. I doubt it's readily available here.

Without that, and if the spouse/relative/carer also suffers some form of mental illness, then violence like this can be the outcome.

Mental illness is incredibly misunderstood, and often untreated.

Very good post, some of the morons posting stupid comments with no idea should read it and take heed.

Also the wife has a history of mental issues as well.

Edited by beechbum