Lung transplant in Bangkok?

BigOm19

I believe your best bet would be to inquire at the university hospitals, such as Chula, Siriraj (Mahidol) and Ramathibodi. That way, you would get access to the best Doctors the country has to offer.

Siriraj has a private hospital section, the Doctors and some of the reception staff will speak English.

http://www.siphhospital.com/en/home

Chula has a private clinic too, but probably not suitable in your case. Ramathibodi has one too as Sheryl has posted recently, though I have never used them.

Go to Siriraj in person as they will never reply to emails.

Bumrungrad has some excellent surgeons too, but they come with a price tag.

Avoid by all means a certain hospital in Phetburi Soi 47.

If money is no concern, go to Singapore. If money is a major concern, try to google for a place to do that in India

Edited by THAILIBAN

Thanks very much for all the responses so far. Ya, I agree. Teaching hospitals would probably be the best bet - Ramathibodi seems to have done the most transplants. Statistics for lung transplants are much the same internationally. They don't look great. Sixty % mortality in the 1st 1-5 years after transplanation. Enquiring for a family friend outside Thailand. 

Am in touch with Ramathibodi cardiovascular-thoracic department but doctor has not got back. Will go down in person.

Edited by BigOm19

• 1 month later...