Former Thai PM Yingluck left Dubai on Sept. 11 for UK, source in UAE says

webfact

1 hour ago, Monomial said:

Sorry I couldn't get back to you last night. I had another appointment to keep. That said, please read section 157 of Thailand's criminal code. It is exactly the section that deals with neglect of someone's fiduciary responsibilities, so the court correctly found her guilty under this clause.

Criminal negligence is much harder to prove than fiduciary neglect, so it is not surprising she could be found innocent of one and not the other.

As I have said previously, the ruling is sound. I just wish we could rely on Thai courts to always issue such rulings, even when it conflicts with the wishes of TPTB.

We all know when that will happen...

How can the ruling be sound, just because you say it is ? She has NOT received a fair trial. Prayuth personally used article 44 to rush the case through, used it again to try and confiscate her belongings, months before the actual verdict. No the ruling is not sound, and the whole case is a show trial. I find it utterly surprising anyone could claim this is justice. It certainly is not. She has received a five year prison sentence (and I presume a life long ban from politics) under the premises that she did not stop the fake rice deals. How she should have stopped those remains a complete mistery. She did replace the minister that ran those deals, so she certainly seemed to have done something about it. How can someone provide proof she did absolutely nothing, that is sheer impossible to provide, certainly by a Thai court, as their rulings are never sound, simply because it is not needed. 

Why do you think the rest of the world has big doubts about this trial and the conviction, and why she will not be extradited back to Thailand by anyone ? Not that the junta wants her back of course. 

Again, does that mean Yingluck is innocent, no, does it mean the ruling and verdict is suspect and invalid, yes, I fail to see how it would not be. 

Meanwhile, the people that rushed the case through, using extraordinairy powers, are criminal themselves, but cannot be touched. Yingluck has the Junta by the balls. It is that simple.

Edited by sjaak327

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

The trouble is, she was found NOT guilty in the case of "criminal neglicence" she was found guilty on the following grounds:

Sorry but this is very very questionable. And of course this trial was politically motivated. Including use of article 44 to confiscate belongings of the defendant WELL before she even was found guilty. And the rest of the world sees it as politically motivated, judging from pretty each and every foreign (and national) new articles. The reason why they see it as politically motivated, because the evidence for it is so overwhelming it cannot be denied.

Does this mean Yingluck is not guilty as charged ? No, does it make the conviction useless, you bet your ass it does ...

As I said before, the Junta cannot do anything right, this trial and the subsequent "escape " from Yingluck are just one example of their utter incompetence.

Rest assured, after they are finally gone, the damage to the state coffers will be a multitude of what the rice scheme did "cost". And unless there is another coup, no-one will ever be held accountable. 

This point, further invalidates Yingluck's conviction of course. Justice should apply to everyone, including the NCPO and Prayuth. 

Thailands economic disaster of today. Is due to her and her brother. Stealing money from the rice scheme. And moving billons of baht out of the country, Into off shore accounts. Most of it being borrowed to pay the farmers. That were owed, "Which never happened" And the loans have yet to be paid back. Bankrupting Thailand. And causing many of its people. To look in trash dumpsters for their next meal.

7 minutes ago, tedburna said:

Thailands economic disaster of today. Is due to her and her brother. Stealing money from the rice scheme. And moving billons of baht out of the country, Into off shore accounts. Most of it being borrowed to pay the farmers. That were owed, "Which never happened" And the loans have yet to be paid back. Bankrupting Thailand. And causing many of its people. To look in trash dumpsters for their next meal.

I am waiting for you to provide yet a single piece of evidence that Yingluck benefitted from corruption. There has not been anything brought to the table at her trial. Meanwhile the Junta, whom seized power illegally ran a deficit in the first 6 months alone, that was higher than the alleged costs of the rice scheme. No mandate, no accountability and no chance they ever going to face trial. If Thailand is going towards an economic disaster, you should look at Prayuth and not to Yingluck. 

Edited by sjaak327

6 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

I am waiting for you to provide yet a single piece of evidence that Yingluck benefitted from corruption. There has not been anything brought to the table at her trial. Meanwhile the Junta, whom seized power illegally ran a deficit in the first 6 months alone, that was higher than the alleged costs of the rice scheme. No mandate, no accountability and no chance they ever going to face trial. If Thailand is going towards an economic disaster, you should look at Prayuth and not to Yingluck. 

Why would anyone bother supplying you with evidence when you make outlandish claims without any support and claim they are gospel?

2 minutes ago, halloween said:

Why would anyone bother supplying you with evidence when you make outlandish claims without any support and claim they are gospel?

What outlandish claims are we talking about. The amnesty of the Junta ? Read the interim charter, it is in black and white. The only claims we see on a daily basis are your claims, claims for which precious little evidence actually exists. 

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

What outlandish claims are we talking about. The amnesty of the Junta ? Read the interim charter, it is in black and white. The only claims we see on a daily basis are your claims, claims for which precious little evidence actually exists. 

In the last few posts, i see any number of them, all highly biased opinion. What I don't see is links, or anything to support your biased views.

While it your right to not like the junta government, it is a fact they are the government of this country and have been for some time. Claiming that every action they undertake lacks legitimacy, especially in the counter corruption endeavours is ridiculous. They have certainly uncovered and prosecuted far more corruption during their term than Yingluk's highly publicised non-effort, even though it irks you that much of it was by elected officials and their cronies.

2 minutes ago, halloween said:

In the last few posts, i see any number of them, all highly biased opinion. What I don't see is links, or anything to support your biased views.

While it your right to not like the junta government, it is a fact they are the government of this country and have been for some time. Claiming that every action they undertake lacks legitimacy, especially in the counter corruption endeavours is ridiculous. They have certainly uncovered and prosecuted far more corruption during their term than Yingluk's highly publicised non-effort, even though it irks you that much of it was by elected officials and their cronies.

Is it ? Did you forget how they came to power, and did you forget that there are no checks and balances whatsoever. Meanwhile any hint of corruption undertaken by them is crushed by arrest and attitude adjustments. If they are so good and true to the cause as you claim, why is there even an amnesty needed for future crimes ? The answer to that question will set you free eventually.

I made no outlandish claims, that they are above the law is enshrined into the interim constitution they themselves drafted. The deficit has been published by numerous Thai newspapers. God only knows how big the deficit is right now, but reports about their reserves being depleted does not bode well. 

Let's also not forget that the corruption index for Thailand has worsened under the Junta watch. What we do see is purely window dressing. They are not here to stop corruption, they are here to prevent democracy from meddling with their paymasters interests. The "approved" consitution which is still being worked on, is the best proof of this. It simply cannot be denied that it will give extraordinairy powers to a senate, of which no members are actually elected. 

Elections in 2018 or whenever don't really matter. That is what they have done. I hope they won't get away with it, but am afraid it will take blood to rectify. 

It saddens me that seemingly educated westerners are falling for this bullshit, you should know better. Educated in how democracy should work, yet you seem to be ok with what these people are doing. 

I know that the Shinawatras are crooks, but I also know these people are a few notches worse, and I rather have a crooked PM that can be voted out, than this lot. 

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Is it ? Did you forget how they came to power, and did you forget that there are no checks and balances whatsoever. Meanwhile any hint of corruption undertaken by them is crushed by arrest and attitude adjustments. If they are so good and true to the cause as you claim, why is there even an amnesty needed for future crimes ? The answer to that question will set you free eventually.

I made no outlandish claims, that they are above the law is enshrined into the interim constitution they themselves drafted. The deficit has been published by numerous Thai newspapers. God only knows how big the deficit is right now, but reports about their reserves being depleted does not bode well. 

Let's also not forget that the corruption index for Thailand has worsened under the Junta watch. What we do see is purely window dressing. They are not here to stop corruption, they are here to prevent democracy from meddling with their paymasters interests. The "approved" consitution which is still being worked on, is the best proof of this. It simply cannot be denied that it will give extraordinairy powers to a senate, of which no members are actually elected. 

Elections in 2018 or whenever don't really matter. That is what they have done. I hope they won't get away with it, but am afraid it will take blood to rectify. 

It saddens me that seemingly educated westerners are falling for this bullshit, you should know better. Educated in how democracy should work, yet you seem to be ok with what these people are doing. 

I know that the Shinawatras are crooks, but I also know these people are a few notches worse, and I rather have a crooked PM that can be voted out, than this lot. 

So ignore the infrastructure investment, rather than hundreds of billions of baht being paid to cronies and wasted, which will help the nation in the long run? Base your argument on a perception index, which you don't bother to link, and keep making claims of corruption with absolutely no backing.

What you won't refer to is the lack of popular discontent.

7 minutes ago, halloween said:

So ignore the infrastructure investment, rather than hundreds of billions of baht being paid to cronies and wasted, which will help the nation in the long run? Base your argument on a perception index, which you don't bother to link, and keep making claims of corruption with absolutely no backing.

What you won't refer to is the lack of popular discontent.

It does not matter, they have no right to make any investment, they don't represent the people of Thailand in any way shape or form. 

Whether or not billions of baht are currently being paid to cronies and wasted, we cannot know, as transparancy and checks and balances are completely absent. If history is any guidance, the amount of wasted money will most likely dwarf the rice scheme. But for that, one needs to study history. Not just one side of the history but all sides. Come back when you finally mastered that. 

You are supporting people that have a clear history of corruption. Why do you think the assest declarations could not be followed through ? Threats of attitude adjustments and arrests was all that was needed to put a stop to that. Or in other words, how can mere generals be so rich. The answer is clear to anyone that has a little bit of knowledge of Thailand. Because history tells that story. The fact that you seem unaware of this, says it all. 

Edited by sjaak327

Just now, sjaak327 said:

It does not matter, they have no right to make any investment, they don't represent the people of Thailand in any way shape or form. 

Whether or not billions of baht are currently being paid to cronies and wasted, we cannot know, as transparancy and checks and balances are completely absent. If history is any guidance, the amount of wasted money will most likely dwarf the rice scheme. But for that, one needs to study history. Not just one side of the history but all sides. Come back when you finally mastered that. 

And you persist with the ridiculous statement " they have no right to make any investment, they don't represent the people of Thailand in any way shape or form."

They are the government, your disapproval is totally irrelevant, get over it.

15 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Thats like saying Hillary Clinton is better then Donald Trump! 

5 minutes ago, halloween said:

And you persist with the ridiculous statement " they have no right to make any investment, they don't represent the people of Thailand in any way shape or form."

They are the government, your disapproval is totally irrelevant, get over it.

Sure, of course it isn't a ridiculous statement, it is the truth. 

They do not represent the people of Thailand, the fact that they are the government of Thailand is a direct result of them breaking the law. Funny how you scream about the law each and every day, but let this one pass. 

You screaming about the Shinawatras allegedgly breaking the law, and giving the other side a free pass, disqualifies you, nothing more and nothing less. Your position is simply unatainable. 

Enough, I don't wish to engage into conversation with people that can't even admit to this.

Edited by sjaak327

7 minutes ago, tedburna said:

Thats like saying Hillary Clinton is better then Donald Trump! 

Well, both stand for elections, and of course Hillary is heaps better than Trump. Trump is a downright idiot. 

The point I was trying to make was that both in this case are not above the law and can be impeached. Try to do that with Prayuth.

Edited by sjaak327

27 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

Interpol asked to issue Blue Notice on Yingluck

in Breaking News, Crime | September 30, 2017 | (158 views) | By Chalarntorn Yothasmutra

There may be a slight problem ...

Article 3

(Interpol Constitution)

It is strictly forbidden for the Organization to undertake any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character.

Of course, Interpol lawyers will have to decide whether or not Article 3 applies in the case of an ex-PM convicted in the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions under a military government.

Not an easy decision for them to make.:whistling:

Edited by chickenslegs
Tried to re-size the text - failed

15 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Well, both stand for elections, and of course Hillary is heaps better than Trump. Trump is a downright idiot. 

The point I was trying to make was that both in this case are not above the law and can be impeached. Try to do that with Prayuth.

Well I guess both Hillary and Yingluck,  Broke the law. but only Hillary got away with it. I see your point.

2 minutes ago, tedburna said:

Well I guess both Hillary and Yingluck,  Broke the law. but only Hillary got away with it. I see your point.

I think guessing is not your best quality. Both Hillary and Yingluck were accountable, Prayuth is not. And it is Prayuth who broke the law and gets away with it. Pay attention please.

2 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

38 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Slim chance, the senate is controlled by the military. They don't even have to stage a coup anymore, unless some loophole is found. 

As you said above...

Ok i dont know if she was guilty or not If she was well she deserves to be punished. I was not here at the time when all this happened. But i think ok she went to court what about all those other people in government posts who used kids for sex, ( The girl who blew the whistle has disappeared) why are they not going to court? That case has been hushed over and surely that crime is bigger than what this lady has done Nobody mixed up in that have even been charged

Proves to me the whole justice system is corrupt in Thailand Also we all know that red Bull guy will never go to court because grandad sends big envelops over to the right people who helped him get away. This people are in high places not small fish.