snoop1130

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, halloween said:

IMHO not having any corrupt Thai politician / cop  / government official left would be a great idea. To do that you would have to make sure that no Shinawatra is ever elected again.

Yeah   --  if Thaksin  was so bad why do people still support him.   I would bet that more people  would vote for him tomorrow than the government in power now.    Thaksin is the one who started the 30 Bt.  medical insurance plan which gave  all Thai people free medical .      The government in power now wants to cut those benefits.   You tell me who was / is doing more for the people.  Like I said,  if you get rid of all corrupt officials there will be no government at all.   "You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook"   Quote by Harry Truman ..      How many poor politicians can you name from any country --  world over.  They are all corrupt to some extent but  Thaksin did help the poor people / all Thai people  --  that is where he got his votes.    

53 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:

Yeah   --  if Thaksin  was so bad why do people still support him.   I would bet that more people  would vote for him tomorrow than the government in power now.    Thaksin is the one who started the 30 Bt.  medical insurance plan which gave  all Thai people free medical .      The government in power now wants to cut those benefits.   You tell me who was / is doing more for the people.  Like I said,  if you get rid of all corrupt officials there will be no government at all.   "You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook"   Quote by Harry Truman ..      How many poor politicians can you name from any country --  world over.  They are all corrupt to some extent but  Thaksin did help the poor people / all Thai people  --  that is where he got his votes.    

Those policies for the poor were the reason why the establishment felt threatened and he has to go. For any government to survive, you need to be submissive to the establishment like Ahbisit government. 

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sure 'it was an honest mistake, I didn't read the law because nobody does, so it's not fair'.

At least she had to take the law into consideration..........

Why don't you guys stop talking about the law ? it does not apply to everyone involved. It becomes very annoying having to read your ramblings about how (insert Shinawatra) didn't follow the law, yet never actually complain about how the current regime is well above the law, because they abolished the law and replaced it with their own. These people are far worse criminals than the Shinawatras. And without any checks and balances or even a way to send them packing.

Edited by sjaak327

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Diversions again Eric, But but but Suthep.

So what sentenced do you think the disgraced former commerce minister, protege of the large Shin sister, and convicted fraudster should have received?

Nothing. as long as this country is run by criminals that are untoucheable, no-one should be put on trial. the cornerstone of justice is not being met in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Certainly, I can name several. Abhisit, Korn, Sudarat.

Please don't ask me to name corrupt politicians, I don't have the time.

Those former 2 will never be charged although they have been accused of corruption in the 42B strong Thailand projects. Korn have to resign to avoid those allegations. Sudarat still has a outstanding corruption case with NACC. Don't spend too much time as there are no clean politicians, period. 

37 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

At least she had to take the law into consideration..........

Why don't you guys stop talking about the law ? it does not apply to everyone involved. It becomes very annoying having to read your ramblings about how (insert Shinawatra) didn't follow the law, yet never actually complain about how the current regime is well above the law, because they abolished the law and replaced it with their own. These people are far worse criminals than the Shinawatras. And without any checks and balances or even a way to send them packing.

When you are supporting criminals, there is nothing left to but to denigrate the justice system.

35 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Those former 2 will never be charged although they have been accused of corruption in the 42B strong Thailand projects. Korn have to resign to avoid those allegations. Sudarat still has a outstanding corruption case with NACC. Don't spend too much time as there are no clean politicians, period. 

Why don't you give us some links, then we can decide the credibility of your claims?

Would this be one of them?http://pattayatoday.net/news/thailand-news/nacc-finds-no-evidence-to-act-on-sudarat/

Edited by halloween

2 hours ago, halloween said:

Let me correct you. The STATED aim was to help the poorest farmers, but it did no such thing. The poorest farmers EAT the rice they grow. Less poor farmers suffered from the lack of a rent freeze and price increases which nullified any gain they may have made. OTOH the lack of input limits meant that those wealthy farmers with large farms got most of the small percentage that went to actual farmers.

I don't care what they di in the EU, this was an electoral bribe and a scam in Thailand.

Yingluk was a puppet fro a criminal. Tell me why I should have sympathy for someone whose purpose is to enable crime to flourish?

Enjoy your beer.

I will enjoy my beer. You enjoy your bittenerness and anger.  I know who will end the day happier.

But i willend with this observation. As you stated that you dont care what they did in the EU it shows me that you simple dismiss anything that doesn't fit with your narrative or worldview. And that my friend shows you have a vert closed mind. 

Now where is that ice.

Edited by jonclark

36 minutes ago, halloween said:

When you are supporting criminals, there is nothing left to but to denigrate the justice system.

Trouble reading ? I am not supporting criminals at all, I am pointing out that you guys scream criminals when (insert Shinawatra) is concerned, yet say nohting about the blatant criminals running the show currently. I am NOT supporting Yingluck or Thaksin, I am pointing out that they have been convicted by a justice system that cannot touch others. Again a cornerstone of justice is not being met, hence there is no justice system in Thailand. And that is a fact no-one can hide from. 

Funny you should accuse me of supporting criminals, as you are very very obviously supporting the Junta, and like it or not, they are most definitely criminals. The only reason they will not be convicted is because they exempted themselves from prosecution. 

The sad fact is, I am not the one denigrating the justice system, Prayuth and co did the minute they threw away the constitution and replaced it with one that includes a far reaching amnesty for NCPO members and their allies. 

Edited by sjaak327

22 minutes ago, halloween said:

Why don't you give us some links, then we can decide the credibility of your claims?

Would this be one of them?http://pattayatoday.net/news/thailand-news/nacc-finds-no-evidence-to-act-on-sudarat/

I always thought you are Khun Know All judging from the volume of work in TVF. Don't want to spoil the thrill of researching and find out the facts before you post. 

29 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I always thought you are Khun Know All judging from the volume of work in TVF. Don't want to spoil the thrill of researching and find out the facts before you post. 

So you were wrong as so often but can't admit it so you deflect. 

4 hours ago, halloween said:

Certainly, I can name several. Abhisit, Korn, Sudarat.

Please don't ask me to name corrupt politicians, I don't have the time.

Sorry Abhisit, Korn where implicate in the GT200 scam, you know the one where your hero said the GT200's worked but his men where either too tired or badly trained. Yet across the globe the UK Gov and MOD proved they where a load of rubbish and did not work. The UK courts convicted Mr Gary Bolton for selling bogus equipment based on novelty golf ball finder. He got 10 years for that did he not. But you have to smile as his sales here where a lot more and at a higher price that he obtained in Iraq. So Thais had to pay almost twice the price as a few back pockets had to be filled, I think that is corruption at work don,t you?

If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth – politics

A new pair of blinkers for xmas then.

10 hours ago, 321Rich said:

Yingluck is hunkered down somewhere in London -- right now -- working on her "Political Asylum Papers." Stay tuned for the seemingly never ending saga of "Where's Waldo!" Only in this case it is "Where's Yingluck."

Somehow with the press as it is there I do not think she is in the country, nothing in the papers or in the news. The press there are like bloodhounds and they do not have stupid laws like some to have to adhere to. They smell something they print it or say it as they have freedom of speech, unlike some country's I can think of. There is also no commie leader to upset.

But time will tell, I hope she is there and safe.

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Sorry Abhisit, Korn where implicate in the GT200 scam, you know the one where your hero said the GT200's worked but his men where either too tired or badly trained. Yet across the globe the UK Gov and MOD proved they where a load of rubbish and did not work. The UK courts convicted Mr Gary Bolton for selling bogus equipment based on novelty golf ball finder. He got 10 years for that did he not. But you have to smile as his sales here where a lot more and at a higher price that he obtained in Iraq. So Thais had to pay almost twice the price as a few back pockets had to be filled, I think that is corruption at work don,t you?

If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth – politics

A new pair of blinkers for xmas then.

Do you think Thaksin was implicated in the GT200 scam? Or do you mindlessly repeat the red propaganda without thinking ?

".... some 818 GT200 units were procured by Thai public bodies since 2004. "

".... the Royal Thai Air Force first procured the GT200 to detect explosives and drugs at airports, followed by the army in 2006."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GT200

" Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva ordered scientific tests of the GT200 in February 2010 to verify its claimed effectiveness. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_6_(device)

4 minutes ago, halloween said:

Do you think Thaksin was implicated in the GT200 scam? Or do you mindlessly repeat the red propaganda without thinking ?

".... the Royal Thai Air Force first procured the GT200 to detect explosives and drugs at airports, followed by the army in 2006."

" Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva ordered scientific tests of the GT200 in February 2010 to verify its claimed effectiveness. "

OCD

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Let me guess, you have no links, or the one on Sudarat has been superceded, and those for Abhisit and Korn show charges lodged by Tarit (aka the PTP stooge).

9 hours ago, halloween said:

More obfuscation (and brown-nosing) Eric? Removing Boonsong didn't stop the ongoing deals, did it? It didn't stop her favourite dodgy rice dealer from filling his pockets, and if he ever decides to talk about who he was paying kickbacks to, you're going to have your work cut out for you.

Supreme Court does not involve juries, and an 8-1 decision leaves little doubt of guilt

Ha Ha, that's a good one, it's as if you believe there is any kind of justice in Thailand, you have been there haven't you?

8 hours ago, jonclark said:

Absolutely, But corruption in Thailand is as endemic as ice in your beer, its the proverbial grease that makes the cogs of power turn.  Remove the ice and the beer becomes unpalatable and flat, remove corruption and things will grind to a halt. That is just the way it works. 

The aim was to raise the living standards of the poor, those who have been overlooked for so many years by the ruling classes - lest we forget they too have been happily skimming from the top for many, many decades without any moral qualms whatsoever over the  guilt or innocence of their actions, cause that' show it works here. - in itself she was right to pursue that policy which was effectively a large agricultural subsidy. The principle was subsiding the cost of the rice so farmers got a better price. Certainly not unique and a well proven way to rack up huge losses to the taxpayer. In the EU, CAP accounts for somewhere in the region of 30% of the entire annual EU budget. UK farms get somewhere like $300 per hectare for cultivated land. Agricultural subsidies are a great way to lose money...but they keep farmers viable and happy(ish).

Yinglucks downfall, imo, was she also wasn't experienced enough to be PM - before she was PM she was a complete political novice with no experience whatsoever - kinda like Trump. As such she was entirely dependent on those around her for advice and support and when all and sundry jumped on the bandwagon to get their nose in the trough of corruption, well that was her undoing coupled with the establishments dislike of those pesky outsiders taking a bigger slice of the corruption pie than they were able to.

In 5, 10,  15 years down the line it will be a new name..more corruption from a failed subsidy policy and the same old machinations. 

Anyway, I'm off to put some ice in my beer now. Enjoy.   

Fair comment except for "ice in your beer"? gross, unless you like watery beer :shock1:

On 28/09/2017 at 2:35 PM, snoop1130 said:

Paetongtarn breaks silence after Yingluck’s sentence

By The Nation

eb488a576ca33afea84e017f987d73a7.jpeg

A member of the Shinawatra clan on Thursday broke her silence via an Instagram message, saying: “If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth – politics.”...

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-28

Not quite sure Paetongtarn has translated that correctly to Thai in her Instagram post.

Her Thai translation is “If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes politics.”

No mention of the 'truth'.

8 hours ago, halloween said:

Did you not know the wiki can be edited by anyone

try reading the UK court files

Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva ordered scientific tests of the GT200 in February 2010 to verify its claimed effectiveness. "

And your hero said they worked but his men where either too tired to use them or badly trained, that info is available here on TV if you look. FACT On Record

he and your hero got a mention but not in good terms in the court

Why did they cost so much, was it because the idiots who purchased them got backhanders

I did not see Thai try to get their money back under the compensation plan, was that because of the difference in price paid to price said to be paid

But what do you expect in Asia's 3rd most corrupt country Fact Again by Forbes.

I do get so fed up with people who try and pull wool over peoples eyes.

“If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth – politics.”...

Very Very True around here, but only with those who have low intelligence.

Edited by wakeupplease

3 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Did you not know the wiki can be edited by anyone

try reading the UK court files

Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva ordered scientific tests of the GT200 in February 2010 to verify its claimed effectiveness. "

And your hero said they worked but his men where either too tired to use them or badly trained, that info is available here on TV if you look. FACT On Record

he and your hero got a mention but not in good terms in the court

Why did they cost so much, was it because the idiots who purchased them got backhanders

I did not see Thai try to get their money back under the compensation plan, was that because of the difference in price paid to price said to be paid

But what do you expect in Asia's 3rd most corrupt country Fact Again by Forbes.

I do get so fed up with people who try and pull wool over peoples eyes.

“If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth – politics.”...

Very Very True around here, but only with those who have low intelligence.

Keep repeating then, and whatever you do, don't supply links to back your claims.