Toddler shoots two children at Michigan home

webfact

5 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

Yes, it's because we have something called the Second Amendment. Bad things happen in free countries. One can always choose to live in other, more heavily regulated countries like Singapore if that is more to their liking. The basic problem in the United States is lack of accountability- from top to bottom.

agreed, the kid should get life!!

With full respect to all the amendments to keep, bear, display, enjoy firearms etc. etc....why on earth have firearms hanging around where there are kids?...I just never will understand....no amount of training will prevent accidental discharges from small childred....and above all why on earth to have those weapons loaded ?

13 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

With full respect to all the amendments to keep, bear, display, enjoy firearms etc. etc....why on earth have firearms hanging around where there are kids?...I just never will understand....no amount of training will prevent accidental discharges from small childred....and above all why on earth to have those weapons loaded ?

you cant execute a petty burglar with an unloaded gun!!

7 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

...The basic problem in the United States is lack of accountability- from top to bottom.

I'll give you double points for that one.

I'm in the U.S.  Have guns, grew up with them around.  Responsible people didn't allow wee children to access them, or knives or other potentially hazardous objects.   Then, at a relatively young age, we were taught to use them under supervision.  They were used to shoot targets or vermin. I got my own first gun when I was about 13 or 14 years old.  No problems.

On 9/29/2017 at 2:39 AM, DLang said:

... What a disgusting culture and society they've got over there. 

555.  You must be from one of those places where your shit don't stink. 

Come on over to the U.S. sometime.  I'll show you around.  Take you out to the country and have you meet some farmers and small-town people.  Maybe even get in some shooting on marauding coyotes or a rabid animal or two. We could even go to Chicago, which is the largest densely populated shooting range in the country.

And we could visit Dearborn, Michigan where this occurred. It's not as bad as St. Louis or Baltimore, but the perps are trying.

Edited by Damrongsak

On 9/29/2017 at 12:37 PM, boomerangutang said:

US rednecks will still stand and say the 2nd Amendment protects the right of ALL Americans (yes, even toddlers) to wield guns.   .....even tho the 2nd Amendment was only referring to local militias with smoothbore muskets.    Right Wingers have twisted the 2nd Amendment to appear to provide rights which it doesn't provide.   The same mega-easily-duped people who voted for Trump, are the same mega-easily-duped people who believe the 2nd Amendment asserts something it doesn't state.   

Not sure Detroit contains any white people these days ...... no rednecks to blame.

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Not much point having a gun for defense if it isn't readily available and loaded.

Excuse me Mr. Home Invader while I unlock my hidden gun safe and load my gun, I'll be right back.

Now a gun you keep for OFFENSE, perfectly reasonable to keep it locked and unloaded, you know in advance when you will be using it.

On 9/29/2017 at 1:37 PM, Andaman Al said:

Now that's a good point at the end. I guess one round would be sufficient with a small child to exit one and enter the other. I guess we will be given the details soon enough when the lobbying arm of the NRA make sure everyone has the story straight.

Yep, get the story straight, it goes like this every time;

The gun did nothing wrong whatever, blame the kid who used it'

Always ignoring that if guns weren't easily available then no shooting would have taken place.

Another posted quickly stated that the babysitter should be charged with criminal negligence.

If the babysitter was doing a casual job how would she/he even know that a handgun was easily accessible?

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

If the babysitter was doing a casual job how would she/he even know that a handgun was easily accessible?

Babysitter is paid to watch the baby.

If baby can take out a gun, babysitter isn't watching.

On 10/1/2017 at 3:05 AM, AYJAYDEE said:

Well there is the issue with the mindset and why nothing can change. YOU cannot execute anyone! You may use a fire arm to defend yourself and your family, but if the burglar is no threat to you and your family, you cannot 'execute' him. Remember if you do, you will be going straight to hell :wink: with that Right wing rule obsessed God of yours.

On 10/1/2017 at 3:05 AM, AYJAYDEE said:

On 10/1/2017 at 7:56 AM, MaeJoMTB said:

Not much point having a gun for defense if it isn't readily available and loaded.

Excuse me Mr. Home Invader while I unlock my hidden gun safe and load my gun, I'll be right back.

Now a gun you keep for OFFENSE, perfectly reasonable to keep it locked and unloaded, you know in advance when you will be using it.

Use a 9mm. Magazine on and all you have to do is cock the weapon. Easy! A young child cannot cock a 9mm.

Will that toddler get NRA's "Shooter of the Month" award? 

Not if it's the same month as the Las Vegas murderer.  The Vegas shooter will get into NRA's Hall of Fame.   Wow, 57 killed in 11 minutes.   What an amazing gunman!   .....and gun and ammo sales always skyrocket after a mass shooting.   ....same with bumb-stock conversion kits, after the Vegas shootings.   Smiles all around at gun-lovers' conventions.