Buying coffee beans in Pattaya?

soistalker

22 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Learned to drink instant a week after I got here...a little tough at first but well worth it.

I drink Nescafe Gold now in the mornings. As nice as the Coffee bean Ground Coffee is (and I agree with the Benjamit rec's).

Alas, the Ground Coffee didn't agree with me, perhaps you're not supposed to drink two large mugs of it?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Benjamit's beans come from Chiang Rai. I've been buying the Vienna Roast Arabica for years. It's the one for 140 baht/250g. I only ever found something a bit better and that is at Brain Wake Cafe (Bangkok, end of the soi 33 from Sukhumvit). But 250 baht per 250g bags (but not very well sealed, though). Benjamit recently has been using a re-sealable lined paper bag. Best beans, best bag. 

I've bought nearly all the brands of pre-ground coffee in the supermarkets. Not one worthy, IMHO. Don't know about Friendship's coffees though, only because Benjamit is nearby.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

On 9/29/2017 at 12:16 PM, balo said:

Actually coffee beans are everywhere, in any supermarket so surprised you have not seen them . 

Ground coffee is very easy to find.  Whole bean coffee is usually sold only in the coffee shops like Bon Cafe.  You'll pay half the price at Bon Cafe than at the food store.

2 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Ground coffee is very easy to find.  Whole bean coffee is usually sold only in the coffee shops like Bon Cafe.  You'll pay half the price at Bon Cafe than at the food store.

Yet more  coffee Bull shit. :coffee1:

The Polar Bear is right. 

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes I bought a large bag today and they ground them for me.

Dark roast!

Look up Coffman Coffee.  They only make one style and it comes from Chang Mai.  It's a bit more than Bon Cafe but it was so good that I switched.  Bon Cafe however, does have more variety.

Edited by TonyClifton

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Yet more  coffee Bull shit. :coffee1:

The Polar Bear is right. 

Normally I might find something acerbic or witty to reply to this silly notion.  I, however, will opt for a perfectly brewed espresso from my 10-year-old Saeco Automatic Odea Go purchased from Bon Cafe in Naklua.  I'm brewing Coffman Coffee these days.  Damn it's good.

Note: Please substitute the words "virtual pulling" for the word "brewed."  

Edited by TonyClifton

16 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Normally I might find something acerbic or witty to reply to this silly notion.  I, however, will opt for a perfectly brewed espresso from my 10-year-old Saeco Automatic Odea Go purchased from Bon Cafe in Naklua.  I'm brewing Coffman Coffee these days.  Damn it's good.

Note: Please substitute the words "virtual pulling" for the word "brewed."  

You made this statement and it's bullshit.

Go out and have a look,   coffee beans in loads of shops.

On 10/1/2017 at 6:45 PM, TonyClifton said:

Whole bean coffee is usually sold only in the coffee shops like Bon Cafe.

Nonsense. 

Big C sell beans, Tops sell beans , Friendship sell beans, even Tesco Lotus. 

I suggest you go out more. 

If I sit in Benjamit I find drinking the expresso coffee far too sharp for my taste. Although I bring Vietnamese coffee with me from Algerian Coffee Stores in London, does anybody know if there is anywhere in Patts where Vietnamese coffee can be purchased?

The best espresso ( real short creamy espresso) that you can make here is from Nespresso capsule.  20thb for 1 capsule and they delivery to you for free. I order mine with the nespresso application from the phone in about 2 min. Very simple.    I have tried the espresso in Benjamit and I don’t think is good. When the espresso is nice is creamy on top and when you put the sugar the cream hold the sugar for sometime. That one is an italian espresso. 

Edited by marino28

1 hour ago, marino28 said:

The best espresso ( real short creamy espresso) that you can make here is from Nespresso capsule.  20thb for 1 capsule and they delivery to you for free. I order mine with the nespresso application from the phone in about 2 min. Very simple.    I have tried the espresso in Benjamit and I don’t think is good. When the espresso is nice is creamy on top and when you put the sugar the cream hold the sugar for sometime. That one is an italian espresso. 

After 22 years of working with the Wooden-Tops

the only thing you put with coffee is hot water.

the rest is bull shit :jap:

12 hours ago, SheungWan said:

If I sit in Benjamit I find drinking the expresso coffee far too sharp for my taste. Although I bring Vietnamese coffee with me from Algerian Coffee Stores in London, does anybody know if there is anywhere in Patts where Vietnamese coffee can be purchased?

I've looked in the past. The only place I know is in Bangkok. There's a major Vietnamese commercial coffee brand, Trung Nguyen, sold in the Trendy Building, Suk soi 13. Various flavours. Not that crazy about this coffee. But then I have an apartment in Vietnam, southeast of Saigon where I can buy the most amazing Arabica for 130 baht for 250 g. I do miss the Benjamit Arabica, which is equally good. 

11 hours ago, marino28 said:

I have tried the espresso in Benjamit and I don’t think is good.

You bought the beans or ordered a cup of espresso at Benjamit ?   Nothing wrong with the beans , but lately I have noticed the taste is not the best anymore , if you buy a cup of the 60 baht coffee. Maybe the machines they use needs a good cleaning , I don't know. 

I only buy the beans there now, 

7 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I've looked in the past. The only place I know is in Bangkok. There's a major Vietnamese commercial coffee brand, Trung Nguyen, sold in the Trendy Building, Suk soi 13. Various flavours. Not that crazy about this coffee. But then I have an apartment in Vietnam, southeast of Saigon where I can buy the most amazing Arabica for 130 baht for 250 g. I do miss the Benjamit Arabica, which is equally good. 

The coffee I bring with me:

Premium Blend 100% Vietnamese coffee.

The coffee is grown in red soils, 700m above sea level, near Buon Ma Thout in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. It is then blended and roasted in HO Chi Minh City. Using local growers and roasters ensures the authenticity of the coffee and helps support the local economy. Roasted with sugar and vanilla this coffee is sweet, nutty and chocolatey to taste.

13 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The coffee I bring with me:

Premium Blend 100% Vietnamese coffee.

The coffee is grown in red soils, 700m above sea level, near Buon Ma Thout in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. It is then blended and roasted in HO Chi Minh City. Using local growers and roasters ensures the authenticity of the coffee and helps support the local economy. Roasted with sugar and vanilla this coffee is sweet, nutty and chocolatey to taste.

A lot of coffee in VN seems to have these flavours. I like pure, unadulterated coffee. 

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Kopi Luwak is the best I  have had

The cat poop coffee from the Indonesian Civet cat.

You can get it at Chatuchak market 1500 b a bag.

Super tasty and full flavored.

They charge 18.50 pounds for 100 gram for that at the ACS in London.

22 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

What is the quantity in the Chatuchak market bag? 1500b for 200g?

It was not much a small bag.  The guy has a small shop there and I probably could not find it again.

He usually makes a fresh Chiang Mai  coffee for customers, but had the Kopi Luwak in limited supply.

2 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

A lot of coffee in VN seems to have these flavours. I like pure, unadulterated coffee. 

Very strange indeed. So if you buy coffee beans in VN they are all full of sugar ? 

1 hour ago, balo said:

Very strange indeed. So if you buy coffee beans in VN they are all full of sugar ? 

I don't know because I don't drink the Viet ca phe sua da (iced coffee with sweetened milk) or ca phe den (black). Too much of Viet coffee is flavoured in some way.

On 10/3/2017 at 10:54 PM, balo said:

You bought the beans or ordered a cup of espresso at Benjamit ?   Nothing wrong with the beans , but lately I have noticed the taste is not the best anymore , if you buy a cup of the 60 baht coffee. Maybe the machines they use needs a good cleaning , I don't know. 

I only buy the beans there now, 

i ordered a cup of espresso