Good Places to eat lower Sukhumvit

stament

I need to go to the passport application centre on Soi 13 so am staying at the Movenpick nearby with my wife for one night. Keen to go to Somboon restaurant but that seems a bit of a trek. Can anyone recommend any good authentic thai places to eat not too far away. I have googled and seen a few but am interested in more recent recommendations.

Nice romantic places as well as normal p,aces including any decent street food would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

19 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

The Sofitel Sukhumvit between Soi 13 and 15 has a very nice French bistro on the top floor. Right next to the bistro is a rooftop bar with a great view of bangkok. It doesn't get crowded unless the French expats are having a bash on the night you go 

Thanks for the rooftop bar tip, althougn we will give the french bistro a body swerve?

Any other rooftop bars with good views in the vacinity?

1 hour ago, gjoo888 said:

There's a Somboon Restaurant in the Central Embassy Mall, not far from Soi 13-15 at all. I haven't been to that location, but if it's anything close to the Somboon's I have been to, it's well worth the money.

oh great, thanks for the tip, we will go there 

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Cabbages and Condoms soi 12. Good food for a good cause. And romantic. The food court at Terminal 21 is cheap and good.

I like being the only farang eating with the office workers at lunch at the food court in Ploenchit Center. Authentigest! 5555

thanksgiving nthe tips, read that c & c dumbs down the food for farangs otherwise that could have been an option as we want authentic only.

Was planning on visiting terminal 21, last time I went to a big food court near pratanum which was quite good.

20 minutes ago, stament said:

Thanks for the rooftop bar tip, althougn we will give the french bistro a body swerve?

Any other rooftop bars with good views in the vacinity?

Above 11 at the bottom of Sukhumvit Soi 11 is a great rooftop bar with a great view and they also have a Peruvian? restaurant and an Indian restaurant. 

39 minutes ago, stament said:

thanksgiving nthe tips, read that c & c dumbs down the food for farangs otherwise that could have been an option as we want authentic only.

Was planning on visiting terminal 21, last time I went to a big food court near pratanum which was quite good.

I've eaten at C & C with a number of Thai friends - all have really enjoyed it - it's not really dumbed down as such, just maybe higher quality cuts of meat. 

2 hours ago, stament said:

Sorry but I beg to differ. Not sure where you read that but food at Cabbages and Condoms has always been top notch, high-end but authentic. For a special kind of night out, I strongly recommend you try it. IF you want really, really local food, there is a Thai food area for the workers kind of behind C&C. The workers are mostly from the PDA - Population Development Association, Thailand largest NGO/non-profit and creator of C&C as a social experiment and fundraiser.

11 hours ago, elgenon said:

The Thai women I have taken have enjoyed the food and ambiance but were a shocked at the condoms on the wall and the condom Santa. I had to explain the mission of the owner.

The one I took asked me:  what's a condom?

That was our last date......

Edited by bkk6060