Pattaya as Miami? You're 'aving a laugh suggests Thai media.

rooster59

Pattaya as Miami? You're 'aving a laugh suggests Thai media.

22008218_1665874670100127_1318459423467580861_n.jpg

Sophon Cable TV, that has been highly critical of the mess in Pattaya in the last month, poured scorn on suggestions this week that Pattaya ranks alongside such holiday luminaries as Miami.

After photo-shopped pictures of pristine beaches, clutter free sidewalks and no hanging wires went viral online, Sophon came up with their own collection of images snapped in one corner of the resort.

And these, they said, presented the reality of what tourists will find in Pattaya.

The pictures showed:

22046593_1665874570100137_1181611298125486095_n.jpg

* Trash including bottles and drinks containers strewn about

22046850_1665874553433472_7644282229665895495_n.jpg

* Loads of what looked like sandbags or cement piled high spoiling any view

22008105_1665874560100138_6470525514210481705_n.jpg

* Great lumps of concrete ready to catch any unwary pedestrians on the sidewalk

22045851_1665874676766793_2393216801820970100_n.jpg

* Decrepit corrugated iron huts cluttering the beach

22089639_1665874516766809_6813058146972021252_n.jpg

* Trash and flotsam and jetsam littering the sand

and finally....

22050349_1665874693433458_5393751213827208772_n.jpg

* Workers who might have been landscaping to make the place more beautiful having an extended siesta.

Sophon said that this was how Pattaya looked today.

They also mentioned on their Facebook site that since 2004 on a 3 kilometer stretch from the dolphin roundabout to Walking Street, the authorities were said to have spent 250 million baht on burying unsightly wires.

Source: Sophon Cable TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-30

More sand in those "sandbags"  than there is on the beach

Do they have Chinese kids "pooing"on the walkway in Miami ??

&

Aggresive jet ski/ motor boat morons roaming around trying to intimidate people and make them feel threatened and uncomfortable. ??

Edited by DD13
Insert

@mikebell

Sewage treatment plants,roads that dont resemble moto x tracks,intelligent traffic lights,

benches along the promenade,

public parks with those horrid things called trees and grass....a round up of soi dogs :shock1:

Edited by johng

1 hour ago, DD13 said:

More sand in those "sandbags"  than there is on the beach

Do they have Chinese kids "pooing"on the walkway in Miami ??

&

Aggresive jet ski/ motor boat morons roaming around trying to intimidate people and make them feel threatened and uncomfortable. ??

And soidogs everywhere, ladyboys who annoy bypassers, taxi's that horn to pedestrians, motobikes with open exhaustpipes, cyclists/rollerskaters inbetween pedestrians, stinking bins every 10 meter...

Pattaya atrracts the worst dregs of society. Pimps, criminals and very lowlife residents (sexpats) and a pretty sordid sex scene. Its biggest tourist attraction is its shear decadance. So how can it possibly be any thing else unless all these kind of people leave.

7 minutes ago, gamini said:

Pattaya atrracts the worst dregs of society. Pimps, criminals and very lowlife residents (sexpats) and a pretty sordid sex scene. Its biggest tourist attraction is its shear decadance. So how can it possibly be any thing else unless all these kind of people leave.

Personally, I find that fascinating. Something you don't see back home.

4 hours ago, over it said:

They're gonna need better coke.

Coke in Thailand is way sweeter and contains more sugar than elsewhere. I changed to Pepsi as it contains less sugar than Coke in Thailand..

Posted picture: Nutrician Facts USA.

undefined

Edited by PAIBKK

3 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

But Pepsi Max & Coke Light are better for you're Health....

I already have changed to beer or wine...
The taste of Max or Light sucks.

Edited by PAIBKK

It doesnt matter who the tourists are.

Pattaya gets the revenue from tourism  , and its government is tasked with making it as attractive as possible with that income.

Instead those charged with keeping the environs clean and improving things  are lazy and worthless individuals that are simply  not doing their jobs.

I've been to Miami enough times to know it's not a place where I'd want to live.  Too big, too expensive, too congested, and too dangerous.  I love an ocean view; it will cost you an arm and a leg in Miami--in high condo fees and expensive hurricane insurance, not to mention higher condo prices.  My ocean view here in Pattaya only costs me about $78 USA dollars a month in condo maintenance fees.  Same year-round warm weather as Miami but much cheaper--and a city that is more the size of what I like.   But, that's just my preference.   Different strokes for different folks.