Pattaya to Baan Chang via public transport?

Goldbear

Hi, my friend and I want to go down to Baan Chang and spend the night. He doesn't rent motorbikes. Do any of you have current information about how to get there via public transport?

Some of the old information that I saw here in Thaivisa is to catch bus 46 or 57 on Sukhumvit. Another said to take the train to Sattahip and then get a songthaew to Baan Chang. Since things change I'd appreciate current info if any of you have it. 

Thanks a lot!

baht bus from north pattaya to ban chang, may take more than 1, maybe a change at sattahip is required .

flying coffin from pattaya ( not sure where) to ban chang,  tesco.

train to phutalaung and then baht bus to ban chang, only 1 a day, arrives phutalaung 11am ish

Edited by steve187

I think the train only runs Mon-Fri. Leaves Pattaya main station (north of SSCC) at 10:35 in the morning. It doesn't go to Sattahip but terminates at Ban Plu Ta Luang which is east of Sattahip, near U-Tapao airport. Fare is 18 baht, 9 baht or 4 baht depending on class. Pretty sure there's 2-baht or 5-baht songtaews from there into BC.

Check here.

Edited by NanLaew

I am not a big fan of the "flying coffins" so I think that the train/songthaew combo would be good for the first trip. I've been wanting to try that train for a long time anyway. It's a good excuse to get on it. Thanks to both of you. Take care. 

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I think the train only runs Mon-Fri. Leaves Pattaya main station (north of SSCC) at 10:35 in the morning. It doesn't go to Sattahip but terminates at Ban Plu Ta Luang which is east of Sattahip, near U-Tapao airport. Fare is 18 baht, 9 baht or 4 baht depending on class. Pretty sure there's 2-baht or 5-baht songtaews from there into BC.

Check here.

yes i forgot mon-fri only,  there should be songtaews or tuk tuks waiting for the train at phutalaung station, maybe will take you to ban chang or at the least Kilosip ( 5 mins) and another songtaew on sukhumvit road to ban chang, never used them myself but have seen them around.

I'm not keen on keen on ''flying coffins'' either but they are the only way I can get from Nong Mon (Bangsaen) to Ban Chang.

From Pattaya to Ban Chang get a songtheow to the top of Pattaya Thai, when he stops at the top walk to the end, turn left then go over the foot bridge. M/cy taxi's at the bottom of the steps, that's where the van stops for Ban Chang.

When they ask you where are you going tell them Ban Chang, they'll most likely (in my experience) tell you when  a 57 is coming and stop it for you.

Tell the the driver you are going to Ban Chang, some times they shoot off and go the pretty way and you'll end up in Rayong!

You don't need to get off opposite Tesco Lotus, it's a bit of a walk from there, if he stops there point to the traffic lights and tell him fai (see)

deng (red light) (it works for me)

You want to be on Thetsaban 25 (soi, street), that goes down from the lights, there's a Yamaha dealership on the left corner, straight down from there and you can't miss the bars, they are all the way down there starting with the Camel bar.

Three of us went from Pattaya by taxi, at that time, two years ago, it cost us 600baht. Shop around, some quoted 800 baht!

There's a good cheap hotel on the left just before the Camel bar called the Chang Sova Hotel, google it for the prices, It's within wobbling distance of the bars.

I hope this helps, good hunting. 555.

Loz.

I keep an apartment in Ban Chang (a year and a half now)(4,000 baht a month) although I live on the dark side in Pattaya..... I have my own car so 45 minutes for me..... Once I had to take a minibus (maybe what some are calling a flying coffin)  and I can say from what other friends report that the minibusses aren't so bad..... Anyway they come from Bangkok and stop in Pattaya at Sukhumvit (south bound side_ about 100 meters south of the Pattaya Klang and Sukumvit intersection) there is a bus stop with covered benches..... The minibus will take you to  Tesco Lotus in Ban Chang.... If there are more than one of you, you might talk to the driver to drop you at the next signal light (the first of only two in Ban Chang) If he won't then walk it and at that signal go left a 2 minute walk to the Camel Bar/Restauant (most delicious British 'Cottage Pies' at CAMEL........ Camel has rooms to rent about 600 baht and  is the beginning of all the bars for the next 300 meters (going rates are about 1000 baht for short time plus 300-500 bar-fine)....... My favorite is Mam's bar on the right hand side at the end of the Bars (opposit side from the majority of bars) If you continue walking away from the signal light another 200 meters past the last bars you will find the Ban Chang Grand Hotel 400 baht a night....... Just before that hotel and on the right is Siri Apartments (modern 1 room Apts) where I keep a room at 4,000 a month........I love Ban Chang..... I spend a month in US and a month in Thailand alternately....... My next trip will have me arriving Pattaya Oct 13  to Nov 15..... I have a 4-door pickup and often take friends with me from pattaya about noon and return Pattaya about 6 pm (for free) .... feel free to PM me at ThaiVisa for more Info or if I am in Thailand (after 13 Oct) call me  on my Thai cell 09-1586-6335 (not late night) and I may be able to take you with me when I go......

On 9/30/2017 at 2:41 AM, Goldbear said:

I am not a big fan of the "flying coffins" so I think that the train/songthaew combo would be good for the first trip. I've been wanting to try that train for a long time anyway. It's a good excuse to get on it. Thanks to both of you. Take care. 

Allow the better part of a whole day, for train and other mode.......... Minivans (about 100 baht) and less than an hour from getting in and getting out at Ban Chang........ Minivans aren't that bad........ full size buses only run every few hours so wait time can be long if you don't know schedule times ..........

Thanks LoZth and Sawadeeken for great additional information. Much appreciated! The picture is becoming clear.  

We were going to go today but decided to wait for a day that's not raining as much. 

Enjoy your day. 

7 hours ago, Goldbear said:

Thanks LoZth and Sawadeeken for great additional information. Much appreciated! The picture is becoming clear.  

We were going to go today but decided to wait for a day that's not raining as much. 

Enjoy your day. 

Baan chang can be very hit and miss (I go quite often by car) I suggest you go on one of the afternoon mini bus runs from one of the bars here in Patts returning in the evening at first to get a "feel" of the place before you venture out and end up there on one of the "dead nights" :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Baan chang can be very hit and miss (I go quite often by car) I suggest you go on one of the afternoon mini bus runs from one of the bars here in Patts returning in the evening at first to get a "feel" of the place before you venture out and end up there on one of the "dead nights" :thumbsup:

It makes sense. Good nights and not so good nights are everywhere. We don't have crazy expectations about it. We just want to do something a little different. 

What mini bus runs from bars are you referring to? I've never seen that. 

Thanks. 

Pattaya Klang and Sukhumvit walk 20 feet South on Sukhumvit and you will see a bus stop.  Ask anyone for "lote Do Ban Chang"  The van will take you there in about 60 minutes.  Get off at Lotus Ban Chang and cross the street motorcycle taxi tell them "Soi Bar"  5 minutes you will be at bar.  Return motorcycle taxi soi bar tell them, "Lotut Yi"  At Lotus tell folks in the bus booth < "Lote Do Pattaya."  you will be back in Pattaya in about an hour. 

Edited by amvet

7 hours ago, Goldbear said:

It makes sense. Good nights and not so good nights are everywhere. We don't have crazy expectations about it. We just want to do something a little different. 

What mini bus runs from bars are you referring to? I've never seen that. 

Thanks. 

Every tuesday the "Honey Pot" on soi honey (coming from second rd 2/3rds of the way up to soi Buk right hand side) does a return trip 300 baht,australian guy named Al...nice fellow for an OZ that is :thumbsup:

I copied and pasted this from a MAM's Beer Bar in Ban Chang Facebook page.... It may be helpful to those in Pattaya who want a Minibus to BanChang the E-Z way................. Cheers

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mam Bar Ban Chang Rayong 
The first bus will be going Thursday 14th of September pick up time will be 1:00 clock out side Sweet heart bar in soi Buakhoa,
The bus will take you there and back it will drop you off at the same place it picked you up at about 8:30 pm so if you would like to go could you please go to Sweet heart bar and pay a fee of 300 baht leave your name and phone number that is for transportation there and back,
If you are a member of pattaya 24/7 and you have a card you will get 12 percent of your drinks that dose not count for bar fine or for lady drinks! 
If you want to stay in ban Chang I can arrange a room at a price of 550 baht a night then you will have to either get a taxi back or take the Thai bus from Tesco lotus,
To secure your spot on the bus you either pay at Sweet hearts or can pay to my bank for more information on that please private message me please finale Date you can pay will be the 12th of September, 
Ban Chang has many bars its known like soi 6 its a very friendly and fun place don't miss out on a great day and night people get booking your seats 1f60a.png?1f60a.png?1f60a.png?
For any more information please contact me thank you

Image may contain: outdoor
Image may contain: people standing and night
Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling
Image may contain: 10 people, people smiling, people standing and shoes
Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

On 10/3/2017 at 2:05 PM, Goldbear said:

"Lotut." That made me laugh.

What is "lote do"? Minivan? I tried googling it but came up with nothing. 

Thanks. 

Yes, it's minivan (some locals just call it 'wann'). 'Lot' or 'Rot' is general word for a vehicle; 'Too' or 'Dtuu' means a container or box. So, Rot Too = a box-like vehicle to cram people into, lol. Ask to stop at Lowtut Yai (or Lowtat Yai) (yai=big=the Big Lotus store). After that, be prepared to be highly praised - "Oho farang phut Thai dee maak", 555.