Trump blames Puerto Ricans for slow hurricane response

rooster59

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There is no doubt that PR will suffer more because they have no representation in Washington D.C. 

Yeah it's an island. So is Hawaii. 

It would be interesting if the Hurricane passed over Nantucket or Manhattan - both of which are islands.  Would Trump wait two weeks for an assessment, and then decide whether to do anything?  Also: Trump is scheduled to meet with self-appointed Thai PM Prayut on the 3rd.  Will the meet in PR?  Will Trump call off the meeting?   It might be a 50 second meet, quick handshake, smile by Trump (with cameras clicking) saying, "We love what you're doing, but I gotta go, sorry.  Talk to my people, Jared, or whatever.  He speaks for me."

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Trump could ask his Secretary of Interior. From the US 2010 Census:

https://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/dc10_thematic/2010_Profile/2010_Profile_Map_Puerto_Rico.pdf

PR Race 2010.JPG

Is that a  joke chart?   No Latinos in PR.  Wow, that's a surprise!  I had a brief affair with a PR woman.  She was the most nympho woman I've ever been close to, and I've been with a few.  She even wanted me to toss her into some bramble bushes (which, of course, I didn't do).  Extreeeeme.

2 hours ago, eddie61 said:

God save America!

Because only God can save America.

I think that pig ignorance and lacking edumacation, poor leadership, and  lack of vision have sunk it, but you never know God's will.

Lets see if God can do what others have tried and failed to do...

What does God have to do with anything?  God is a formulated figment of gullible peoples' imagination.

If a disaster happens, people shout, 'Oh my God!'  If something great happens, people shout 'Oh, praise God.'   God is the ultimate shape-shifter - He's whatever you want him to be.  By being all things to deists, He becomes nothing.   Think about it.

43 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Is that a  joke chart?   No Latinos in PR. 

Has not been a choice in previous census. For the 2020 Census selection of race will be broadened to add Hispanic, Latino or Spanish, black or African-American, Asian, American Indian or Alaska native, Middle Eastern or North African, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander or "Some other race or ethnicity." Then, within each of those categories, one can get more specific. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnists/2017/03/16/census-bureau-aside-hispaniclatino-not-race/99173326/

19 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Have to agree with Trump on this one. The "manana" mentality is perfect for soothing tourists sucking on tall cocktails with umbrellas, but perhaps not best suited for disaster relief.

Gee, I hope your family doesn't get smashed in a storm and lose everything.  If they do, I promise to make some fancy drinks with cheap alcohol and plenty of mini umbrellas (plastic) for the whole bunch :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Redline said:

Gee, I hope your family doesn't get smashed in a storm and lose everything.  If they do, I promise to make some fancy drinks with cheap alcohol and plenty of mini umbrellas (plastic) for the whole bunch :thumbsup:

This is what's really behind the PR debacle.

he hates America.jpg

It is an island that has been devastated, the federal gov't needs to take control and quickly.   It is NOT the Puerto Ricans who are at fault.   They don't have electricity, water or fuel.   Without fuel, the trucks can't deliver anything, the roads can't be cleared and the electricity can't be restored

Texas and Florida are both part of the mainland, neighboring states came to the rescue.   They could drive there and bring their boats.   Water, food and supplies were reasonably easy to get to the region.   PR, on the other hand, could not evacuate -- they couldn't just drive out of danger.   Even ships were prevented from delivering goods because of federal restrictions.   

This is one of the saddest commentaries on the President imaginable.   

18 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

US military is paid hundreds of billions of $$'s/year to protect Americans.  P.Ricans are Americans.  Where is the military?

Agreed. 45 is negligent in his position - an impeachable offense (if the congress were not lackeys). The role of the govt. is:

Purpose of U.S. Government

Now we'll turn our attention to the specific functions of the United States government, which are found in the Constitution's preamble. Here they are:

1. 'To form a more perfect Union'

2. 'To establish Justice'

3. 'To insure domestic Tranquility'

4. 'To provide for the common defense'

5. 'To promote the general Welfare'

6. 'To secure the Blessings of Liberty'

Maybe citizens could read:

https://dlc.dcccd.edu/usgov1-1/functions-of-government

I hope that all Americans will remember Trumps response to Puerto Rico as well as the Carribeans in general, and in a New Real leader in the next Federal election. Trump is well out of his league and is showing him self to be a self centered guy, who just cannot be interested in somewhere that won.t help him come the next election. Keep on being ignorant mr President, you are doing

a real fine job.

Geezer

5 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Where is the military?

The Pentagon assigned an Army one-star general as point person for the humanitarian crisis. 

In the Pentagon a brigadier general is a "go-fer." He was recently replaced by a three-star general Jeff Buchanan.

Retired three-star general Russel Honore slammed Trump:

“Not giving the mission to the military” was the first mistake, .... Look, we got Army units that go do port openings. Not called. We got special forces that could’ve been in every town. Not employed.”

“The mayor’s living on a cot, and I hope the president has a good day at golf,” (sarcasm?)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ret-lt-gen-honoré-while-the-president-golfs-san-juans-mayor-is-living-on-a-cot_us_59cfd879e4b05f005d348cd2

“I hate to tell you, Puerto Rico, but you’ve thrown our budget a little out of whack.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-praises-himself-for-administrations-great-job-in-puerto-rico/2017/10/03/fdb5eeb4-a83a-11e7-8ed2-c7114e6ac460_story.html

I don't recall Trump saying anything similar about the far larger cost to the budget on account of Harvey's impact on Texas.

The good news is that Puerto Rico didn't suffer a real catastrophe:

“If you look at the — every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds of people that died and what happened here with a storm that was just totally overbearing"

https://www.vox.com/2017/10/3/16411488/trump-remarks-puerto-rico

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

The good news is that Puerto Rico didn't suffer a real catastrophe:

“If you look at the — every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds of people that died and what happened here with a storm that was just totally overbearing"

https://www.vox.com/2017/10/3/16411488/trump-remarks-puerto-rico

Staying away would have been better (or preparing and presenting himself).

On 10/4/2017 at 8:51 PM, Thakkar said:

He really puts tha “ass” in “compassion”

I think I have exhausted my vocabulary of well deserved unflattering descriptors of 45. 

I also believe the truth in the article link:

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/duke-psychiatrist-america-having-nervous-breakdown

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Now the FEMA website has deleted anything that could be construed as bad news.

Yea all dictators want full control of media. That's part of the plan; including calling anything other than what comes out of his lying mouth or faux news as FAKE. 

45 hates free....jpg

Trump warns Puerto Rico: ‘We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders . . . forever!’

President Trump served notice Thursday that he may pull back federal relief workers from Puerto Rico, effectively threatening to abandon the U.S. territory amid a staggering humanitarian crisis in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Declaring the U.S. territory's electrical grid and infrastructure to have been a “disaster before hurricanes,” Trump wrote Thursday that it will be up to Congress how much federal money to appropriate to the island for its recovery efforts and that recovery workers will not stay “forever.”

In a trio of tweets, Trump wrote” “We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/12/trump-warns-puerto-rico-we-cannot-keep-fema-the-military-the-first-responders-forever/?nid&utm_term=.b3bde8a47fda

Clearly, Donald Trump is the President of all Americans.