Anyone have a tattoo done at a tattoo school?

atyclb

a gal living in one of the units at my bkk condo offered a tattoo for the cost of materials only (approx 140-200 baht) she said the tattoo is overseen by the teacher-master at her school therefore the result is a quality tattoo at a very good price. anyone that knows about tattoos feel free to comment. thank you

20171001132411.thumb.jpg.a7577e54a893594168e6058a57612d9c.jpg20171001132438.thumb.jpg.e0293ee94038a15bd9d2478f3f0580d8.jpg20171001132352.jpg.a8a1b7a04c4ec7be3daf3fefb353b710.jpg

Are all the pics her? Look I'm happy to do a bit of free consulting on this but tattoos are serious modifications and I need to see better images zoomed out and in and all works she has adorned on herself before I can stick my neck out for you. 

36 minutes ago, samsensam said:

go for it. you wont regret it and with a tattoo people will think you're a much more attractive and interesting person. win win.

I have this programme on my computer that can smell sarcasm from a mile away -and it's screaming so loud at me now I have to wear ear protection.

9 hours ago, atyclb said:

a gal living in one of the units at my bkk condo offered a tattoo for the cost of materials only (approx 140-200 baht) she said the tattoo is overseen by the teacher-master at her school therefore the result is a quality tattoo at a very good price. anyone that knows about tattoos feel free to comment. thank you

I know one thing about tattoos - they're with you for the rest of your life. Think carefully, no matter how cute the tattooist is or how cheap it can be.

Pay her 500 Baht or so to first practice the design on some pork skin or fruit and show you the result.

"Honeydew melon and grapefruit are the most common fruits for tattoo practicing, while pig ear is more used since it is at least real skin. You may find the pig skin a bit thicker than human skin when you inject your tattoo needle into it. You may also try pig feet, which is sometime more preferred by some people."

http://teachmetotattoo.com/forums/topic/best-type-of-fruit-for-practice/

8 hours ago, samsensam said:

go for it. you wont regret it and with a tattoo people will think you're a much more attractive and interesting person. win win.

I can think of a few other things people think when they see a tatoo on a body.

20 hours ago, atyclb said:

20171001132411.thumb.jpg.a7577e54a893594168e6058a57612d9c.jpg20171001132438.thumb.jpg.e0293ee94038a15bd9d2478f3f0580d8.jpg20171001132352.jpg.a8a1b7a04c4ec7be3daf3fefb353b710.jpg

I hope those tattoos are very recent. That swelling looks suspicious. Also tats are a great way to get AIDS. Demand to see their autoclave for sterilizing the needles. 

28 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

I hope those tattoos are very recent. That swelling looks suspicious. Also tats are a great way to get AIDS. Demand to see their autoclave for sterilizing the needles. 

Yes, I had one done, no regrets

No Regerts.jpg

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I agree with Samsensam. Go for this style... Once done, you'll never go quietly thru life....

59d11b8268bf5_2017-10-0123_43.jpg.8ef8790ac54dd0a613f4c29b7229ef8d.jpg

BTW, on a serious note, can someone please explain to me what's up with this kind of mass tattooing among Thais. The Buddhist symbols and writings, I can understand. But this, I don't.

Lately, I seem to be seeing this kind of thing all the time. The above photo is a bit extreme. But young women with their entire back covered in tattoo paintings seem not at all uncommon.

And then there are the guys, who end up looking worse than the jungle people in Apocalypse Now.

59d1cb6f224e8_2017-10-0212_14_58.jpg.1c5d2fb75b0ab6f156f533d179069ef4.jpg

Why???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Even as I grow old, it is reassuring to know that there

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BTW, on a serious note, can someone please explain to me what's up with this kind of mass tattooing among Thais. The Buddhist symbols and writings, I can understand. But this, I don't.

Lately, I seem to be seeing this kind of thing all the time. The above photo is a bit extreme. But young women with their entire back covered in tattoo paintings seem not at all uncommon.

And then there are the guys, who end up looking worse than the jungle people in Apocalypse Now.

Why???

Why? It's a fad, a fashion. I pre-date it and I will with luck post-date it. Personally I don't care for tattoos, but on a male I am rather more indifferent; on a Thai female who possesses beautiful, natural skin, I am sorrowful.

8 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Have a professional with years of experience tattoo you. Do not trust something you will have for a lifetime, with someone in training. Sterilization and opening new inks for you only should be important.

its intersting what you say because someone  know that is a g7 medical doctor had an interesting comment. "many of best hospital are teaching hospitals because the experienced ones must keep up and constantly supervise and be on their toes and likewise this motivates students to focus and learn. many of the best patient outcomes and quality of care are from teaching hospitals with students in training"

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Why???

I believe its to one up the next guy's tatoo. Here you can see this model that got her eye tatoo'ed and now she may go blind.

purple-eye-tattoo-main_759_catt-gallinger-fb.jpg

Just now, atyclb said:

who in their right mind would get their eye tattood ??

Yes, this is the most extreme example of body modification. Most are content with what they have, but some want to appear "different". This lady might go blind as a result of the botched eye tattoo. Apparently who ever did it, pushed in too much dye in one area with too large of needle. I guess the correct way is to use a real fine needle and small amounts of dye with a lot of injection sites. Oh, and the doctors she went to afterwards feel that the tattoo needle might not have been sterile! Genius!

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Why???

Because it's cool and hard and makes you look sooooo dangerous...

8 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

There's no doubt that the right kind of tattoo can make the wearer look cool & be more attractive to the opposite sex......

ghfd.jpg.3d77c7b8ed946877d20d73ac2bf53a37.jpg

Or you can be like Mr. Cool Ice, with his gay ass skeleton tat

mr_cool_ice.jpg

15 hours ago, elnet1 said:

Yes, this is the most extreme example of body modification. Most are content with what they have, but some want to appear "different". This lady might go blind as a result of the botched eye tattoo. Apparently who ever did it, pushed in too much dye in one area with too large of needle. I guess the correct way is to use a real fine needle and small amounts of dye with a lot of injection sites. Oh, and the doctors she went to afterwards feel that the tattoo needle might not have been sterile! Genius!

any ophthalmologist that may also be a tattoo artist would never dream about tattoo in the eye. 

17 hours ago, atyclb said:

any ophthalmologist that may also be a tattoo artist would never dream about tattoo in the eye. 

Yes, that was the point. Yet I don't believe the person doing the tattoo to begin with had ANY medical training. I have to wonder now, if she doesn't lose her vision, will she go around with one eye tattooe'd or will she go and get another back alley tattoo artist to try and do the other eye.

48 minutes ago, elnet1 said:

Yes, that was the point. Yet I don't believe the person doing the tattoo to begin with had ANY medical training. I have to wonder now, if she doesn't lose her vision, will she go around with one eye tattooe'd or will she go and get another back alley tattoo artist to try and do the other eye.

tattoo artist must have put topical anesthesia drops on her eye and maybe taped both lids open, even still the desire to move the eye on seeing the needle is very great. there are special instruments to do it but <deleted>

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

tattoo artist must have put topical anesthesia drops on her eye and maybe taped both lids open, even still the desire to move the eye on seeing the needle is very great. there are special instruments to do it but <deleted>

It is worth noting that some individuals may refer to the taboo artist as physicians, however, that is not an accurate statement to be made the first covering the needle with ink and puncturing the eye. This method was deemed unsuccessful, and the second method was attempted. This procedure, in which the sclera was injected with blue dye, was successful. The procedures were “effectively painless because there aren’t nerve endings in the surface of the eye,” says the article's author Shannon Larratt.

Scleral_tattooing.jpg