Thai chef attacks foreign owner in Pattaya Soi 7

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is an American doing owning a business in thailand? this is a serous question as i have always been told that foreigners cannot own land and do business in thailand. and is they do go into Partnership with a thai, it is 51% thai and 49% foreigner. is this a fact?

no nasty ass remarks please!

'details have been handed over to police, and they are said to be actively tracking down the suspect to bring in for questioning and possible charges.'

Possible charges? You beat a 67 year old with a crash helmet and you MAY be in trouble!

Reality check by The Owner who needs to ask why his main man wanted to leave in the first place. Yes he allegedly found a better job but why was he looking in the first place. Cannot support  the attack which in any terms is a dismissal offence!! Let's hope the Owner has some Mexican Cheffing Skills!!

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Contract? Thailand? :cheesy:

Yes we have contract with all employees in all our businesses. And things are explained clearly. In our factory what was new besides the contract itself as i came in as partowner is that we have 2 months notice. With some exceptions.

The difference here is things needs to be explained the importance of the contract. Because most workers have never seen one before. 

So the self-entitled Thai man made unreasonable, unprofessional demands.

He was put in his place.

This resulted in his primordial nature taking over, by grabbing a hard heavy object and bludgeoning a 66 yr old man, a man decent enough to give him employment for years, on his head. Repeatedly.

They really are [censored] 

:coffee1:

32 minutes ago, captspectre said:

what is an American doing owning a business in thailand? this is a serous question as i have always been told that foreigners cannot own land and do business in thailand. and is they do go into Partnership with a thai, it is 51% thai and 49% foreigner. is this a fact?

no nasty ass remarks please!

Look up "Treaty of Amity" for the American people.

2 hours ago, malcoml said:

Im confuses.....

What is a release statement?

I guess the fight was over money. Perhaps he wanted to be paid exactly what he was owed there and then, not wait until pay day.

It is an employment verification letter.  The employer is required to provide such a letter upon request by a terminating employee.

I would never trust a Thai to properly cook any cuisine other than Thai food.  They are raised with absolutely zero exposure to international cuisine other than McD's and KFC.  That's why international food sucks in Thailand, unless you are willing to pay for a foreigner to properly prepare your meal at an expensive restaurant.

I knew an Italian restaurant in Thailand where they have 4 chefs. Each chef was responsible for one menu / course.
I heard about chef soups, chef salads, chef pizza, chef pastas. When the chef salads left, the chef soups had to take it over but he complained that it was too hard. Within a week they had a new chef salads... 

Probably this chef was multitasking. Was he chef tacos, chef burritos and chef chili con carne all together ???

Edited by PAIBKK

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

As usual probably a much younger man beating on a 66 year old. With a crasch-helmet too.
It´s fantastic to once again read about the fantastic courage that exists in the Thai man.

More surprising is the fact that it was one-on-one. Usually the Thai male calls at least half a dozen of his mates.

20 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

I love the typically TV comment, "it probably has something to do with" again no offence sir but had you read the link,

1) it is an ex-chef.! So nothing to do with wanting to leave the place in the minute.

2) He had come in to ask for a release statement to give to his new employer, in which the victim refused. 

I do not condone the chef reaction,

but no more those wrong comments ( i'm joking, :wink:)

Okey! I got it the way that they called him ex-chef just because he had left immediately and the owner didn´t want to see him nomore.

Maybe I am totally wrong, but if he is already gone from the place. What is, and what does, a release statement do for him?

3 hours ago, missoura said:

The article stated that the chef found a better job and wanted to leave. The owner did not want that. Personally, I would not want to force a chef to cook for my customers.

Owner's problem: The chef IS the restaurant. A pal had the problem. solution: Train a sous-chef who can handle most stuff until you find another chef. Add profit sharing to contract. But never fight with a Thai in a kitchen. 

As usual probably a much younger man beating on a 66 year old. With a crasch-helmet too.
It´s fantastic to once again read about the fantastic courage that exists in the Thai man.

Absolutely, all chefs I've seen wear a crash helmet in the kitchen.

Not if the Thai man is 30 cm smaller, which is usually the case --all helmets, machetes, bamboo sticks, groups of friends, and all other paraphernalia aside.

1 hour ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Not if the Thai man is 30 cm smaller, which is usually the case --all helmets, machetes, bamboo sticks, groups of friends, and all other paraphernalia aside.

In your case you just tried to defended a violent act made by a person that reached the limit of his abilities to express himself in words.

The only thing that suddenly got smaller in that case, was you.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Okey! I got it the way that they called him ex-chef just because he had left immediately and the owner didn´t want to see him nomore.

Maybe I am totally wrong, but if he is already gone from the place. What is, and what does, a release statement do for him?

In fact "we" do not know exactly, of course, it seemed to me that if the owner said himself my ex-chef  "The victim told police that his former chef"  it means the chef had already left the place.

But maybe it is me who is in the wrong  and so have no intention at all to convince you with the help of my helmet :biggrin:

4 hours ago, impulse said:

We've got people who have been with us for years.  Probably largely due to the fact that we treat them better than they'd be treated elsewhere.  And not just on the salary end, though that's important.

Technically, that's not loyalty.  That's quid pro quo.  Not the same thing.  We have treated staff like family but any sense of loyalty is more often overcome by an internal desire to sleep all day that eventually wins out.  You are talking about a handful of people as I am I but generally speaking the original post was accurate, true loyalty is hard to come by.

25 minutes ago, silent said:

What about rules for knife fights? 

Rule #1: If you and your mob of teenage friends have tried your hardest to kick and unconscious older person to death unsuccessfully, take out your knives and stab him/her to death.

19 minutes ago, Get Real said:

In your case you just tried to defended a violent act made by a person that reached the limit of his abilities to express himself in words.

The only thing that suddenly got smaller in that case, was you.

True! But, it still is a little better than if the Thai man is the same height or taller, doesn't it? At the same time, the Thai man could be much younger, an avid boxer,  and ... armed ... and with buddies, as well, as mentioned. I forgot, he probably would be under the influence of something. Not only drugs, but greedy, jealous,...

Edited by EnlightenedAtheist

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

no excuse for this behavior.the lack of professionalism in Thailand is the problem..no training no laws no morals no respect..and above all NO SHAME...

There are laws which you should get to know, my daughter got a nice settlement from a company who fired her for no real cause, no warning, and no notice. Yes there are laws just have to be willing to put them to work

34 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Technically, that's not loyalty.  That's quid pro quo.  Not the same thing.  We have treated staff like family but any sense of loyalty is more often overcome by an internal desire to sleep all day that eventually wins out.  You are talking about a handful of people as I am I but generally speaking the original post was accurate, true loyalty is hard to come by.

When it comes to a job what is loyality, showing up working hard every day for the pay check you have earned. But it doesn't extend to finding a better job that pays more. It is a lot like friendship a word way over used.

20 minutes ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

True! But, it still is a little better than if the Thai man is the same height or taller, doesn't it? At the same time, the Thai man could be much younger, an avid boxer,  and ... armed ... and with buddies, as well, as mentioned. I forgot, he probably would be under the influence of something. Not only drugs, but greedy, jealous,...

Oh dear! I just stated a common fact. Nothing is better at all. That´s my opinion, and I will stand for it. 

You can continue live in the world where it´s not so bad, because there is always something worse.
Great excuse to have handy for the rest of you life. 

Edited by Get Real