Knifeman yelling "Allahu Akbar" shot dead after killing two in Marseille, France

webfact

Knifeman yelling "Allahu Akbar" shot dead after killing two in France

By Marc Leras and Emmanuel Jarry

tag-reuters.jpg

Emergency services vehicles are seen outside the Saint-Charles train station after French soldiers shot and killed a man who stabbed two women to death at the main train station in Marseille, France, October 1, 2017. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier

MARSEILLE, France/PARIS (Reuters) - Two women were stabbed to death and their assailant shot dead by a soldier in the southern French port city of Marseille on Sunday in what officials described as a "likely terrorist act".

Police sources said the suspect had shouted "Allahu Akbar" (God is greatest) in Arabic as he attacked the women, aged 17 and 20, at Marseille's main railway station.

Two police sources said one had her throat slit while the other was stabbed in the chest and stomach.

The assailant was shot dead by a soldier from a military Sentinelle patrol, a force deployed across the country as part of a state of emergency declared after Islamist attacks that began almost two years ago.

"We have until now managed to avoid such dramatic incidents (in Marseille). I think it was a terrorist attack and the individual who was killed seems to have had several identities," Marseille mayor Jean-Claude Gaudin told reporters.

Paris was rocked in 2015 by multiple attacks that killed 130 people. In 2016 a gunman drove a truck into a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, killing 86 people. Both of these attacks were claimed by Islamic State.

Other countries, including Britain, Germany and Belgium, have also suffered attacks by militants using knives, guns, explosives and driving vehicles at crowds.

Some 200 police officers cordoned off the area and all roads were closed to traffic.

A witness told Reuters she saw a man take out a knife from his sleeve and then stab a young girl and then a second woman, shouting what could have been "Allahu Akbar".

"BARBARIC ACT"

Speaking in Marseille, Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said the man had initially killed one woman and looked to be running away before returning to attack a second woman and then rush towards soldiers from the Sentinelle force who arrived on the scene quickly and shot him dead.

Two police sources said the attacker had been carrying a butcher's knife, was around 30 years old and of North African appearance.

One source said he was known to police for common law crimes, while another said digital analysis of fingerprints had come up with several aliases.

"This could be an act of terrorism, but we cannot confirm it fully at this stage," Collomb told reporters.

French troops are part of a U.S.-led coalition fighting Islamic State in Syria and Iraq and has thousands of soldiers in West Africa fighting al Qaeda-linked militants, operations that have made these groups urge their followers to target France.

Security forces have increasingly been targeted by militants in knife attacks. A man wielding a knife attacked a soldier in a Paris metro station on Sept. 15.

President Emmanuel Macron said on Twitter he was "disgusted by this barbaric act" and praised the calmness and efficiency of security forces.

French lawmakers are due to vote on a much-criticised anti-terrorism law on Tuesday, which would see France come out of its state-of-emergency in November, although some of the powers would be enshrined into law.

The number of military personnel on the ground is also due to be reduced slightly, although the force is being adapted to make it more mobile and its movements less predictable.

"The presence of Sentinelle soldiers, their speed and efficiency ensured that the death count was not bigger," police union official Stephane Battaglia told Reuters.

(Additional reporting by Jean-Francois Rosnoblet, John Irish, Danielle Rouquie, Caroline Paillez and Sudip Kar-Gupta; Writing by John Irish; Editing by Ralph Boulton and Dale Hudson)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-10-02

North korea is nothing compared to these terrorists.

I think trump was 100 percent right about his travel bans. You just cant tell who these guys are till they blow up  . Or murder by knife as in this case.

The world needs to wake up. Not just the usa.

If those were my daughters,or sisters i would be on a life long hunt,taking my private war to them. Where they live. 

And yes it would consume my entire life.

My sympathy goes out to the women and sadly once again another attack in the name of Islam. It is becoming an almost monthly occurrence but the cause of this seems to be forgotten, sadly. It is the EU's migration policy. I hope one day these leaders are brought to account one day, although I can't see it. so I, Like everyone else will have to keep reading attacks like this and wonder when will it end. Lets hope he is met in Heaven with 77 Virgins welding big knives. Karma would be wonderful

Two other attacks are being reported, our governments, as usual, will spin this as having no connection to Islam, 

A police officer was rammed by a car and stabbed in Edmonton, Canada, before people were mown down in the street in an attack police are treating as terrorism.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/860925/Edmonton-attack-Canada-U-Haul-van-hits-police-car-pedestrians

Knifeman’ arrested in Oxford Street - Police storm London shopping road

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/861000/Knifeman-London-Oxford-Street-police-arrest-shopping-tourism

This is the new "normal"  and it is only going to escalate. Last night three explosions in Malmo Sweden (front of school and two restaurants) and newspapers in Finland say "strange loud noises heard"... Right. Sweden went to claim top prize in gun violence in Europe. Will pass soon USA if they get more guns in from Balkans. Finland saw it's first case of terrorism recently too. "Refugee" who supposed to be removed from Finland and had prior attacks in Germany & Greece knifed women to death. Response in Finland was to give more money to "refugees" and the ones that have negative decision on their asylum application (even several times) they let them stay. They get the same benefits as unemployed. Still they do all kinds of crimes. Way to pay back their hosts. They put these 20-30 year olds to same schools as teenagers. This turned ugly as the refugees went and groped the underage girls. Principal from the school tried to cover up and silence all discussion about these fights that occurred (when some of the students tried to protect the girls).

Recently Finland decided to install 50 new police jobs to go after "hate speech" online. From street patrols they cut manpower but they say the biggest problem is racism and hate speech!

Many cases brought up where they try to silence the people completely.

Go figure. I just say that the pressure under the lid is increasing and it's going to be ugly when people had enough of this madness.

I'm sick of this and I consider Asia now my refugee camp. I felt safer even in Pyongyang than in Helsinki railway station.

Edited by FinChin67

47 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

RIP to the two women killed, and Hell for the killer, as there will be no Heaven for him.    Hell is what waits most of the ISIL if not all of them as well. My opinion of course

Geezer

There is no little man in the sky or a man with horns underground, when we ditch religion the world will be a better place,

Oh darn an atheist..  Well I do not have any proof that there is a God, and you cannot convince me that there is no Hell.  Actually there are places on this earth that must be close to hell, and the

refugee camps in many countries are like that.

20 minutes ago, katana said:

More cultural enrichment from the religion of peace.

I am waiting for the apologist posters who will swear they are not a real part of the religion and 90 plus % are law abiding people. Then those who disagree are called islamaphobes. I personally are fed up with innocent people being killed or injured ion whatever name of religion. If I am to be called an Islamaphobe I will live with that if the terrorist acts stop too.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

and then rush towards soldiers from the Sentinelle force who arrived on the scene quickly and shot him dead.

My recommended course of action for all budding martyrs, just cut straight to the chase. Grab a knife and rush a group of armed soldiers - you get to shout "Allahu Akbar", you die in a hail of bullets thinking you're going to your 72 virgins or grapes or whatever, everyone is happy.

Todays news from Finland. Could not add to my previous post so I put it here.

Ambulance crew and firemen will start to wear bullet proof vests and helmets. Because of Turku "incident" is now "European reality" and it has landed to Finland we took the decision to prepare early for this.

They also advised ambulance crew and fireman not (or avoid) to wear uniforms during their freetime. This same warning was given for soldiers in military service earlier... 

Ha, do not give in to fear or what the message was earlier...

5 hours ago, quadperfect said:

I think trump was 100 percent right about his travel bans. You just cant tell who these guys are till they blow up  . Or murder by knife as in this case.

If those were my daughters,or sisters i would be on a life long hunt,taking my private war to them. Where they live. 

Travel ban which does not affect the countries where most of the terrorism come from

USA is not waking up, in fact USA is also quite responsible for the rising of such terrorists groups

6 hours ago, quadperfect said:

North Korea is one threat, Islamic terrorism is another. "Nothing compared"...guess North Korean related "incidents" over the years register less with Westerners. Trump's "travel bans" do not actually target some of the relevant countries, but which are considered USA allies. And in many cases, attackers were, at least to some extent, familiar to security services. Whether or not these can or should act on any such information is another matter.

And no, you wouldn't go on any personal crusade. Just rant. On the off chance you would do something as silly, you'd be picked up in no time.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am waiting for the apologist posters who will swear they are not a real part of the religion and 90 plus % are law abiding people. Then those who disagree are called islamaphobes. I personally are fed up with innocent people being killed or injured ion whatever name of religion. If I am to be called an Islamaphobe I will live with that if the terrorist acts stop too.

I find the mainstream media response more reprehensible than anything posters here can say.

The standard steps in the media response are:

1. Ignore it

2. Bury it deep on the website

3. Claim the perpetrator was mentally ill, no link to militant Islam

4. Point to perpetrator's Norwegian passport, (or French, or Dutch)

5. Warn about Islamophobic 'backlash'

6. Rinse and repeat. 

If the modern-day BBC were reporting the Second World War, they'd probably not mention the Blitz, in case it upset the Germans and caused an anti-European backlash.

1 hour ago, RickBradford said:

I find the mainstream media response more reprehensible than anything posters here can say.

The standard steps in the media response are:

1. Ignore it

2. Bury it deep on the website

3. Claim the perpetrator was mentally ill, no link to militant Islam

4. Point to perpetrator's Norwegian passport, (or French, or Dutch)

5. Warn about Islamophobic 'backlash'

6. Rinse and repeat. 

If the modern-day BBC were reporting the Second World War, they'd probably not mention the Blitz, in case it upset the Germans and caused an anti-European backlash.

None of which applies to this terrible dual murder of two young women. Personally I find it extremely distasteful that in the immediate aftermath of these awful murders the right wing choir of TV launch conspiracy theories, attacks on their governments, media and so on. IMHO about time for the Mods to put a stop to this disgusting, self centered, politically motivated behaviour.

Hopefully the victim's families and loved ones can eventually find some peace - RIP

17 minutes ago, simple1 said:

None of which applies to this terrible dual murder of two young women. Personally I find it extremely distasteful that in the immediate aftermath of these awful murders the right wing choir of TV launch conspiracy theories, attacks on their governments, media and so on. IMHO about time for the Mods to put a stop to this disgusting, self centered, politically motivated behaviour.

Hopefully the victim's families and loved ones can eventually find some peace - RIP

Dual murder?  Islamic militant who shouted “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest) and slit the victims throat and knifed the other. So just a double murder, not a terrorist act?

So when Paris was rocked in 2015 by multiple attacks that killed 130 people what would you call that?

4 minutes ago, FinChin67 said:

Dual murder?  Islamic militant who shouted “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest) and slit the victims throat and knifed the other. So just a double murder, not a terrorist act?

So when Paris was rocked in 2015 by multiple attacks that killed 130 people what would you call that?

More important is what the mainstream media called it.

The BBC, a fully paid-up member of the traitor class, to this day just calls them the "Paris attacks", reducing the mention of Islam and terrorism to a footnote.

Similarly, the BBC's take on the Nice terrorist atrocity, which killed 86 people, was: "Dozens of people were killed, including children, when a lorry ploughed into a large crowd ..." as though this was perhaps an autonomous homicidal lorry, not an ISIS fanatic carrying out a terror mission.

The media lie by both commission and omission, and that is important, since they -- especially the taxpayer funded ones -- have a duty to report the news openly and forthrightly rather than pursuing their own political agenda.

21 minutes ago, FinChin67 said:

Mods, apologies in advance, Such comments make me really angry. I find political spin in the circumstance loathsome - perhaps one day you will come to the realisation just how monstrous such comments are. What don't you understand, religious / politically based killing - terrorism - murder is murder.

Edited by simple1

36 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Mods, apologies in advance, Such comments make me really angry. I find political spin in the circumstance loathsome - perhaps one day you will come to the realisation just how monstrous such comments are. What don't you understand, religious / politically based killing - terrorism - is murder.

You are quite right it is murder , unfortunatly these days it seems to be Islamic murder most of the time . and you and your friend 7 by 7 can spin it anyway you like .

12 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

More important is what the mainstream media called it.

The BBC, a fully paid-up member of the traitor class, to this day just calls them the "Paris attacks", reducing the mention of Islam and terrorism to a footnote.

Similarly, the BBC's take on the Nice terrorist atrocity, which killed 86 people, was: "Dozens of people were killed, including children, when a lorry ploughed into a large crowd ..." as though this was perhaps an autonomous homicidal lorry, not an ISIS fanatic carrying out a terror mission.

The media lie by both commission and omission, and that is important, since they -- especially the taxpayer funded ones -- have a duty to report the news openly and forthrightly rather than pursuing their own political agenda.

More conspiracy theory rubbish.

From their report today on this Marseille attack

Two young women have been stabbed to death at Marseille's main train station in a suspected terrorist attack.

Soldiers on guard at the station shot dead the attacker, who police described as of North African appearance and aged about 30. Witnesses said he shouted "Allahu akbar" (God is greatest).

So-called Islamic State (IS) said the attacker was one of its "soldiers".

Now we just wait when media starts the same stories about this muslim attacker being mentally not stable, could not integrate into society and felt lonely.. Did not have enough money and no job prospects + all the other excuses.

Anyways, now we will most likely see soldiers sooner on streets in Sweden and Germany thanks to these muslim terrorists.

It's only going to get worse.

57 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Indeed, but milking these sort of reports in order to fuel political agendas, applying spins and counter-spins is hardly a one sided thing. And we can skip the standing disagreement as to the level respective sides engage in such practices.

19 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Mods, apologies in advance, Such comments make me really angry. I find political spin in the circumstance loathsome - perhaps one day you will come to the realisation just how monstrous such comments are. What don't you understand, religious / politically based killing - terrorism - murder is murder.

So you put muslim terrorists and murderers in the same club? Should all murderers be shot dead in the street like in this case?