Caught on CCTV! Australian steals Thai woman's bag at Suvarnabhumi departures

webfact

Caught on CCTV! Australian steals Thai woman's bag at Suvarnabhumi departures

1pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

An Australian man who is a frequent visitor to Thailand was arrested at the airport after he took a Thai woman's bag and disappeared with it into the handicapped toilets.

The woman had left her bag outside the ladies on the fourth floor near exit 7 while she went in. But John Peter Robertson, 54, saw an opportunity.

He was caught on CCTV taking the bag and going into the toilets himself. Then he went to a booth to exchange money.

But the woman - from Chiang Rai and bound for Dubai - had immediately reported losing her bag to security.

They checked the cameras and an arrest was made.

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Police found that Robertson was a frequent visitor to Thailand over the last 12 years staying in Bangkok and Hua Hin.

He admitted taking the bag and opening it but said he had not taken anything.

Nothing was missing from inside the bag and the lady continued on her journey.

Robertson was charged with theft.

Kittipong Kittikhajorn of the airport police warned travelers to keep their bags with them at all times.

Manager did not report the fate of Robertson who was on his way back to Australia.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-02

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What this guy did was just plain stupid, but, I wonder what the tally would be if someone sat down and added up all the houses stolen from foreigners, businesses stolen from foreigners, money stolen from foreigners, diamonds stolen from governments, etc., etc.

Exactly, how much would it be?

Perhaps, but I doubt it, Thai people will stop trying to characterize people negatively.

There are websites that track the deaths of foreigners, maybe we need a site for stolen monies.

3 minutes ago, over it said:

What this guy did was just plain stupid, but, I wonder what the tally would be if someone sat down and added up all the houses stolen from foreigners, businesses stolen from foreigners, money stolen from foreigners, diamonds stolen from governments, etc., etc.

Perhaps, but I doubt it, Thai people will stop trying to characterize people negatively.

There are websites that track the deaths of foreigners, maybe we need a site for stolen monies.

Oh dear deflection deflection. Cant you just accept that this guy is foreign scum. 

2 minutes ago, over it said:

Gawd.....facepalm.gif.f99930e8ee12d84033fb058c7482be41.gif

6 minutes ago, over it said:

And that would make a difference how? So what you’re trying to say is because brain dead sex tourists continually try and buy commitment and loyalty from bar girls and a subsequently relieved of their cash Thailand should just stop reporting on and labelling scum bags like this guy.

yep, makes total sense....

Edited by MadMuhammad

1 minute ago, Thian said:

Well he didn't steal it now did he? He just found it outside the toilets on the floor.

If you take something that is not yours and not directly give it to lost and found your a thief. Why the need to take it at all. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

If you take something that is not yours and not directly give it to lost and found your a thief. Why the need to take it at all. 

Yes he shouldn't have touched it at all, instead reported the security about a possible bombbag...who in his right mind will leave a handpurse outside the toilets?

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

Yes he shouldn't have touched it at all, instead reported the security about a possible bombbag...who in his right mind will leave a handpurse outside the toilets?

Your making up excuses for a thief, had he went straight to some security official with the bag he would have been ok. He did not. I am sure he had enough time to do so as i doubt finding him and checking CCTV took time. 

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your making up excuses for a thief, had he went straight to some security official with the bag he would have been ok. He did not. I am sure he had enough time to do so as i doubt finding him and checking CCTV took time. 

Just to expand that a bit, nowadays who would pick up any unattended bad/parcel/case in a public place?

Call me paranoid if you want.

42 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

And that would make a difference how? So what you’re trying to say is because brain dead sex tourists continually try and buy commitment and loyalty from bar girls and a subsequently relieved of their cash Thailand should just stop reporting on and labelling scum bags like this guy.

Now now MadMuhammad, no need to put bar girls down, I married one 10 years ago am as as happy as a pig in mud, as are other on TVF, just for your information, my wife lost her image as a bar girl  when she met me and hasn't looked back, I now refer to her as the village slut.

51 minutes ago, over it said:

Your totally defending this Bogan, if they sent him back to Australia, they are relieving themselves of the problem, no doubt the poor bastards back in the old country will have to deal with this piece of faeces once again, I can only just hope they ban him for life, never to return to Thailand as I hear there are enough people here on the bandwagon already ?

59 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

How do you know the idiots a sex tourist Muhammad or are you jumping to conclusions / stereotyping?

Edited by beechbum

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

But the guy's got a good excuse for all. It's in his blood.....:post-4641-1156694083:

I've probably seen more of Oz than most Aussies and never got scammed or anything stolen. Yes an emou stole my salad and saucages of the barbie, and an aboriginal grabbed a beer out of my esky but that's all...

Aussies are great people mate...

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

I've probably seen more of Oz than most Aussies and never got scammed or anything stolen. Yes an emou stole my salad and saucages of the barbie, and an aboriginal grabbed a beer out of my esky but that's all...

You should have fostered the aboriginal.

Full can at 50 paces.

Sorry.

??

Just now, overherebc said:

You should have fostered the aboriginal.

Full can at 50 paces.

Sorry.

??

We did that mate, at one hostel the owner told us the aboriginals always visited his terrace when the guests went to sleep. They would sip from all the left behind beercans and light all the fags in the ashtrays.  He said if we would like to test it than pee in the beercans and check them to be empty next morning, so we did...next morning they were laying on the floor :sick:

6 minutes ago, Thian said:

So are all Brits.....:whistling:.....and I am one....:stoner:

6 minutes ago, Thian said:

We did that mate, at one hostel the owner told us the aboriginals always visited his terrace when the guests went to sleep. They would sip from all the left behind beercans and light all the fags in the ashtrays.  He said if we would like to test it than pee in the beercans and check them to be empty next morning, so we did...next morning they were laying on the floor :sick:

Heard a similar one on mobile homes where gas was getting syphoned from fuel tanks during the night. One guy reverse labelled the underslung toilet tank and gas tank.

The wretching woke them up at 3am.

11 minutes ago, Thian said:

Sorry, but that's disgusting. They were not always like that and there's a reason why they're poor.