Non "Retirement 6 weeks before date ?

bubblegum

25 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Just to be sure, I read a while back that you can do your yearly extension 6 weeks before it 's date? 

this is running in another topic,i have done mine at KORAT  [last ex 44days before] but all offices are not the same SO CHECK FIRST.

Officially 30 days before renewal date. There have been posts in the past that subject to you having a valid reason for applying 45 days early then subject to the IO mood of the day then it might (might) be accepted.

Edited by LivinginKata

1 hour ago, Tapster said:

I was at Phuket immigration last week and the officer said that I could apply now, for a renewal on 30th November. 

Clearly it varies sometimes, according to who you're dealing with. 

Yep- that's why I like to check in person :smile:

13 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Yes, but, if you do do the extension early and you're using the bank account to show funds; those funds must have been in the bank for three months on the day of application.

of course as the funds always have to be in the bank account for the required period at the day of the application.

So it does not really matter when you do the application.

7 hours ago, merijn said:

of course as the funds always have to be in the bank account for the required period at the day of the application.

So it does not really matter when you do the application.

True, but, if you do the extension early, then money transfers have to be done early, too.

Many people have been tripped up by this requirement. It's worth pointing out.

I seem to wait until the last few days so I don't have to go back to the Immigration office for my 90 day report. The fewer trips there these days the better. Although my last trips there were very quick and efficient. Any more updates on the TM 30 upon returning to your already registered address?

1 hour ago, Jimi007 said:

I seem to wait until the last few days so I don't have to go back to the Immigration office for my 90 day report. The fewer trips there these days the better. Although my last trips there were very quick and efficient. Any more updates on the TM 30 upon returning to your already registered address?

I have now done three yearly extensions and numerous 90 day reports at Phuket Town using my original address registration issued three years ago. Loads of flights in and out of the country and quite a few Thai hotels.

I have not yet ever heard of a problem with this as long as you go to the Phuket Town office. Until I do, I'm just going to continue what I have been doing (what immigration told me to do).

13 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

I have now done three yearly extensions and numerous 90 day reports at Phuket Town using my original address registration issued three years ago. Loads of flights in and out of the country and quite a few Thai hotels.

I have not yet ever heard of a problem with this as long as you go to the Phuket Town office. Until I do, I'm just going to continue what I have been doing (what immigration told me to do).

Same for me,

I travel a lot and never had to update my address registration.

But i will check it before doing my yearly extension just to be sure.