Rising Islamophobia In Thailand Irrational And Dangerous: Scholars

webfact

18 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

The   Koran  actually says  that   it is  acceptable  to  kill   if  needed  to defend  the  right  to  follow  Islamic   faith.

Otherwise   killing  is  considered   an  offence.

I'm not sure that's right.

Chapter 9 Verse 5 from the Koran, which is known as “The Verse of the Sword” is one of the last verses from Muhammed before he died and therefore abrogates all other verses which come before it. There are numerous other verses like it in the Koran.

9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters [kill the non-Muslims] wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, katana said:

Chapter 9 Verse 5 from the Koran, which is known as “The Verse of the Sword” is one of the last verses from Muhammed before he died and therefore abrogates all other verses which come before it. There are numerous other verses like it in the Koran.

9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters [kill the non-Muslims] wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Oh boy.

Yet another poster that judges muslims on what is written in THEIR holy fairytale books.

Surely Katana you don't judge christians on what is written in THEIR holy fairytale books?

Stuff like slaves obey your master?

Well, if they're following and acting on it, why wouldn't you judge them? What else are you meant to do? Don't really understand your point.
So you're criticising the koran by calling it a fairytale book? I'm sure many Muslims, who consider it the word of God, might take issue with that and consider you islamophobic.

Edited by katana

18 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Oh boy.

Yet another poster that judges muslims on what is written in THEIR holy fairytale books.

Surely Katana you don't judge christians on what is written in THEIR holy fairytale books?

:clap2:

13 minutes ago, katana said:

Well, if they're following and acting on it, why wouldn't you judge them? What else are you mean to do? Don't really understand your point.
So you're criticising the koran by calling it a fairytale book? I'm sure many Muslims, who consider it the word of God, might take issue with that and consider you islamophobic.

not only the Qr'an but all religious books and pamphlets belong to the category fairy tale.

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Oh boy.

Perhaps   justified   by  "An  eye  for  an  eye "  ?   

The   fairytale  books  were  never  written  by  the  spokesperson  anyway.

Therein  lies  the  source  of  the   profitable  lies  !

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Oh boy.

Judge them by their actions inspired by the Holy books. The Quran has 109 verses advocating violence, and too many follow it to the letter, hence all the terrorism. In the Haddith of Bukkari Mohammad is quoted as saying 'I was made victorious by terror'. Not by argument, not by turning the other cheek, but by violence. 

22 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

'Extremists do not represent the majority' ......... you could not possibly be more wrong ........... you want to know why ?? .... I doubt it, but I'll tell you anyway ....... it is because the extremists are rapidly becoming the majority; but you will stay in denial, which is a huge part of the problem

Hello?  Extremists  would  not  be  listed  as  extremists  if they were  the  representatives  of  the  majority.

If  they were then  they  would  be  the nominal  conformity and  the   minority   who   objected   would  be  the  extremists.

It  is   more  probable that the  vast  majority   of  the  apathetic  to the   political  manipulation and  social  engineering are  at risk  of.

It  is  that  which  need  be  considered   carefully  across   all  fronts  of  this  and  other  insidious  issues   that are  distracting  the   world  from what  is  the  reality  !

As   of   old  the  tactics  of  "Divide  and  conquer" can  be  applied  in variable  ways   and  intent!

It  is  unfortunate  that  circumstance  or   apathetic   desire  to  conform  has  become portrayed  in a  deliberate polarized effort   to  conscript.

The   most  insidious   aspect  is  the  denial of  contemplation for anything  else !

"With  us  or   against   us  "  !

The  most  disgusting   betrayal  of  human  rights  in  modern  times  yet  it  has  become   the  mandate  for  the  current  political  nightmare!

In addition  I would  add  that  the   propaganda in  general  advocates  exactly  the  same  genocidal philosophical  pre emptive reactions to  that  which  is  being  claimed   against  an extremist  element. In that   light  who  then  are  the harbourers  of hate?

Edited by Dumbastheycome
Addition

24 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Judge them by their actions inspired by the Holy books. The Quran has 109 verses advocating violence, and too many follow it to the letter, hence all the terrorism. In the Haddith of Bukkari Mohammad is quoted as saying 'I was made victorious by terror'. Not by argument, not by turning the other cheek, but by violence. 

are you aware that the al-Bukhari hadith was compiled and written nearly 250 years after prophet Mohamed (p.b.o.h.) died? what kind of authenticity does that represent pertaining to alleged quotes of Mohamed?

4 hours ago, katana said:

A  quote   in  isolation. Typical   manipulation for  deceptive  intent.

3 hours ago, Naam said:

are you aware that the al-Bukhari hadith was compiled and written nearly 250 years after prophet Mohamed (p.b.o.h.) died? what kind of authenticity does that represent pertaining to alleged quotes of Mohamed?

er...in case you hadn't realised. It's not what you think about the verses or their veracity. It's what the followers of the religion think. They believe they are the word of their God as they answer the muezzuin call and go to prayer to listen to these verses and act upon them.

Edited by katana

30 minutes ago, katana said:

er...in case you hadn't realised. It's not what you think about the verses or their veracity. It's what the followers of the religion think. They believe they are the word of their God as they answer the muezzuin call and go to prayer to listen to these verses and act upon them.

Are you saying that all (or most) muslims take the ancient writings litterally, and follow them?

What is your opinion based on?

25 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Are you saying that all (or most) muslims take the ancient writings litterally, and follow them?

What is your opinion based on?

All seem to be devote. Adhering. Bring a few radicals in on the religious festivals, they maybe be scared. They would be by radical guest of speaker. What I know is, they have a network that connects them all together. I say because the festivals her bring odd non Thai Muslim  here. All the time. I do notice.. 

8 hours ago, katana said:

er...in case you hadn't realised that "the followers" is an unjustified generalisation because there are followers and there are followers. yes, the majority of uneducated Muslims are thinking analog to the thinking of Christians in medieval times, id est what the "book" and the priests preach must be believed and obeyed... or else hellfire. after all Islam has to catch up more than six centuries.

let's be fair and admit that Christianity, six centuries ago was as intolerant and dogmatic as Islam is today, e.g. the "30 year war" in Europe (1618 till 1648 / Catholics versus Protestants) during which 6 million (~30% of the population) lost their lives.

8 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

All seem to be devote. Adhering. Bring a few radicals in on the religious festivals, they maybe be scared. They would be by radical guest of speaker. What I know is, they have a network that connects them all together. I say because the festivals her bring odd non Thai Muslim  here. All the time. I do notice.. 

You know there is a network bringing radicals to all the religious festivals here?

How do you Know this?

How do you know they are radicals?

Do you talk with them?

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Dislike now change it to Aversion. Just another word that points to my intolerance of any Mosque being built in a non Muslim area and then to see how that area literally went to the dogs soon after.  

Ah, intolerance. 

That is a word we could possibly agree upon. 

Intolerance towards Thai citizens being allowed to worship in Thailand, however, there we disagree. 

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Ah, intolerance. 

That is a word we could possibly agree upon. 

Intolerance towards Thai citizens being allowed to worship in Thailand, however, there we disagree. 

Beg to differ. They have the right to worship, just very much not accepted everywhere, and no one has the right to tell them or anyone that they have to like the Muslims and their Mosques. Looking forward to Khon Kaen stopping them building one.

Yes you understand the word intolerant very well as it is what you project to every OP that doesn't fit your opinion bill.

10 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Beg to differ. They have the right to worship, just very much not accepted everywhere, and no one has the right to tell them or anyone that they have to like the Muslims and their Mosques. Looking forward to Khon Kaen stopping them building one.

Yes you understand the word intolerant very well as it is what you project to every OP that doesn't fit your opinion bill.

Looking forward to Thais being denied the right to worship, are you?

Quite a statement. 

As to your final paragraph...sigh. 

Edited by Bluespunk

4 hours ago, Naam said:

let's be fair and admit that Christianity, six centuries ago was as intolerant and dogmatic as Islam is today, e.g. the "30 year war" in Europe (1618 till 1648 / Catholics versus Protestants) during which 6 million (~30% of the population) lost their lives

So, are you saying it should be allowed?

I agree Islam today is similar and should be stamped out before they take over the world.

56 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Looking forward to Thais being denied the right to worship, are you?

Quite a statement. 

As to your final paragraph...sigh. 

Let's just say protested out. Made EXTREMELY unwelcome. And the local Thai from that area have every right to do so! Stop it with your Thais being denied propaganda BS.. And the Muslims are not fully accepted here in Thailand. Not by a long shot. They are so to say tolerated on a second class level. 

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

Let's just say protested out. Made EXTREMELY unwelcome. And the local Thai from that area have every right to do so! Stop it with your Thais being denied propaganda BS.. And the Muslims are not fully accepted here in Thailand. Not by a long shot. They are so to say tolerated on a second class level. 

The rohti sellers are actually really welcome.