Hotel on BTS in BKK

hmficc

It's a bit of a 'loud' area but the hotel is very nice and as quiet as you want it.

Soi 4 and it's called The Darwin Hotel.  I've stayed there a few times and it not  a quick time place at all.  Very nice place.

The same outfit have about 4 places in bkk.  The Dynasty Inn is probably the most well known  but they also cater for those who arent here for 'short time'.

Centara Grand at Central Plaza, admittedly it is 1.7km from Mo Chit BTS but right on the doorstep of the Phahon Yothin Metro which makes it more than accessible using the Airpport train with a change at Makkassan - Petchaburi.

A good solid 5 star with plenty of amenities, surrounding area pleasant, and can be under 3000THB depending on travel

A bonus would be easy acces to Don Muang if your Chiang Mai connection departs from there.

Have got Opal doing the same at Xmas.

There has to be 100's of travel and hotel web sites with reviews of hotels along Sukumvit  easiliy within that price range.Presuming you are not go to sleep 24/7 and need to get out maybe have a look around the Emporium Shopping Centre.Plenty of quality shops ,food courts etc.BTS station within walking distance

There is a cool cheapie in Sathorn called Sathorn Saint...quite a few expats reside there.  Rooftop pool....lots of cold, cheap beers...about 450 per night...good sleeping.  Free bananas every day.  Walk from Surasak BTS.  Nice change of pace from the Suckhumvit scene, but Denny's Bar on the ground floor of holiday inn is good.

You could consider the Nasa Vegas Hotel, good price (well within yor budget) but no swimming pool. Nasa Vegas has a direct bridge link to the BTS at Ramkhamhaeng, 4 stops from BKK. It is a very big (not informal) hotel and it has a selection of room types. They do a reasonable price and reasonable  quality buffet breakfast as well. There is nothing wrong with it but not much in the surrounding area.I find it great for a 1 night stopover. If you are flying to CM from  DMK and not BKK the easiest way would probably be back to BKK and then the free shuttle bus.

Edited by Gruff

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

You could consider the Nasa Vegas Hotel, good price (well within yor budget) but no swimming pool. Nasa Vegas has a direct bridge link to the BTS at Ramkhamhaeng,

" BTS at Ramkhamhaeng "

Recently opened presumably, there wasn't one there yesterday.

If you are being pedantic and i should have said Airport Rail Link sytrain station that is not particularly helpful to the OP. Nice of you to try and make me look stupid !  Maybe you should think before you compose a response next time. 

Ramkhamhaeng Station is an Airport Rail Link station on Ramkhamhaeng Road and State Railway of Thailand-Eastern Line in Suan Luang District, Bangkok. Wikipedia

Address: รามคำแหง, 2655 Ramkhamhaeng Rd, Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250, Thailand
Opened: August 23, 2010

Edited by Gruff

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

If you are being pedantic and i should have said Airport Rail Link sytrain station that is not particularly helpful to the OP. Nice of you to try and make me look stupid !  Maybe you should think before you compose a response next time. 

Maybe I should think?

I was pointing out that the BTS (that the OP specifically wanted the hotel to be on) doesn't have a station anywhere near the Nasa or Ramkamhaeng. 

"...i should have said Airport Rail Link sytrain station..."

The ARL is not the Skytrain.

You knew what i  meant, you could have been helpful and explained my error as opposed to having a dig. Yes it is possible the OP wants a BTS station but as he is coming in and out of airport i think unlikely he would exclude the airport rail link.

5 minutes ago, Gruff said:

You knew what i  meant, you could have been helpful and explained my error as opposed to having a dig. Yes it is possible the OP wants a BTS station but as he is coming in and out of airport i think unlikely he would exclude the airport rail link.

I knew what you meant but that doesn't mean the OP would have known.

"Yes it is possible the OP wants a BTS station..."  

Possible?   Here's the OP title, "Hotel on BTS in BKK".  Do you not think that means that he was asking very specifically about a BTS station location?

If you want to continue this you're on your own now.

• 1 month later...