Only a matter of time before someone is killed in South Pattaya - say residents

webfact

10 hours ago, Jip99 said:

An excellent appraisal of the difficulties faced when dealing with Thai workers....... pushing it a bit to blame the junta for years of neglect and culture.

I had no particular love for the corruption it replaced, but they rolled in with their tanks & promised to "Kiss it and make it all better".

3 & a half years later & nothing has changed, at least not for the better.

7 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

You were being paid to put up with that unlike us who were paying.  The painting and preparation of concrete to paint was the worst.  I will be redoing bits of it for years.  TIT.

The Thai company certainly wasn't paying enough. Cheap B*stards.

The job did have one perk though, as it was a military contract. I had a letter from some General & the cops would never try to milk me for going 123 kph in a 120 zone as soon as I showed them that letter.

They'd suddenly stare at the peculiar anomaly on a billboard somewhere near by and tell me "You! You! Go!"

Edited by jaywalker

18 hours ago, Get Real said:

As I can see it, we only have negative solutions here.

Tear it down and somebody will surely die. Let it stand and somebody will surely find a good place for the ever so popular balcony jumping. :crazy:

Death is upon us, death is eminent......

Eminent is not a description I would apply to death. Not imminent, either ... I hope.

16 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I've kinda withheld an opinion on the Junta, but. this is FAILURE.

I worked 18 months or so for a Thai company as a consultant/trainer, and NO MATTER WHAT I SAID, the workers would just grin at me and do it however they wanted to do the work.

It was probably the most unfulfilling job I ever had.

Suppose I has delusions of grandeur, in that I figured I could turn them into a highly efficient, productive crew...NOPE.

I quit, as I could not figure out what purpose I was serving, other than to present a Farang face to the customer on occasion.

Can copy that........"We have done this for many years and there was never a problem. So why change now?"

Not only unfullfilling, but very frustrating as well. 

Not only a Thai things btw, in most underdeveloped countries it's all the same. 

4 hours ago, jaywalker said:

The Thai company certainly wasn't paying enough. Cheap B*stards.

The job did have one perk though, as it was a military contract. I had a letter from some General & the cops would never try to milk me for going 123 kph in a 120 zone as soon as I showed them that letter.

They'd suddenly stare at the peculiar anomaly on a billboard somewhere near by and tell me "You! You! Go!"

Yep, I used to get something like happen in my job.

Company ID would do it, hum & ha for a minute then say "Go!"

Just a retired ex-pat now, ho hum...

15 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I had no particular love for the corruption it replaced, but they rolled in with their tanks & promised to "Kiss it and make it all better".

3 & a half years later & nothing has changed, at least not for the better.

I think that the current government has made some progress. Given the massive amount of corruption and lawlessness in every walk of life here it really is an uphill struggle that I would not want to take on.

On 10/3/2017 at 6:53 AM, jaywalker said:

I've kinda withheld an opinion on the Junta, but. this is FAILURE.

I worked 18 months or so for a Thai company as a consultant/trainer, and NO MATTER WHAT I SAID, the workers would just grin at me and do it however they wanted to do the work.

It was probably the most unfulfilling job I ever had.

Suppose I has delusions of grandeur, in that I figured I could turn them into a highly efficient, productive crew...NOPE.

I quit, as I could not figure out what purpose I was serving, other than to present a Farang face to the customer on occasion.

Quite often that is the case. A Thai company being able to brag to other Thais that they have a farang staff member. I saw it when I worked at a private college about 15 years ago. It was a pure dog and pony show. Nothing we did mattered as the students never listened or learned.