Pattaya beach now dubbed "War Zone" by tourists

webfact

Pattaya beach now dubbed "War Zone" by tourists

3am1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

PATTAYA: -- Manager reported that tourists were now calling a 200 meter stretch of North Pattaya beach a war zone.

This was because of:

* Huge bags of sand that no one seemed to be doing anything with

* What they called bunkers on the beach

* Mountains of trash

* And now, to complete the war zone analogy, the refugees have even moved in....well, the homeless.

3am2.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Manager said the title of war zone was given by tourists for the area from the Dusit Resort heading towards South Pattaya.

No one from the private contractors seemed to be there when reporters came calling.

the homeless had moved in after fences were ripped out.

What was once a "world class" beach is now a tip, they said, once again repeating the mantra that this was "damaging the image of Pattaya".

With high season fast approaching the media called on the authorities to ensure that the work at the beach was hurried up.

Thai media has been increasingly vocal in recent weeks slamming contractors and the authorities for the state of the beach and other pressing local issues.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-03

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In their zeal and mad planning to "beautify" and make it better, they have managed

to screw it all up to the sorry state of today, there was no need to fix much, but

trust the locals to either not doing anything or over doing things....

2 hours ago, webfact said:

What was once a "world class" beach is now a tip, they said, once again repeating the mantra that this was "damaging the image of Pattaya".

That must have been before my time on earth i guess :passifier:

37 minutes ago, Thian said:

That must have been before my time on earth i guess :passifier:

Well I don't know about being world class, but in my younger fitter days, it was a very nice beach and an enjoyable walk from The Dusit Corner to where the Sanctuary of Truth is nowadays. Many intervening years of construction and deterioration.

At that time the beach pictured on the other side of The Dusit had a sewage stream nearby.

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, jacko45k said:

Well I don't know about being world class, but in my younger fitter days, it was a very nice beach and a walk from The Dusit Corner to where the Sanctuary of Truth is nowadays. Many intervening years of construction and deterioration.

I can remember Maya beach being worldclass, i was about the only tourist there and boats were not allowed to enter the bay. I won't go back though, have seen the pictures of how it looks now.

I walked along the beach yesterday to see for myself what all the commotion was about....walked from somewhete between the Hilton and Mike shopping mall to walking St, where most tourists head for....all looked ok to me.

I guess the  area in question was above my starting point. Given that then, I don't see how many tourists are affected as they mainly frequent the stretch I walked.

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Pattaya  The Top world class family tourist destination of the Hub of Asia.

Don't see what the problem is. :jap:

2016-06-04-1465041928-3701665-RoseTintedGlasses.jpg

Pattaya is the sex capital of Asia, always has been and always will be because that is the way the Thais want it. What do think people come to Pattaya for? I lived there for 5 years while working in Rayong. I enjoyed the city but not the dirty beaches. 

Dotpoom yes you certainely did miss the area that is the subject/photos here. And evidentely you also missed/obliveous to the construction trailer trash junkyard at South end. Concrete junk, pumps for failed drain project, locals blocking narrow footpath .

Edited by morrobay
Add

"With high season fast approaching the media called on the authorities to ensure that the work at the beach was hurried up."

Yes, get on with it!  We can't be upsetting the tourists!  I mean, **** the residents and expats who contribute to the economy every day of the year!

What were once nice beaches, where people could go on a daily basis and swim, are now just shit'oles next to the cesspit of a sea.

I stopped going to the beach a long time ago, along with a few more expats that I know.  The tourists will wise-up eventually, and go elsewhere.  As for the expats, well, some have already left Thailand for good.  I feel sorry for the residents, especially the Thais, who have to just put-up with it.

But, "Mai Bpen Rai", the tourist numbers will be going through the roof again, so **** everybody else.

The raw sewage and dirty beaches are what the authorities and Thai elites should focus on, as they show a lack of pride and hurt the almighty tourist revenue. 

The young women, who work in the seeder venues, transfer wealth to the poorer, humble villages to the east.   The priorities in Pattaya show what is wrong with the country.

"War Zone" - pathetic.

I've spent years in actual war zones (Croatia in the early 90s and 10 years in Afghanistan) and you'd have to be a few bricks short of a load to claim that Pattaya's beaches are anything like a "war zone". That has to come from someone as lame as Kanye, who once claimed that him performing on stage was like being "a soldier in war".

From actual war zones: 

Croatia - 1992

croatia-10.thumb.jpg.70ba897010789c986aef9184c31e4869.jpg  croatia-20.thumb.jpg.52e1adb166f58c5a63d2f5edffbcde4b.jpg

croatia-1.thumb.jpg.853dcebfc9c5ca25deb2d195c4e5f21f.jpg  croatia-21.thumb.jpg.495d0cb7a2e0df5f068cca7784246a78.jpg

Afghanistan 2003-2014

DSC00059.thumb.JPG.de47b3dc7285791ac98936ffde003ac6.JPG  DSC00064.thumb.JPG.141b18e54546f0362ebc190a7757639e.JPG

My work truck minutes after a rocket exploded in the cab:

IMG_3988.thumb.JPG.3fa590ba5a1785277e3de3622982713a.JPG

Pattaya beach is more like a "construction zone". 

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

So 1968 seems to have been so called world class.see what nearly 50 years have done

Back in '68, I was a young, strapping lad with a full head of hair and a twinkle in my eye.  A blank slate brimming with ambition, brains and all kinds of energy to git 'er done.

Looking at my love handles and bald head in the mirror every morning, I think I know just how the beach feels...

Edit:  BTW, from the headline, I thought this would be about rival jet ski gangs or taxi crews...

Edited by impulse