Shirtless Farangs

Pilotman

2 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Recall reading  of shirtless tourists being finned, (of all times during Songkhran)

It must be an "outrage to public decency" under Thai law.

I was stopped driving our pick-up without wearing a shirt. 40 baht fine! Between Non Mek and Ban Dung. 7 years ago.

Just now, oldlakey said:

Well I hope you had your strides on

Very droll OL. Attempt at humour. Like it!

We had to get to the Vehicle Licencing Centre (VLC) on Sakon Nakon Road. I was carrying the little one (just a few months old then) in Ban Dung and she was sick down my T-shirt. The wife said not to worry we could get a new shirt at Non Han (on the way) to VLC. Got stopped and paid up. Been done for more for less. 

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Very droll OL. Attempt at humour. Like it!

We had to get to the Vehicle Licencing Centre (VLC) on Sakon Nakon Road. I was carrying the little one (just a few months old then) in Ban Dung and she was sick down my T-shirt. The wife said not to worry we could get a new shirt at Non Han (on the way) to VLC. Got stopped and paid up. Been done for more for less. 

I remember it well slightly different though, I used to get it all down my back when getting the wind up

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ravip said:

To be very frank...

No one needs 30 or even 3 years experience.

Farangs stink as much as the blacks the browns the yellow or what ever the rainbow colors - it is just their superior attitude... they are the fruits of the same tree.

Did you somehow think this post was about 'Body odor'???????

And somehow you think you can learn as much in 3 years as you can learn in 30 years?????????

And you consider yourself 'very frank'?????? .......A very self-drawn conclusion... LOL......

People can have 'pride'........ but you prefer to call it 'superior attitude'.... I have more pride than to go out in public without a shirt........... Thanks........... a bit different than 'superior attitude'....... LOL......

And I draw a clear opinion that you don't know apples from oranges when you think we come from the same tree............

Everyone has something to say here on ThaiVisa.com....... This is in regard to what you had to say.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, ravip said:

To be very frank...

No one needs 30 or even 3 years experience.

Farangs stink as much as the blacks the browns the yellow or what ever the rainbow colors - it is just their superior attitude... they are the fruits of the same tree.

Stupid people never learn, intelligent people learn quite quickly.

On 10/26/2017 at 4:32 PM, Oceanbat said:

Sounds like a lot of old men on this forum with a curmudgeonly disposition. You all really should find some sort of hobby in retirement that isn’t trying to elevate your own social station in life by denigrating others.

Curmudgeonly disposition, something that happens to all men that live long enough to discover how truly disappointing life is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Curmudgeonly disposition, something that happens to all men that live long enough to discover how truly disappointing life is.

I'm only disappointed I didn't know about Thailand when I was in my twenties. Damn.

• Like 2

I have been insulted as has my Thai wife and her family plus many of my Thai business friends by some of the uneducated and ill informed statements and claims that have been made on this thread. My Thai business friends and I always walk around with no shirts on and sit of an afternoon and have a beer with no shirts on, That is the real Thai culture until after world war 2 America pressured the Thai government to change their morality laws to co-inside with the Christian way of life, the same as England did in Australia, New Zealand, America, Canada and other places that they colonized. Because if this there are many true cultures been lost and many others have change because of interference from Christian countries. My mother-in-law will still sit around with no top on because that is the way she was brought up. In many cultures the breasts are not a sexual thing, it is only the dirty minds of the Pedophile Christians that make a woman's breast a sexual thing and therefore it is dirty for a woman to expose them even when she must feed a baby.

If we are going to a temple then I dress appropriately. As for the singlet tops and tattoo's then look at a photo of a German supermarket.

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I have been insulted as has my Thai wife and her family plus many of my Thai business friends by some of the uneducated and ill informed statements and claims that have been made on this thread. My Thai business friends and I always walk around with no shirts on and sit of an afternoon and have a beer with no shirts on, That is the real Thai culture until after world war 2 America pressured the Thai government to change their morality laws to co-inside with the Christian way of life, the same as England did in Australia, New Zealand, America, Canada and other places that they colonized. Because if this there are many true cultures been lost and many others have change because of interference from Christian countries. My mother-in-law will still sit around with no top on because that is the way she was brought up. In many cultures the breasts are not a sexual thing, it is only the dirty minds of the Pedophile Christians that make a woman's breast a sexual thing and therefore it is dirty for a woman to expose them even when she must feed a baby.

If we are going to a temple then I dress appropriately. As for the singlet tops and tattoo's then look at a photo of a German supermarket.

I take it your not a Christian then by your bias rant.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Arrai Waa?

• Thanks 1

Thongkorn, it does not matter if I am Christian or not, (but I was brought up Christian but know I follow Buddhism), the facts are that many cultures did not see a woman's breasts as a sexual thing, it was not until Christians came to those countries that it was deemed that women's breasts were sexual and must be covered. Even today a woman can be charged with indecent exposure in many countries if she breast feeds a baby in public, she must go into a germ ridden toilet to feed the baby in many places, and that is the interference from Christianity in the countries that England colonized and that America put on Thailand and because of this there are many native cultures from many countries have been destroyed

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Thongkorn, it does not matter if I am Christian or not, (but I was brought up Christian but know I follow Buddhism), the facts are that many cultures did not see a woman's breasts as a sexual thing, it was not until Christians came to those countries that it was deemed that women's breasts were sexual and must be covered. Even today a woman can be charged with indecent exposure in many countries if she breast feeds a baby in public, she must go into a germ ridden toilet to feed the baby in many places, and that is the interference from Christianity in the countries that England colonized and that America put on Thailand and because of this there are many native cultures from many countries have been destroyed

How does the Muslim way sit with this. Could a woman plop out her breast to feed the nipper in; say Saudi? Or Luton even!

• Like 1

owl sees all, I'm sorry but I will not detract from this forum about the culture of Thailand of men not wearing shirts.

But you are correct about Muslims, but the Muslims did not colonize the countries that I mentioned so as far as I'm concerned it does not come into this thread

29 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Didn't you mean ED Erectile Disfunction

I have a pill for the Erectile Dysfunction.

For pills to alleviate 'disappointment with life'  I would need to return to the west.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I could ask, why do Thais in my soi walk around shirtless? They even go into 7-Eleven. So Ok they are local and only 100m or so from their houses. 
But i doubt they leave the soi shirtless so same should apply to tourists . On the beach or 100m away in nearest 7-Eleven OK. But downtown in Tesco supermarket, NO. But then Walmart gets all sorts of weirdos. 

Much the same can be said about walking around in BKK wearing a "wife-beater shirt, shorts and rubber thong shoes. It is after all the capital city.
Who are you to tell someone who is born and bred in thailand what to do.its got nowt to do with ant foriner to tell anybody else what ot wear .so basicly farang s should keep there neb out and be lucky they are in thailand .if you dont like people enjoying themselves go back home and stay indoors

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, travelingman1959 said:

go back home and stay indoors

He shouldn't forget to turn up the heating to full, though, if, perchance, he's become accustomed to padding around his humble abode in LOS sans shirt and can't break the habit!

Edited by OJAS

On 10/28/2017 at 6:35 AM, Ulysses G. said:

"Why do so many Farangs walk and ride about shirtless off the beach areas?"

Because it is so hot. I would not do it myself, but it is fairly normal behavior in my country.

I guess they forgot where they are. Perhaps better they head home. Thailand has enough disrespectful foreign <deleted> already both men and women.

holiday3.jpg

4 hours ago, JimP said:

Are you referring to the legality of open container in Thailand?  It is legal to walk around with an open bottle of beer.  Sure, it's not the classiest thing to do, but you see it in the city as well as near the beaches.  What's your beef?  If they properly chuck the bottle or can in a bin, who gives a rat's ass?

IF the empties were consistently so discarded and IF all they did was walk around (instead of trying to enter restaurants, bars, & shops with it), I suppose not many would have anything but the odd comment about how lame it is.   Oh wait - that's all they ARE doing, and it actually IS pretty much on-topic.   So what and what's YOUR beef if you see someone mentioning it here - as you so eloquently put it, who gives a rat's ass?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1