How does the lane info match the goal with driving

watcharacters

As I was driving down a three lane divided road   (three lanes in each direction),    I wondered how it's possible that  the government allowed parking in the outside lane.     Much of the curb along the way was painted the red/white but clearly much of the curb was not painted anything which allowed for parking.

The outside lane where parking was happening even had forward directional arrows.

Certainly this created a bottleneck for the traffic  in several areas and most importantly it created a wonderful opportunity for an accident.

I hope if there's a response it's not the trite TIT many TV members love to use.      I don't think Thais are any more or less ignorant than other nationalities.

I just wonder how this is possible?

11 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I don't think Thais are any more or less ignorant than other nationalities.

When it comes to driving, I'm sure you know they are. That comes home when three lanes becomes four and idiots passing on the left hard shoulder barely have room to squeeze their wing mirrors through.

Oh how we could make a list of the amazing things we see here as we drive.they built a new u- turn near my home,  they used 1.5 of the right fast lane and center lane to do it.  At night the drunks would run into the new curb and blow there tires out.  So they installed big bright rails and sign to help the drunks.  The cars have 60% to 80% tint on the windows and so not really sure how they can see the road at night.  Has anyone else noticed that in the crash videos no one even tries to stop before impact.    Amazing Thailand !!